• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Golf is apparently hidden in the switch Firmware.

F34R

That's only true for now because your switch would have to have not connected to the internet at all. Everyone should be able to play it on July 11th, 2018.

I have a new switch that hasn't ever been connected to the internet, never had a game in it, nor has it ever had a mem card. It's taken out of the box, set up to show the date of 7/11, and I still haven't been able to get it to work for this.

I have a new switch that hasn't ever been connected to the internet, never had a game in it, nor has it ever had a mem card. It's taken out of the box, set up to show the date of 7/11, and I still haven't been able to get it to work for this.

So this is a hoax?

F34R

It has to be perfect I guess. We have a video now, at least, that gives us what we need to do. I spend the last two hours trying lol. Nothing yet.

Fireblend

Banned

When did you buy it? Switch units purchased more recently may not be on 1.0 from factory but a later version, meaning you're locked out along with the rest of us.

When did you buy it? Switch units purchased more recently may not be on 1.0 from factory but a later version, meaning you're locked out along with the rest of us.

That shouldn't matter, as long as it hasn't been connected to the internet. How would it know the proper time?

F34R

flog is still listed in the title list since the 3.0.2 Switch firmware. It doesn't appear to be removed. It's listed as last being updated in 2.0.0. This is in the fw 3.0.2 title list.

TitleID - 01008BB00013C000
Region - ALL
Title description - "flog" NES emulator
Title versions - v450
Update versions - 2.0.0

Theoretically speaking, as long as it hasn't connected to the Internet, it should be working on 2.3.0.

Shiggy

flog is still listed in the title list since the 3.0.2 Switch firmware. It doesn't appear to be removed. It's listed as last being updated in 2.0.0. This is in the fw 3.0.2 title list.

TitleID - 01008BB00013C000
Region - ALL
Title description - "flog" NES emulator
Title versions - v450
Update versions - 2.0.0

Theoretically speaking, as long as it hasn't connected to the Internet, it should be working on 2.3.0.

The system's month and day must be July 11th, which is the date of Iwata's passing. The loaded date originates from network-time-sync'd time, regardless of whether the user has it enabled or not. When the system was never connected to the Internet and is on 1.0.0 it comes from the user-specified date instead. For newer systems, trying to load the network time if it was never set will result in an error: they won't ever be able to launch flog without a time-sync with Nintendo servers. This is loaded from the time service-cmds, with the actual time-sync being handled by NIM.
http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Flog

So if you are on a later version, you need to wait till 2018.

F34R

http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Flog

So if you are on a later version, you need to wait till 2018.

That's an unfortunate update. I'm guessing that's the reason none of the post 1.0.0 units I've tested that haven't been connected to the internet wouldn't launch the game. I can, at least, rest the issue that it might have been poor motions that was making as the cause lol.

Always a "plus" in everything I guess, as cliche as that sounds.

Top Bottom