• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serkan Toto: Super Mario Run developed by DeNA, NX may not be revealed this week

javadoze

What exactly is Nintendo doing if not their own mobile games?

Are the literally just stockpiling NX software?

Wouldn't be surprised. They've been known to sit on games to release them at certain times (e.g. Majora's Mask 3D, Paper Mario Color Splash).

Persona7

Banned
Is Emily trying to get some credibility back by hoping that she get it right this time? Is that why she is so keen?

I think even her sources are possibly given wrong info from Nintendo.

She lacks credibility? Do you have list of the times she had been wrong compared to the times she has been correct?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Wait, I thought Super Mario Run was being developed in-house?

Say the director, art team, lead programmer, sound team came from Nintendo. And then the other programmers came all from DeNA. We don't know the ratio to say anything. Although Nintendo insisted they would do all the game aspect development, while DeNA handled the server/mynintendo back end.

Miitomo was definitely programmed in-house at least along the other aspects of development.

killroy87

She lacks credibility? Do you have list of the times she had been wrong compared to the times she has been correct?

Sorry, I have to plead ignorance here, did Emily say anything recently that I missed? I thought we haven't heard from her in like over a month. Did she give up any more rumors?

Alec

The Mother 3 bit has never been proven wrong, nor was she the only one to say it was being worked on.

Well they were saying it would be released on Wii U for the Japanese 10-year anniversary. So that, at the very least, didn't happen.

Everything else says "this year"...back in February.

I'm losing hope, but at the same time I will never lose all hope.

Nairume

Banned
Well they were saying it would be released on Wii U for the Japanese 10-year anniversary. So that, at the very least, didn't happen.

From what I can tell, it coming out on the anniversary was from Eurogamer hearing that it was. Emily Rogers just said "2016" with a wink, while Liam Robertson gave additional context that a source told them it was nearing the end of the localization process.

Ridley327

2016 isn't over yet. It's not like Nintendo has been particularly good about celebrating anniversaries on the dot outside of Mario, either.

Alec

2016 isn't over yet. It's not like Nintendo has been particularly good about celebrating anniversaries on the dot outside of Mario, either.

That's a good point.

Honestly I think I'd prefer they wait to release it for NX launch anyway. I can't help but feel like it would be sent to die on Wii VC.

Top Bottom