• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it's true, I can't say I care too much. I'm so over FFVII. It was fine when I beat it back in 1998, but I've moved on.

Edit: My original versions of posts with grammatical pet peeves of mine always get quoted. =D

Sony conference tonight.

-"One more thing".

-The Last Guardian re-revealed.

-Crowd goes ape shit.

-Trailer ends and stays dark for 10 seconds or so.

-Music that everyone recognizes starts playing.

-It's the opening cinematic for FFVII using their current engine technology.

-Trailer ends with "Re-live the fantasy only on PS4.

-Paramedics begin rushing around frantically helping those that just had a heart attack.

-Shawn Layden appears from the darkness with sunglasses on and drops a mic on stage and walks off with the FFVII fanfare music playing.

-GAF servers burst into flames and the site is down for 5 days.

E3.

Looking back at Miruhoggu's 19 other posts, he seems to know things...

Looks like he had info about Terra Battle before it came around. That post was from about a week before the game was announced.

See just when im out they pull me back in. I mean if they started production a few weeks ago, it would make sense.

Surely, Squeenix knew how much that bullshit FF7 port announcement hurt them and this is the only way to repay us.

right?!?

lol

Sony conference tonight.

-"One more thing".

-Crowd goes ape shit.

-Paramedics begin rushing around frantically helping those that just had a heart attack.

-Shawn Layden appears from the darkness with sunglasses on and drops a mic on stage and walks off with the FFVII fanfare music playing.

E3.

You forgot Shenmue 3

Sony conference tonight.

-"One more thing".

-Crowd goes ape shit.

E3.

Just once I wish e3 would be exactly this.

Razgreez

Rumours like these (if false) are just plain... mean. There's no other way for me to articulate how they appear (to me). Just mean mean... mean.

OK, lets just think about this. Let us say Mirohoggu is right. Entered production in 2015, released in 2017. So two years of development. Compare that to the (assuming 2016 release) 4 years spent on 15 after the real PS4 production began. Even assuming they simply take Luminous Engine (which is seriously debatable), what can they really build in 2 years? That would be one of the shortest production times for a modern Final Fantasy. If they're doing it, it is a tepid commitment at best. Improved art assets, identical battle system and world map/area separation design. Is this even what people want anymore?

chrono01

Sony conference tonight.

-"One more thing".

-Crowd goes ape shit.

E3.
Reaction of audience:

OyWmSc1.gif

OK, lets just think about this. Let us say Mirohoggu is right. Entered production in 2015, released in 2017. So two years of development. Compare that to the (assuming 2016 release) 4 years spent on 15 after the real PS4 production began. Even assuming they simply take Luminous Engine (which is seriously debatable), what can they really build in 2 years? That would be one of the shortest production times for a modern Final Fantasy. If they're doing it, it is a tepid commitment at best. Improved art assets, identical battle system and world map/area separation design. Is this even what people want anymore?

There's no one FFVII that people want. But this is what I want, actually.

Xpliskin

Sony conference tonight.

-"One more thing".

-Crowd goes ape shit.

E3.

You forgot Shenmue 3

Then a fucking bandicoot jumps over suzuki's head

Into Gabe Newell's arms as he holds up three fingers and announced the Orange Box Cubed, featuring Half-Life 3, Portal 3, and Left 4 Dead 3

10/10

Seriously though, someone should verify the panda.

zulux21

to be fair you can't just throw a world and story together, that takes a decent amount of time of the FF games in general.

You also have advent children and other various assets that you reuse. just starting it a few months ago would for sure cut it close for a 2017 release, but if you hired enough extra people I would imagine it would be doable (with a tight schedule) given you don't have to write a story or design a world from scratch, merely update them.

it would likely require a number of post launch patches to fix bugs though :p

If it is true, that is definitely not what I'd want. Overhaul everything, new battle system, new map/area design (no world map) otherwise I wouldn't even bother with it.

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.
Nope, nope, nope. I refuse to believe it. Hell, I completely reject the very possibility such a thing could happen.

LowParry

to be fair you can't just throw a world and story together, that takes a decent amount of time of the FF games in general.

You also have advent children and other various assets that you reuse. just starting it a few months ago would for sure cut it close for a 2017 release, but if you hired enough extra people I would imagine it would be doable (with a tight schedule) given you don't have to write a story or design a world from scratch, merely update them.

it would likely require a number of post launch patches to fix bugs though :p

Alright. With what resources though? They can't be feeding off of FFXIV. They still have to get XV out.

fedexpeon

Banned
Looking back at Miruhoggu's 19 other posts, he seems to know things...

Looks like he had info about Terra Battle before it came around. That post was from about a week before the game was announced.

Fuck, so there might be a chance he is telling the truth...Maybe I am going to call in sick for work.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I would actually believe it if not for the fact that it's being rumored that Morpheus will get nearly half or at least 1/3 of Sony's conference. Otherwise a 2:30 hr show could do it - which they would of planned for earlier in the day, say 8:30pm - not 9:00pm ET.

Nerokis

A part of me hopes it's true because sometimes a dose of complete insanity is nice. But then a part of me hopes its not true because there's so many reasons it's objectively a bad idea, and after so many years of refusing to go in this direction, the timing couldn't be more indicative of a company more lost than inspired.

zulux21

Alright. With what resources though? They can't be feeding off of FFXIV. They still have to get XV out.

what if we assume the reason it's only for the ps4 is because sony is footing some of the bill and allocating resources to help make it?

The Ps4 isn't doing the numbers sony wants in Japan and if there is a list of games to moneyhat to bring that market to life (that will also sell well worldwide) a FF7 remake would have to be near the top of that list.

edit: of course all hypothetical here as it likely doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom