• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXV 'Dawn' trailer releasing tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PulseONE

qK0BMiH.gif

SOON

March 2016 worldwide release

wait no

Can't have uncharted 4, street fighter 5, final fantasy xv and ratchet and clank within the same time period together. thats just too much

I have a high sense for these kind of things :p

Me too. I predicted Uncharted and Zelda would be delayed long before they were and I had people calling me full of shit sorta like how some of you are now. So be warned!

I do think late 2016 is possible though, just to me on the unlikely side of things. But if I'm wrong, yay?

I just hope that the game doesn't get delayed after they annonce an exact release date. I want them to be confident about the release date they'll give us.

Fbh

Cool I guess.
I'm still skeptical about the game but I still want to se more of it. From the looks of it, it might focus on more areas outside that big green field they have been focusing on.

Just like how FFVIIR won't hit the 20th anniversary on 2017
:(

If the FFXV dev time is anything to go by. I think they will be aiming for the 30th anniversary with the FFVII remake

Gbraga

We can finally say goodbye to Duscae. Very fun demo, but can't stand it anymore. Will still spend hours there in the final game, as long as I don't have to watch any more footage of it until then.

Cool I guess.
I'm still skeptical about the game but I still want to se more of it. From the looks of it, it might focus on more areas outside that big green field they have been focusing on.

If the FFXV dev time is anything to go by. I think they will be aiming for the 30th anniversary with the FFVII remake

I'm an optimist so I'll say the 25th anniversary is more reasonable :p

Cool I guess.

FFXV's dev time isn't anything to go by. Unless you mean going from when XV proper started, in which case a 2016 release would mean about 4 years dev time.

I wager FF7r will be much faster, especially if rumors of it using UE4 are true.

oimori

OK. Q4 2115. Then I won't get any irritation. My mind is now calm like the Pacifc Ocean, and I'm purely hyped for what they'll show.

It won't go that far to Q4 next year.

It will be Spring 2016..... I kept saying that since last year and soon I will know if I were right or wrong.

I don't think so, just because that means they wouldn't be able to give it a big showcase at E3.

i thought they would want to hype it up in each region before release, which is why we're seeing a big show at Gamescom. If it was released in March, the last big showcase in North America would have been all the way back in 2013.

Me too. I predicted Uncharted and Zelda would be delayed long before they were and I had people calling me full of shit sorta like how some of you are now. So be warned!

I do think late 2016 is possible though, just to me on the unlikely side of things. But if I'm wrong, yay?

The game is very very far into development and we just got a HUGE demo last spring, very unlikely the time gap between the demo and the game is longer than a year.

Look at FFXII and FFXIII, they all were months worth of time gap only between thr demo and the game itself.

We are actually giving FFXV enough time gap already for a whole year.

I don't think so, just because that means they wouldn't be able to give it a big showcase at E3
They won't delay the game just to give it a big showcase at next E3, there are enough game shows from now till next spring for a media covers.

Beside they already have big names for their next E3 show.... FFVIIR and KH3.

I don't think so, just because that means they wouldn't be able to give it a big showcase at E3

Why would that matter? E3 is a show that, despite its allure for us, doesn't really reach the vast majority of a major title's audience.

Their marketing will be huge, I'm sure. E3 doesn't matter.

Dark_castle

We can finally say goodbye to Duscae. Very fun demo, but can't stand it anymore. Will still spend hours there in the final game, as long as I don't have to watch any more footage of it until then.

In the final game, I'll just drive by, refill gas tank, say hi to Cidney and flip my middle finger at Duscae region.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think so, just because that means they wouldn't be able to give it a big showcase at E3.

i thought they would want to hype it up in each region before release, which is why we're seeing a big show at Gamescom. If it was released in March, the last big showcase in North America would have been all the way back in 2013.

They can focus on other games at E3. They have a ton of games. I hope they have a conference again next year at E3.

Not seeing Alexander, no matter how many times it loops around...just clouds unfurling like a storm. Am I being miopic? Keep in mind I've literally just got up.

Dark_castle

You know what would be nice, aside from release date/window. Seeing Noctis and others in varied and interesting fantasy outfits/ medieval armor that makes them more suited/protective for adventure than their current all black boyband leather getup where everyone looks interchangeable apart from their heads and nowhere fit to engage in battles or go on a road trip adventure.

latest

I want Noctis to dress up like Adol from Ys 7. Protective light armor, makes sense for going on an adventure and fight ferocious monsters.

If it is Alexander I'm kinda worried for XV's world. The last time he was in a Tabata game he caused a wee bit of complete devastation.

Gbraga

You know what would be nice, aside from release date/window. Seeing Noctis and others in varied and interesting fantasy outfits/ medieval armor that makes them more suited/protective for adventure than their current all black boyband leather getup where everyone looks interchangeable apart from their heads and nowhere fit to engage in battles or go on a road trip adventure.

Hell no, give me boyband FF, give me shirtless Gladio, the hell outta here with this armor nonsense.

Unless you give Gladio the equivalent to bikini armor, then we're talking.

Why would they wear armor? This isn't a medieval setting. Do yakuza/mafiosos put on samurai/knight armor during gang wars?

Voror

If I've got the time right then the trailer won't be out for me till 1am tomorrow, which kind of sucks. Oh well. Hopefully we see enough new stuff and get some sort of date.

Fbh

FFXV's dev time isn't anything to go by. Unless you mean going from when XV proper started, in which case a 2016 release would mean about 4 years dev time.

I wager FF7r will be much faster, especially if rumors of it using UE4 are true.

I'll belive it when I see a gameplay trailer.
Until then, that teaser is more a confirmation of the intention of eventually making a remake than a confirmation that they are indeed working on it.

Medieval Fantasy Armour wouldn't fit with the world of FFXV.
And even if it did, Square seems really set on making this Final Fantasy: One Direction.

Gbraga

I'll belive it when I see a gameplay trailer.
Until then, that teaser is more a confirmation of the intention of eventually making a remake than a confirmation that they are indeed working on it.

As long as it uses UE4, I still have faith in a 2017 release.

If for whatever dumb reason they go with Luminous, RIP FFVII Remake.

Dark_castle

Why would they wear armor? This isn't a medieval setting. Do yakuza/mafiosos put on samurai/knight armor during gang wars?

Because they provide physical protection?

The characters from enemy nation are smart enough to wear full plated armors.

xv_e3_2013-371.jpg

What Noctis and co. are wearing right now looks suited for hanging around in Lucis, but if they're going out there to fight and endure tough road trip adventure, what they're wearing only makes them physically vulnerable and unfitting to survive harsh environmental and weather conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom