• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXV 'Dawn' trailer releasing tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I find it interesting, I want to see a totally new idea for XVI honestly.

Me too, though I personally never found Agni's Philosophy that engaging of a concept. The graphics for the demo were beautiful, but the world... I'll pass.

In Japanese Cor is driver-san from the 2011 trailer.

I always get a kick out of all the live feed streams(with comments) after the initial trailer with his old driver. Everyone always has someone(at least one, but mainly more) that start typing "Noctis Orgy!". LOL!

Athreous

Probably wrong because I'm bad

t1438754400z4.png

If wrong tell me how many hours and I'll fix it.

Tyvm! Can't wait!!!

I remember during the end of the duscae demo there was an image which showed a bunch of espers and one of them looked like Ultros. Think he's going to be in the game in some form?

artsi

Noctis vs Luna

It would support my bad Luna = Dragoon theory so yes, lol.

v4Olt5z.gif

But realistically I think they redesigned her and she's the black haired woman or someone else. No way they're keeping two females with similiar hair styles / colors in the game.

Astral Dog

im just not sure what to think with this game, less anticipated than KH3 and FFVIIR imo, hopefully this new trailer shows great scenes and the game is the beginning of a return to form for SE,

OnFire331

HYPE!

I'd like a 5+ minute trailer this time, it's the thing I'd expect the most if this is really the marketing kickoff of FFXV.

The only reason I wouldn't want Agni's Philosophy to be the foundation (i.e. art direction) for FFXVI is because I'm unrealistically hoping FFXVI uses a Yoshitaka Amano aesthetic. :}

legacyzero

Banned
Need a countdown for this trailer

Agni is nothing but lies built by a man who had a vision who quietly left SE because that vision was not realized.
Im just giving you a hard time.

What would you do if a Square exec walks out on stage at E3 2017 and announces Final Fantasy XVI starring Agni?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Need a countdown for this trailer

Im just giving you a hard time.

What would you do if a Square exec walks out on stage at E3 2017 and announces Final Fantasy XVI starring Agni?

I would be disappointed because I want XVI to be something all new we've never seen before.

im just not sure what to think with this game, less anticipated than KH3 and FFVIIR imo, hopefully this new trailer shows great scenes and the game is the beginning of a return to form for SE,

...do you mean a return to form outside of what they've been doing for the last...18 months/2 years or so? I'm thinking from ARR onwards. That, and the way Bravely Default (or so we're led to believe) influenced what projects SE thought were worth moving forward with etc. Granted they have to release XV etc first but one step at a time :p

This. I'm kinda tired of knowing what's coming. I miss the days of a mainline reveal where we had no idea what to expect.

The good old days when seeing a new FF logo was just as exciting as seeing the first screenshot.

I'll never forget my irrational excitement when Squaresoft dropped this logo:

and promised more info by the end of that week. The mystery! The speculation! Great times.

It's just been so damned long since a brand new offline/mainline FF title (complete with logo, art direction reveal, etc) was unveiled. Over 9 years.

I want it to be a return to the roots of the franchise, like FF IX. It's been long enough.

As much as that sounds quite nice (from a veteran's perspective)...another part of me feels that I want to continue to have new worlds and things. In that sense it could obviously be a medieval/steampunk fantasy themed jrpg but, unless it's a remake....eh...A more classic style FF, without being a spinoff, would be nice...but in terms of a 4 warriors type theme...Bravely Default does that fairly well and has modern/retro gameplay.

Part of me wishes they'd just do another Warriors of Light + Crystals game...but then again XV has crystals as a major plot point so...

Hedge

Nothing hypes me more than the potential of seeing Cor again. I want him to replace glasses-guy in my party. Or playable dog.
Please don't be cut like Stella. D:

Mifec

Nothing hypes me more than the potential of seeing Cor again. I want him to replace glasses-guy in my party. Or playable dog.
Please don't be cut like Stella. D:
Pretty sure he is a guest char so don't count on having him for long.

Those monitors look like they're displaying the Duscae menu....

I can understand it from a gameplay demo perspective on the showfloor but...

But what? Why would they not use the demo they've not only already released, but updated, as the main way to show the game to people?

It'd be silly to go and build another, different playable demo for this.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Is it Duscae footage again, or are we expecting something new from the trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom