• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

catmario

The Annual E3 rumor. Not again.

- Last Guardians (It might be legit on this year though)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake rumor
- Shemnue 3 rumor
- Agent Rumor
- Half-Life 3 rumor

I call them The Five annual E3 baits. This year has no exception. :p

The build-up to this E3 has been even more fuelled by ridiculous levels of hype than PSX was. I didn't think that would be possible.

Here's just hoping it doesn't all end in tears... of the wrong kind.

LowParry

what if we assume the reason it's only for the ps4 is because sony is footing some of the bill and allocating resources to help make it?

The Ps4 isn't doing the numbers sony wants in Japan and if there is a list of games to moneyhat to bring that market to life (that will also sell well worldwide) a FF7 remake would have to be near the top of that list.

edit: of course all hypothetical here as it likely doesn't exist.

It makes sense but when has SE ever made sense these days?

Rozart

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

The FF7 announcement seems a /lil/ plausible but TLG being released this year?? Cmon son!

Don't do this to meeeee.

The build-up to this E3 has been even more fuelled by ridiculous levels of hype than PSX was. I didn't think that would be possible.

Here's just hoping it doesn't all end in tears... of the wrong kind.

image.php

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If our 'insider' info is true, I just need to wonder what can be accomplished in a FFVII remake in two year of development.... especially since they also need to develop FFXV concurrently.

If it is true... maybe just asset upgrade/standard PS2-level graphics overhaul? I don't know.

kevm3

How long would this even take to come out anyways? FF15 was supposed to be released last gen, so even if this was announced, it might not come out until 5 years from now.

fantomena

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

Not trusting you until a mod verifies you.

zulux21

It makes sense but when has SE ever made sense these days?

best response I have here is we are getting a new star ocean game lol.
beyond that their mobile market games have been showing they are getting a better idea of what fans really want as they have moved from cheap cash ins to actual decent games (and getting quite a bit of money from the new one and likely decent money from record keeper)

After last year I'm never getting my hopes up over anything SE does ever again.

It's never happening, everyone needs to accept it and move on.

i-Jest

I'll believe it when I see the gameplay for the final build. Until then, didn't they say they couldn't do it because they'd go broke if they did?

LowParry

How long would this even take to come out anyways? FF15 was supposed to be released last gen, so even if this was announced, it might not come out until 5 years from now.

Well. You first have to start with a PS3 version or PS3/Vita. Think of it as FFX Remake. When that well becomes dry, you port that shiz right on over to PS4 with some "enhanced music" bullshit or whatever. And why not just throw in a NEW NEW copy of Advent Children.

best response I have here is we are getting a new star ocean game lol.
beyond that their mobile market games have been showing they are getting a better idea of what fans really want as they have moved from cheap cash ins to actual decent games (and getting quite a bit of money from the new one and likely decent money from record keeper)

I completely forgot about Star Ocean 5. That came out of nowhere. And Record Keeper is pretty damn fun.

t_wilson01

I really don't want to get too excited, but if this is a proper remake I'm so in. I'm so bummed that JRPGs have basically become action games in recent years. Would have loved if FFX had been a remake.

trustnoone.jpg

That being said... I want to believe

SOLDIER

I would totally be fine with a mid-budget remake. It doesn't have to reach FFXV's caliber, because FFVII has a strong enough artstyle to stand on its own.

So it would be a bummer if the majority of people complained about it "looking like shit".

Nerokis

Lol. "Can't give your word on the crazy Shenmue rumors"? They started production on this legendary remake a mere few months ago, and they'll be announcing it at this E3 for a release a couple years from now? And they're planning The Last Guardian's release around Uncharted 4's delay...?

Couldn't be more obvious that this is bullshit. Reminds me of the usual Reddit insider.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't think this is a project Squenix would half-ass, if/when they ever do it.

FFVII is a massive game. I imagine it'll require untold hours and money to give it a "proper" upgrade that is really worthy for the new consoles/PC.

Doubtful they're actually willing to do it, at least in the way that we all hope and wish for.

zulux21

I would totally be fine with a mid-budget remake. It doesn't have to reach FFXV's caliber, because FFVII has a strong enough artstyle to stand on its own.

So it would be a bummer if the majority of people complained about it "looking like shit".

while I would be fine with this as well. Given reactions to Type-0 there is no doubt that if a ff7 remake was made that it will need to look at the very least better than ff13 did, or we would hear an endless stream of how crappy it looks.

Caronte

Couldn't you get banned for this kind of thing?

Toxi

Banned
Lol. "Can't give your word on the crazy Shenmue rumors"? They started production on this legendary remake a mere few months ago, and they'll be announcing it at this E3 for a release a couple years from now? And they're planning The Last Guardian's release around Uncharted 4's delay...?

Couldn't be more obvious that this is bullshit. Reminds me of the usual Reddit insider.
The nice thing about GAF is that the mods ban the usual Reddit insider.

tkscz

Siliconera has learnt that Square Enix are developing a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 4.

"Learnt" and "Square Enix are" make me suspicious. Also the fact that it's only Siliconera

Into

And one last thing.... OMG trailer for Shenmue 3/Final Fantasy 7/The Last Guardian...a brand new look at Uncharted 4 coming 2016! Thanks everyone!

OMFG IM DONE WITH THIS INDUSTRY!

FUCK E3 WORSTEVER

SHOULD I HANG MYSELF OR JUMP OFF A BRIDGE?

WORST E3 EVER GAF?

GAF IS THIS THE WORST DAY EVER?

How could it even be economical to release a modern Final Fantasy 7 on a single console?

I expect they'd need to release it on all 3 platforms. For that reason this is unfortunately bullshit :(

"Learnt" and "Square Enix are" make me suspicious. Also the fact that it's only Siliconera

Both are acceptable in British English AFAIK. They treat collective nouns (like company names) as plural whereas American English speakers tend to use singluar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom