• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
hype-gif3kopp.gif
Roflmfao

djjinx2

I didn't really want to be up at 2 am, just set my alarm for 1.30 and gonna have a nap first fuck it the hype is real

Then there is little reason to be excited if its not by SE's first department.

We don't really a dumb vapourware stunt by SE and Sony.

Silent Hills, TLG, Versus, KH3...No one needs pointless years of waiting and empty promises.

Dont forget Agent. Sony is the fucking king of empty promises.

If Nomura leaves his star project for a remake... he might as well write 'I'm a joke' on his forehead. :(

I would have to give a bitter laugh: Kicked off/left FFXV/VersusXIII (which was his ambitious project of what a modern Final Fantasy game could be), goes to head up the third mainline installment of his flagship franchise, then leaves that to make a remake of an 18 year-old game.

From earlier this year:

An article about CyberConnect2's current work in 2015.

In March 2015 CyberConnect2 put out cryptic hire ads to take on "A New Challenge".

Sources on the FFVII:Remake are saying the project has been worked on for months.

It's happening guys!!!!!

Hype Thrusters MAXIMUM!!!!!!!

One Winged Angel is coming to life!

tumblr_inline_nc0uhutzl71rbpimx.gif

KoopaTheCasual

My guess:

Producer:Kitase (not working on a major project, Mobius is launched)
Director: Nomura (not the director of FF15, and according to Tai Yasue his work rate towards kingdom Hearts 3 didnt change)
Nojima (not working on FF15 anymore)
Nobue Uematsu
Wouldn't that be some shit. The dream team that were all pulled from FF15 end up on this thing. Throw Jun Akiyama on the project, and then that creative cast has my full support to not fuck it up.

There is a market, we just want the GOOD Final Fantasy games on the Xbox... Like FFXIV... And FFVI and FFVII would be nice.

There is a market but it very small , X1 dead in Japan and most of EU .
So if it is only on PS you can see the reason why , PS is the system rpg sell the most on .

djjinx2

What if these rumours were planted by the opposition so when we get nothing, everything was dissapointment, Sony 4/10?

I've got a feeling it won't be FF XV level graphics and will instead be redrawn high quality backgrounds with a next gen character model.

Same sort of gameplay and perspective.

Elman

Well...if this actually happens, I'm guessing the trailer will look something like this:

-Footage of FFVII
-Footage of FFVII: Advent Children
-Footage of FFVII: Before Crisis
-Footage of FFVII: Crisis Core
-Footage of FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus

Logos flash on screen, eventually revealing...

FFVII: C
ompilation

And we get HD port collection of the aforementioned games/films.

481409iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

I totally called the FFXIII Versus logo exploding into XV, so trust me
I just didn't tell anyone about it

crinale

Connecting verendamus' clues
There are supposedly 2 JRPG announcements coming from SE
Ffvii spinoff
And
???

What other franchises can win back fans' goodwill?

They have been hiring people to make rather "edgy" Dragon Quest game for a while. Also Japanese UE4 representative have been talking with DQX guy (Saito) for a while..

JesusSama

Neo Member
Connecting verendamus' clues
There are supposedly 2 JRPG announcements coming from SE
Ffvii spinoff
And
???

What other franchises can win back fans' goodwill?

It wouldn't just be goodwill.

I think we'd all be lining up on our knees for them even if they kicked all our dogs with this announcement.

Pejo

Ok, ok. I'm on the hype train. First time I've ever changed my avatar here other than a santa hat. (My apologies if someone else is already using this one, I'm at work and have avatars off).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
People think it would be announced during the PS4 Conference tonight, but we also have the Square-Enix conference tomorrow.

Either Sony is partially funding the project and therefore it would likely be at the conference tonight, or if not Square-Enix would likely have it at its own conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom