• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
marketing isn't a thing of the past. But the way marketing dollars are spent is different...

For halo, there are still prime time TV ads , and theatre ads, but fewer high profile cross promotions..

I don't follow 343i or MS on Facebook, but I see ads pop up on my news feed all the time because some 'friend' of mine clicked the like button.

Huntthetruth did pretty big numbers on iTunes of I'm not mistaken

I don't use twitch often, but I do know that this weekend folks usually stream PC games were streaming Halo5 MP, with thousands of viewers.

The point is, the times have changed. So have marketing tactics...

I saw quite a few Witcher 3 commercials on TV during a college football game. I just don't watch a lot of TV. Anymore I had the feeling that marketing was based on what I searched for online, so I assumed that I got video games because of that. It's probably been in places that I haven't looked. I remember a ShenMue and Metroid Prime ad in the theaters years ago.

I don't necessarily pay attention to Waypoint because I'm not checking my stats out. I use to on Bungie.net. They'd give you the run down of the matches you played with H2. I didn't watch the TV series because it felt like it was beyond the Halo that I know.

The last time I had a beverage with a game on it that wasn't Taco Bell was Monster and Call of Duty Ghosts. I wouldn't mind seeing MC on a can, but now a days they're using Cortona as an AI for their phones and so forth. Who is to say everyone cares about that? It's cool, but unless you ask her how she got her name; no one cares.

I feel a bit better knowing I am aware of and have played the games Cortona is part of.

Cortona isn't gonna say, "Halo 5 is out today", no, because she's part of a service now.

Glass

Does 5 have terminals? Just realised after all the mission 1-3 footage I've watched and read about, I've not seen any mention of them.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It can be summarised as follows for me.

That 30 seconds of fun is back in 343's Halo.
image.php

Madness

SWEET, hoping for early unlocks for Hong Kong digital pre-orders too.

I think only the 'servers' go live for New Zealand and all the physical copies, whereas for the rest it's the staggered launch of whenever it hits midnight in the area? So if it's midnight October 26th, that means HK will go live in what, 11 hours?

Kibbles

Releasing Halo Wars and Reach backwards compatibility would be pretty great.
I'd like to see them add Reach to the MCC cause I can't stand how terrible the frame rate and ghosting is on Reach 360. Played it a few months ago and I literally couldn't keep playing >.>

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The Fall of Reach is available on the Halo Channel!! Watching Now.

Top Bottom