• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ARMS Character Trailer: Helix (DNA Man)

hampig

I've had a hard time caring about this game from the start, but I have to see some of the newer screens and characters are winning me over. Pretty charming designs here.

Seik

Banned
I like him a lot!

However he has this 'Oh no, not fucking him!' feel when I'll have to face it online. Kinda like every time I have to face a Dhalsim. :lol

DrArchon

I wonder what the water element on his weapons does. Stuff like Fire, Lightning, and Ice do stuff in fights that are unique to them, so I'd assume Water would be the same.

Also, what's up with the Ice-type Dragons? They looked the same as the normal Dragon that was revealed with Minmin, but that one clearly didn't freeze people. Very weird. I wonder if he can alter the elemental properties of weapons to confuse people.

I wonder what the water element on his weapons does. Stuff like Fire, Lightning, and Ice do stuff in fights that are unique to them, so I'd assume Water would be the same.

Also, what's up with the Ice-type Dragons? They looked the same as the normal Dragon that was revealed with Minmin, but that one clearly didn't freeze people. Very weird. I wonder if he can alter the elemental properties of weapons to confuse people.

Master Mummy's head gets encased in water after getting hit in the trailer, so maybe it makes punches inaccurate for a few seconds.

Speaking of Master Mummy, it occured to me that since his profile mentions that he doesn't know where his family is his family is, one of his relatives could appear as a hidden/unlockable or DLC character.

Crom

It's a Nintendo MP focused game, so I wouldn't expect much.

really happy to see nintendo churning out some original IPs. ARMs, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Splatoon are great.

Excited to see what more they have coming.

I wouldn't say that. Splatoon had a fun 1 player story mode for example

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Master Mummy's head gets encased in water after getting hit in the trailer, so maybe it makes punches inaccurate for a few seconds.

Speaking of Master Mummy, it occured to me that since his profile mentions that he doesn't know where his family is his family is, one of his relatives could appear as a hidden/unlockable or DLC character.

Or maybe it actually covers your screen like in Mario Kart.

Regiruler

I'm glad we don't have to wait for a Nintendo Direct to get news anymore. Hopefully stuff should come out a faster pace now.
No this is different i think, it is the same type of arm but it shoots an ice beam instead of fire.

Same deal. There's the toaster and sparky as different gloves but they're basically element swaps. Same deal here probably.

Y'know, I kinda wonder if those character thumbnails were left in on purpose to hype us up? Seems like a rather obvious oversight otherwise...

If that's the case, there may very well be more fighters than just the ones we've seen.

I've had a hard time caring about this game from the start, but I have to see some of the newer screens and characters are winning me over. Pretty charming designs here.

I've seen this sentiment with so many Nintendo games over the last few years. They start with smaller reveals and just get better and better as we learn more!

psyfi

Banned
Wow, first Arms character design I don't like. I know he's supposed to look weird, but couldn't he look cool weird? He's horrendously ugly.

V-Faction

LRZwzN5.gif

This guy looks like a ton of fun.

Float like a Chromosome, Sting like Type-AB!

Doorman

Float like a Chromosome, Sting like Type-AB!
I like that every new character reveal now also comes with their own personal |OT|-level puns.

Called this guy as my possible main just based on the face snippet from the Direct "leak." Glad to see that faith vindicated, even if he's not quite how I imagined. This game's gonna be straight nuts and it's fun to see more people coming around to it.

The moveset shown in the video makes him look very versatile. But the character design is lacking. Makes it look like they ran out of ideas.

Mr. F

Banned
Does a direct rip of any of the music exist yet from press material or the site or whatever? Was hoping to listen to the main theme without the trailer sound effects

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't like the colour of his ARMS, don't think they really fit the rest of his scheme. Hopefully he has a good alt. Outside of that golden.

Top Bottom