• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serkan Toto: Super Mario Run developed by DeNA, NX may not be revealed this week

Ridley327

Oh, the OP updated to mention that DeNA is basically on grunt duties for Super Mario Run. It's still being designed and directed by Nintendo.

The flip flop on what? What's this week?

ER (and others) have said there will be "NX news" this week. That doesn't mean a reveal is coming this week. It's far more likely a reveal date announcement is though.

it's more the "don't expect it, but might be wrong who knows!" bit.

That said I'm glad we clarified on the Mario Run bit.

BD1

Banned
There is absolutely zero percent chance or less that Nintendo isn't painstakingly involved with the development of Super Mario Run. DeNA may be doing the heavy lifting, but this will be Nintendo's game.

Menitta

I'm this close to having an Ace Attorney-esque breakdown.

Also no longer interested in Super Mario Run.

Edit: ...even so.

it's more the "don't expect it, but might be wrong who knows!" bit.

That said I'm glad we clarified on the Mario Run bit.

Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah, it can be frustrating but sometimes sources don't have the most concrete information. Maybe whatever announcement is coming first is still in flux and hasn't been nailed down. It's hard to say at this point, but it's understandable to say he isn't sure about some rumors.

Smellycat

This is getting ridiculous. "Next is going to be revealed this week" "No, it is next week"

I am just going to assume that it will either be delayed or the reveal date will be announced during the investors meeting

I dunno about you guys, but I'm not getting an NX unless it is wattled out of the purest Deku Shrub wood by Miyamoto himself. To even conceive anything else is sacrilege. Probably why they are taking so long to announce this bloody thing!

Boney

Banned
Last year I was thinking it would be released back around this time and we still haven't seen anything about it. But better later and better instead of more NintendoLand Fireworks or a concept trailer.

udivision

Can we please get an NX filter for thread titles, like we have for PSA?

I suggest "Geeze Louise:" or "Let's pretend:"

Last year I was thinking it would be released back around this time and we still haven't seen anything about it. But better later and better instead of more NintendoLand Fireworks or a concept trailer.

"A badder game is badder forever but a better game better be there when I bet my better business blouse that it will be."
~Shining Miyamotto

Datschge

Bet Nintendo initially thought they could get by with their knowledge about creating webapps, only to realize with Miitomo that performance won't be optimal on most systems. Lacking the necessary development knowledge to do native iOS/Android development DeNA gets to play a bigger role for now (while Nintendo tries to hire in that area).

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
What I expect, an NX Direct announcement this week, followed by the actual Direct next week....

Pleased about DeNA. Didn't like the idea of Nintendo's teams spending too much time on mobile games instead of the NX. This potentially means that NX will have a really awesome library.

AntMurda

Programmed / co-programmed and developed are not the same thing. So the words are being used very loosely here.

Maybe Dena is programming or co-programming this one, but it doesn't mean developed if Nintendo does the art and sound alongside design for example.

oti

Banned
Revealing NX during an effin investor meeting would be INSANE and that's why it sounds plausible for Nintendo.

maxcriden

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Miyamoto said that Tezuka was in charge of the single player, and Konno was in charge of the multiplayer/network modes. At least all 3 are working on it - more the latter two names.

DeNa might be doing actual game programming on this one - instead of just backend server stuff. But besides the big names involved above, Nintendo is still likely the lead developer (graphics, sound, maps).

Lazaro

Revealing NX during an effin investor meeting would be INSANE and that's why it sounds plausible for Nintendo.

It is very plausible. Nintendo likes to surprise in unexpected ways. NX hype is at an all time high and it"s about freaking time they say something.

Regarding Super Mario Run, I hope Nintendo's shares don't drop. It seems alot of people were buying shares because they believed Nintendo was solely developing the iOS game.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Surely there's a gif to accurately represent the levels of tension and frustration that have built up inside the body of every Nintendo fan by now.

oti

Banned
Surely there's a gif to accurately represent the levels of tension and frustration that have built up inside the body of every Nintendo fan by now.

tumblr_nejn8sDtvx1qzp9weo1_1280.gif

Frodo

I'll remember fondly of all these NX rumours, and all of its non-reveals in a few years.

NintenGAF is so desperate right now.

That was legit one of my darkest memories as a Nintendo fan. Ravi drums comes close.

The day of reckoning for Rogers has arrived.

Kidding, she's cool in my book, but I know this is what a lot of NintendoGAF is thinking

Metalmarc

When will the NX be revelead?

NeXt week? The then next week comes, after the Animal Crossing Direct,at the end of that they will announce the next Direct which will be the Console Unveiling.

CrazyHorse

Is Emily trying to get some credibility back by hoping that she get it right this time? Is that why she is so keen?

I think even her sources are possibly given wrong info from Nintendo.

Top Bottom