• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXV 'Dawn' trailer releasing tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Because they provide physical protection?

The characters from enemy nation are smart enough to wear full plated armors.

xv_e3_2013-371.jpg

What Noctis and co. are wearing right now looks suited for hanging around in Lucis, but if they're going out there to fight and endure tough road trip adventure, what they're wearing only makes them physically vulnerable and unfitting to survive harsh environmental and weather conditions.

I really really really don't want that. Pretty much every FF they aren't wearing the "appropriate" clothes and i don't think they need to start doing that now.

KoopaTheCasual

xv_e3_2013-371.jpg

What Noctis and co. are wearing right now looks suited for hanging around in Lucis, but if they're going out there to fight and endure tough road trip adventure, what they're wearing only makes them physically vulnerable and unfitting to survive harsh environmental and weather conditions.
No suit of armor for the party pls. I would really like to see them wear battle clothes like Regis tho. That looks royal as fuck.

kurahador

They're from different countries, and most likely utilizing different kind of technologies and advancements.

xv_e3_2013-371.jpg

Those are very, very likely robots

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Every game thks gen has a dog companion in it now.

Call of Duty Ghosts set that precedent and paved the way for other devs.

Philippo

You know what would be nice, aside from release date/window. Seeing Noctis and others in varied and interesting fantasy outfits/ medieval armor that makes them more suited/protective for adventure than their current all black boyband leather getup where everyone looks interchangeable apart from their heads and nowhere fit to engage in battles or go on a road trip adventure.

latest

I want Noctis to dress up like Adol from Ys 7. Protective light armor, makes sense for going on an adventure and fight ferocious monsters.

xv_e3_2013-371.jpg

Noctis&Co. are protected by magic, Lucis is the only kingdom to still have a Crystal, that's why they don't need armors.
Niflheim, on the other hand, are wearing full armors because have no magical protection.

Agree on the weather though, i'd like to see them wear some coats in a snowy area.

xv_e3_2013-371.jpg

Lets take a step back and remember this character has been portrayed to initiate war. They are war driven, that is their narrative. Wearing a armored suit supports that narrative.

Noctis and his gang are royals. They are from a different nation, and probably have average everyday lives. They 'grew up behind the city walls ' their whole lives and were 'cast out into the frey' Maybe they didn't have time to get a armored suit. Armored clothing doesn't really fit their narrative if they are desperately escaping an attack from a comfortable lifestyle and have never gone out into the world.

EDIT: Lol I am dumb and didn't read your comment under the image. While I agree that their clothing isn't really suited for defense or harsh weather, maybe that is the fantastical element. It's in line with how Cloud can swing his buster sword effortlessly. It doesn't make it okay, but maybe that's what they were going for?

Caronte

xv_e3_2013-371.jpg

In theory, Noctis' combat style is based on speed.

Kazdane

Would be amazing if they announce the game will come to PC as well. If it doesn't then it'll continue my long-standing tradition of buying a console just to play Final Fantasy... (in which case, I hope they announce it's coming in 2016).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Would be amazing if they announce the game will come to PC as well. If it doesn't then it'll continue my long-standing tradition of buying a console just to play Final Fantasy... (in which case, I hope they announce it's coming in 2016).
Would be amazing just to put an end to all the port begging.

It doesn't matter you still port begged in Kagari eyes.

Have we gone far enough now that I can be annoyed with people who are constantly annoyed about port begging?

Because seriously, who cares if people mention wanting a thing on their platform?

We're in a generation now where 3 of the main platforms can easily share every title in terms of technical specs and a lack of weird gimmicks (since Kinect is basically dead). It shouldn't be surprising, or even that big of a deal, when people express the desire for a game that's on one to be on another.

If it bugs you, just scroll past it without replying.

Bousf

That's totally Duscae, probably rehearsal for one of the (MANY) Duscae panels.

Even if it is for the ATR, I'm on a state of positivity at the moment, this won't chip me down xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom