• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Life Is Strange game confirmed; not at E3; Life is Strange sold over 3 million

Do it anthology style! Dont want continuing adventures of max (though shes a great character) i want new location, new characters, and a new supernatural twist, like twilight zone.

WITHE1982

Great news. Although without Max as the protagonist I'm not sure where they'll be able to go story wise. I'm guessing that time altering powers won't be simply unique to Max (or they may even introduce new powers - Ooooooo).

Either way, as with the first game, I'll be there day one for every single episode.

tumblr_inline_nrg40cRr4o1sc64ks_400.gif

And then Max shows up in the second episode with a cigarette, a peg leg, and a machine gun

"I've come back from a fucked up future, and you're the only one who can make it right, Life is Stranger Protagonist"

In all honesty, I could see a nod to Max in the form of a newspaper article or blog post about a photo exhibition of hers in Seattle or something.

Daggoth

I'll be in on the day that the entire game is available.
Played through the disc version. I have no idea how you day 1 for each episode people coped D:

Reedirect

"I've come back from a fucked up future, and you're the only one who can make it right, Life is Stranger Protagonist"

In all honesty, I could see a nod to Max in the form of a newspaper article or blog post about a photo exhibition of hers in Seattle or something.

I'm betting there will be at least a reference. Dontnod loves references more than anyone, sometimes to a fault.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Wouldn't mind if they just made her a really minor side character/cameo NPC to be honest.

With convenient amnesia, of course.

Plum

In hindsight the original game had a lot going for it but was let down by some glaring flaws in its story (lip-syncing was atrocious too.) If they can clear up the second game's story with a defined plan from the start then it could really be something special.

It will be severely disappointing if the new hipster MC doesn't flex his/her hipster muscles by proclaiming their love for Final Fantasy XV: Kingsglaive.

A-V-B

Wouldn't mind if they just made her a really minor side character/cameo NPC to be honest.

With convenient amnesia, of course.

Just keep her out of it in regards to the main story. I agree best to just have her referenced in a newspaper, otherwise you open up a big can of worms.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YES! So freaking excited for this. Absolutely loved the first one. Can't wait!

Preordered the first after watching the trailer with Obstacles (still love that song) and I'm gonna be there again at Day 1!

Zomba13

Great. Hope they decide to stick with their plan of having a different protagonist. Hope the soundtrack is just as great.

Jawmuncher

Maybe the story will be good the whole time this time. Really hope they don't have to cut anything. It was real apparent that they did in the last episode where everything just fell apart.

Great news. Very excited to see what they have planned for us.

3 million sold seems really good for a niche title like this.

The phrasing, "3 million unique paying players," seems like it would include people who bought just the first episode before it was made free rather than full copies so, but it does look like it did well.

You're not going to trick me again, DONTNOD.

LiS is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played, 4/5 of it was one of the best games of all the time and the last episode totally ruined everything that came before it.

I'll wait until its fully out and its well received.

Top Bottom