• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[N-Conf] ZombiU for WiiU

Amir0x

Banned
You didn't play Left 4 Dead 1/2?

I dunno if I'd call those Survival Horror games... I mean, I guess technically, but not in any traditional sense.

I'd say Amnesia is the only real survival horror game we've gotten in a number of years, other than of course the Silent Hill games, but they've often been... *cough*

I dunno if I'd call those Survival Horror games... I mean, I guess technically, but not in any traditional sense.

I'd say Amnesia is the only real survival horror game we've gotten in a number of years, other than of course the Silent Hill games, but they've often been... *cough*

Dead Island felt like a survival horror game at times.

Dead Island is also an awesome game.

Hiltz

Thanks for posting the new video, marc^o^. I'll check it out now.

How is Shattered Memories, have anyone played that?

I liked Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, but haven't played the other titles.

Pros:

- Good graphics
- No loading times (except for some door sections)
- Eerie atmosphere
- Moody soundtrack (with some great vocal tracks)
- Interesting story
- Good voice acting
- Seamless psychological profile cutscenes
- Intuitive controls (cool use of IR pointer and one particuarly fun but brief use of motion control late in the game)
- different endings

Cons:

- Decent puzzle-solving
- Only one type of monster (with some changes their appearances)
- Some slightly unresponsive motion control for puzzle-solving. Could have been an issue with the game's physics system as well. Nothing game-breaking.
- Short gameplay length (5-6+ hours long)
- Extremely predictable to know when you're completely safe and when you're in danger
- Monster chase sections are fairly creepy and intense but not that fun. They can be a bit chaotic at times if you end up going the wrong way and get gangbanged by monsters. There's not that many of these sections.

Margalis

Banned
Shattered Memories is good. It's not survival horror though.

And L4D as survival horror? What? L4D is a pretty straightforward shooter, with maybe some extremely light survival elements and no real horror elements at all past the setting.

ace3skoot

I hope this games good, but can't help but feel this will be the Wii U's Red Steel...

cool enough concept, undercooked and rushed for launch

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I hope this games good, but can't help but feel this will be the Wii U's Red Steel...

cool enough concept, undercooked and rushed for launch

the main difference is that Red steel E3 2006 feedbacks were quite negative about the control scheme and the general product value of the game.
instead Zombi is receiving positive comments from the booth, about everything in the demo (graphics not outstanding but sufficiently good apart)

that's what make me feel confindet about the game

EDIT: and this:

Main diffrence with Red Steel is also Zombi U is made by one of Ubisoft best ream.

Top Bottom