• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoopaTheCasual

Isn't Guerilla announcing their new game this event? An arpg, if the rumors are true. A FFVII announcement would steal all the attention from it...
And also lots of rumblings about TLG as well. If both these magical titles get announced/re-revealed it makes sense why other publishers were pulling announcements from E3 and announcing beforehand.
Didn't he already confirm the FF spin off was the recently announced Dissidia game?
Yes he did.

RPGamer92

Banned
The only thing that concerns me is that Verendus said a spin-off was coming not a remake. Maybe this spin-off is being announced and people are confused?

RC

Banned
Probably the only game that could get me back into gaming.

I still have my doubts though until I see it with my own eyes.

Galang

Banned
Not multiple sources now... wow. This would have been a crazy surprise if didn't leak. I still can't believe it until I see it myself

So. I'm currently on holiday in Rome, yet tonight I will be staying up till 5 AM, even though I'll likely be on my feet all of tomorrow whilst I visit the Vatican. If FF7 remake is announced, I feel so sorry for my sister and mother, because they're probably going to be woken up in the early hours of the morning by my screams of joy.

Though if any of the Sony rumours are true then it's probably going to have the same result.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
uKN2t2n.jpg

there's still time guys....

HeelPower

That's why it's said to be outsourced.

Then there is little reason to be excited if its not by SE's first department.

We don't really a dumb vapourware stunt by SE and Sony.

Silent Hills, TLG, Versus, KH3...No one needs pointless years of waiting and empty promises.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Cyber Connect 2? I would love for a remake with cell shading graphics. I think the more realistic graphics kill the charm of FF7.
That would be amazing. A super-serious Advent Children style remake would be the most boring possible way to do it.

Fehyd

Banned

Silent Hills, TLG, Versus, KH3...No one needs pointless years of waiting and empty promises.

TBH, aside from the XIV team, I'd trust a third party to actually get something out on-time than anybody else at SE at the moment.

people here are confusing Verendus words. Here is a summary:

-in 2013 he said, that an proper FF7 Remake will be coming (but its still far off) - he claimed that he even saw the project with his own eyes

- After the PSX Event and that FF7 PC Port, he said, that we still get an proper Remake - but also an compilation with probably some Remasters

- According to Verendus that Remake will be handled by Kitase and Nomura. After Nomura is finished with Kh3, the Full Production of it will start

- Some Weeks ago he added, that we will also get a new Spinn-off, which is AA, but should please the Fans

Then we got Kyoufu who made an Avatar Bet with JohnBender, that the FF7 Remake will get announced this year

Since our new Insider from today claims that the Remake started its development some months ago, my guess is:
Nomura left KH3 in Tai Yasue hand's and is now fully focusing on the Remake

Darksol

Persona. The Last Guardian. FFVII. Shenmue.

If I see only one of these games, it'll still be the best conference of the night for me.
If I see two of these games, I'll consider it the best E3 in recent history.
If I see three of these games, I'll have a heart attack or minor stroke.
If I see all four of these games, I will probably fall into the fetal position and cry like a baby.

Cagey

Banned
Guys

Guys

Just stop

It's NOT happening

It's yearly tradition for me to feel irrational excitement for an FF7 remake only to feel the pain and agony of disappointment brought about solely because of my own foolishness in getting amped up for no reason.

It makes me feel alive, friend.

Don't you fucking take this away from me.

prwxv3

people here are confusing Verendus words. Here is a summary:

-in 2013 he said, that an proper FF7 Remake will be coming (but its still far off) - he claimed that he even saw the project with his eyes

- After the PSX Event and that FF7 PC Port, he said, that we still get an proper Remake - but also an compilation with probably some Remasters

- Some Weeks ago he added, that we will also get a new Spinn-off, which is AA, but should please the Fans

Then we got Kyoufu who made an Avatar Bet with JohnBender, that the FF7 Remake will get announced this year

He also predicted dissidia

genjiZERO

I'd much rather they focus on new ideas. Final Fantasy 7 was great as it was. I have no confidence that the Square of 2015 has to ability to do anything but fuck it up.

Dude, the game would still be designed/directed by SE, just the actual production would be outsourced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom