• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXV 'Dawn' trailer releasing tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also dat dog! A definite imporvement over this lovable lug we got in XIII

Truffles.jpg

Powah of the PS4 everyone!

NOW IN DEVELOPMENT

lol
You laugh now but I sure as hell wasn't laughing when we got the first KH3 trailer in two years last June (and the second one overall) and it still ended with "NOW IN DEVELOPMENT". Hopefully after a third showing in as many years and as many different trade shows they'll finally stop announcing that at the end and instead we can get at least a year.

My guess? Late 2016 for Japan, Q1 2017 for the west.

Klossen

Banned
Out of all the things to look forward to, I think it's the OST that will steal the show, just like in every other FFXV trailer.

Maybe back in 2013 they though FFXV would have made it for 20XV

Perfect potential free marketing really!

Was it FFVIIII that had the 9/9/99 thing going for it?

So how long before this releases?

XV Days/Weeks/Months/Years.

Take your pick.

I feel like it'll either be May/June 2016 or Sep/Oct 2016.

From a japanese perspective I suppose it'd depend on when DQXI release next year? I mean having 2 of the biggest jrpgs releasing in the same year would only be good for console business in japan (you'd think) but I think they'll still want a bit of breathing room between the two. Not to avoid cannibalizing sales but...just because.

I really don't want it to be at E3 2016 but...unless it's May/June 2016 I feel like the DAWN trailer will end with "AUTUMN 2016" and then E3 2016 will be date specific. I feel like we're owed a concrete day now though.

What if it turns out that after all this time, Falk and Kagari are SE plants to kick the hornet's nest/hopes and dreams once in a while...like that SE rep on FAQs....

Bousf

I read many people yesterday saying that a game marketed at Gamescom has to be set for release before next year's Gamescom....is that true or people just made it up?

If true, XV should be out before August 2016.

Famassu

I read many people yesterday saying that a game marketed at Gamescom has to be set for release before next year's Gamescom....is that true or people just made it up?

Apparently FFXV is one contender in "Gamescom awards" this year. A publisher can't enter a game in it if they don't plan to release the game between the current Gamescom and the one next year. Following that trail of rules, logic would apply that FFXV's release is between August 2015 & August 2016. Of course delays can always happen.

KoopaTheCasual

I think people brought up the counter argument, that while it has to have a release date before Autumn 2016 to be in the running for the awards, that doesn't take into account possible delays (see Witcher 3)

edit: beaten

Boke1879

XV Days/Weeks/Months/Years.

Take your pick.

I feel like it'll either be May/June 2016 or Sep/Oct 2016.

From a japanese perspective I suppose it'd depend on when DQXI release next year? I mean having 2 of the biggest jrpgs releasing in the same year would only be good for console business in japan (you'd think) but I think they'll still want a bit of breathing room between the two. Not to avoid cannibalizing sales but...just because.

I really don't want it to be at E3 2016 but...unless it's May/June 2016 I feel like the DAWN trailer will end with "AUTUMN 2016" and then E3 2016 will be date specific. I feel like we're owed a concrete day now though.

What if it turns out that after all this time, Falk and Kagari are SE plants to kick the hornet's nest/hopes and dreams once in a while...like that SE rep on FAQs....

I meant the trailer lol

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Man I can't fucking wait, finally (probably) a story trailer after so long. Hopefully we get a release date by the end of it,

kinda excited, but think this game is 2017 over here, so yeah...

I'm gonna watch everything, gonna be so long before we get to play it still. Hope Japan at least gets it in 2016.

KoopaTheCasual

I think 2017. 2018 would just be sad. I just really don't see 2016 at all.
Well that's way more realistic then. I could see a big delay into 2017, if they miss their milestones, but with the award listings, and official pre-order going up on SE's store, I feel like they're definitely trying to push this thing out by Fall 2016.

Well that's way more realistic then. I could see a big delay into 2017, if they miss their milestones, but with the award listings, and official pre-order going up on SE's store, I feel like they're definitely trying to push this thing out by Fall 2016.

I think late next year isn't beyond reasonable. Also it wouldn't be a delay since no date has been set. :p

Hedge

With the demo's and the full attention on XV, is 2016 winter not realistic?
I thought it was about half way done a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom