• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Sources: NX info tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking partial reveal tomorrow (name, concept, maybe images of the hardware), and an announcement of the full hardware/software reveal for next week or the week after. Would make very little sense to just drop an hour-long Direct with zero advance notice.

But at this point, I'd be more than happy with just a reveal date, because the lack of one has been the most frustrating thing about the past six months.

For rea. Just be happy for NX new in general. Be happy in the moment

Kouriozan

2vqKv6x.jpg

RAWi

so tomorrow we'll have 20x the number of threads of "what if NX..." threads, right?

C'mon tomorrow! Why you not today?!?!

AmyS

Last time I'm going to post this.

[reserved space for NX reveal]

Past Nintendo console reveals:

Wii U

In April 2011 Nintendo said they would show the Wii successor at E3. Nintendo did not officially announce Project Cafe, the project name was leaked along with info about the controller having a built-in screen and streaming.

Wii U revealed June 2011 at E3.

sa77ynz.jpg

More info and Wii U games at E3 2012. Wii U released November 2012 in NA.

Wii

Iwata mentions Revolution at E3 2004. At GDC 2005 Iwata announces Revolution will be backwards compatible with GameCube and the codenames of the CPU (Broadway) and graphics processor (Hollywood). Iwata shows Revolution console case at E3 2005.

L3n37rx.jpg

Motion Controller revealed at (or during the time of) TGS 2005.

naL6f55.jpg

Wii fully revealed and demoed at E3 2006. Wii released November 2006 in NA

GameCube

Project Dolphin announced May 1999 at E3 with Nintendo partnering with IBM for the CPU, ArtX (later bought by ATi) for the GPU, and Panasonic for DVD (mini DVD) storage media

ugZFeN1.jpg

GameCube revealed August 2000 at Space World show.

vfBNxEl.jpg
6RFUZd8.jpg
gH2QKEH.jpg

GameCube games shown at E3 2001. GameCube released September 2001 (Japan), November 2001 (NA)

Nintendo 64

Project Reality announced with Silicon Graphics partnership in August 1993.

Nintendo 64, revealed with Mario 64 November 1995 at Shoshinkai show.

5BUHLo6.jpg
lzzXfhX.jpg
zqTIFe8.jpg
zqTIFe8.jpg

Nintendo 64 released June 1996 in Japan. September 1996 in NA.

Howard Lincoln, Peter Main and also Tom Jermoluk, President of Silicon Graphics, E3 1996

DQxTHA3.jpg

K8NMOK0.jpg

Super NES

Super Famicom was revealed to the press in Japan in November 1988. Super Famicom released November 1990 in Japan. SNES released August 1991 in the U.S.

A couple pictures of the 1988 Super Fami reveal

TKpsVfl.jpg
Eg9Yceo.jpg

Would prefer the first thing they show be Smash just because they need to expand the "Nintendo cinematic universe" alongside the NX and because also I like smash

Banned
I'm thinking partial reveal tomorrow (name, concept, maybe images of the hardware), and an announcement of the full hardware/software reveal for next week or the week after. Would make very little sense to just drop an hour-long Direct with zero advance notice.

But at this point, I'd be more than happy with just a reveal date, because the lack of one has been the most frustrating thing about the past six months.
You stole my opinion.

Molemitts, if you're reading this, your Krabby Patty joke in the last thread brought up some very, very strong, negative feelings about that episode. I'm triggered.

:p

Aldric

shockinglaberto says yes, zelda it seems, or mario according to emily

lt's going to be Zelda, there won't be any significant differences with the Wii U version and so we won't be able to get a clear idea about the graphical capacities of the system.

Sterok

So by the end of the week we'll either know something, or we'll be able to purge the list of people to pay attention to for NX news. Both possibilities are equally good.

Amir0x

Banned
If the rumours about the NX is true, should be interesting how Nintendo frames its appeal to the market. Probably will be a good system with good games as always, but man the rumoured concept is a spectacular misreading of the market as it stands. I'm hoping all the rumours are simply wrong.

Hydrus

I know were not supposed to post this, but this has to be an exception, because it might actually be happening!

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
"I'm on the Hype-train!
Bottoms up
I'm on the Hype-train!
Fill my cup
I'm on the Hype-train!
Ready to crash and burn...
I never learn...
I'm on the Hype-train!
I love that stuff!
I'm on the Hype-train!
I can never get enough!