• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Life Is Strange game confirmed; not at E3; Life is Strange sold over 3 million

EndMerit

Neat. I hope they mix the formula with different setting, main character and supernatural power. Imagine if the game would take place in Italy and main character's motivation was to become a gangster.

mlclmtckr

Banned
This makes me very happy!

Although like others are saying I hope it's a new story. Would feel a little bit forced to stay with Max.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Neat. I hope they mix the formula with different setting, main character and supernatural power. Imagine if the game would take place in Italy and main character's motivation was to become a gangster.

Looper_poster.jpg

(Sorta)

kromeo

Hopefully whatever they do it's with slightly older characters, and away from the college setting

azyless

Interesting. I'll wait to hear more about it, the 5th episode was one of the most disappointing experiences I've ever had in gaming.
Bae > Bay every time though

Good to hear it sold well.

tr00per

Aww snap! That's awesome! But I imagine it has to be far off unless dontnod got much bigger. They're working on vampyr right now

Selfishly want it to be a continuation...

Honestly a Season 2 where the deal with the fallout of a certain Bae ending would be pretty stellar.

ending spoilers:
I am referring of course to destroying Arcadia Bay and saving Chloe.
How many people died? How are Max and Chloe doing some time later with their choices?
Have Max's powers stabilized or gone away and will they perhaps come back?

There's a lot of potential I think in a story where you previously allowed a disaster for someone and now have to live with the consequences.

Akai__

It was pretty unfair that only one finale was fleshed out in the 1st game. Hopefully that changes in the 2nd one, if we are dealing with a bigger ending again.

Bae > Bay every time, though.

-shadow-

I thought the idea of the game was great, but the ending was seriously piss poor as was most of the dialogue. Curious to see how the sequel be, because I quite liked the game until that bomb of an ending.
At least friendzone mcgee saved the world and helped you out multiple times. Chloe was an insufferable piece of shit the ENTIRE GAME. Also, there are other people living in Arcadia Bay than just that one guy, all of which are less obnoxious than Angsty McAngst.
1Z02vuppxP1Pa.gif

Now that I think about it, can someone explain to me,
if the game makes it clear that the storm is a result of Max constantly saving Chloe's ass. Why did she have the vision of the storm before saving Chloe in the bathroom? That kind of goes against the point of why it's coming in the first place. And Max isn't aware of her powers when the game begins, so we can't say she already went back in time like she does throughout the game. So..?

DylanEno

Oh sure,
letting the lame ass friendzone busta ass live with the town over the friend who gave more fucks about you.
At least friendzone mcgee saved the world and helped you out multiple times. Chloe was an insufferable piece of shit the ENTIRE GAME. Also, there are other people living in Arcadia Bay than just that one guy, all of which are less obnoxious than Angsty McAngst.

MMarston

The only way the
save Chloe
ending would be canon is if
Max and Chloe died in a car crash immediately after. Otherwise, we'd be playing a post-apocalyptic game.

Regarding cast, given what Dontnod said already and the fact that the previous game tied everything up rather well in the proper ending
(the Chloe's gotta go ending)
, I don't think it will be the same cast.

It'd be kinda interesting to see what they'd do with a male main character, especially if they actually made him human like Max was and not instantly "oh he's a man and not a wimminz so he's suddenly an infallible power fantasy". Given the devs at work here though I doubt they'd fuck up like that.

The only way the
save Chloe
ending would be canon is if
Max and Chloe died in a car crash immediately after. Otherwise, we'd be playing a post-apocalyptic game.

The tornado came to balance out Max's powers. It may have only destroyed just the town and then her powers left. Or perhaps she still has them, but as long as she doesn't use them disasters will not occur. Wouldn't that be great drama :D

MMarston

The tornado came to balance out Max's powers. It may have only destroyed just the town and then her powers left. Or perhaps she still has them, but as long as she doesn't use them disasters will not occur. Wouldn't that be great drama :D

I think if you've got it confused.

Last time I checked, all the awful shit happening was because the world needed to kill Chloe because Max keeps saving her due to her powers.

Mrbob

I'm sure most bought this game for 5 or 10 bucks on sale like I did but I'm glad it made enough money to get another made. I really enjoyed the game and will get the new one in day one.

I had a few problems with the first season but I still enjoyed it immensely, as long as they maintain the atmosphere and personality I'd love another season.

Great title. I'm glad it was a success!

And I'm also glad that a game featuring two women in the center was successful enough for a sequel! Hopefully it'll help to dispel the bullshit that female character-centric games dont sell.

DavidDesu

Awesome game. Hopefully on Switch, would buy there over PS4 for the obvious reason.

Absolutely loved this game, gave me the chills on a few occasions, cautiously optimistic they can capture the same lightning in a bottle twice with the sequel. Hope it's the same characters but a new roster would be equally cool too. Great time to be a gamer!

mlclmtckr

Banned

God no. I want a similar tone to the first game. The one thing this series doesn't need is extra dudebro appeal.

Jazzem

Great title. I'm glad it was a success!

And I'm also glad that a game featuring two women in the center was successful enough for a sequel! Hopefully it'll help to dispel the bullshit that female character-centric games dont sell.

The game's success is such a feel good story knowing this was a deterring factor from most publishers picking it up, good on Square-Enix for seeing the potential in it :)

MadeULook

I'm certainly not against more Life is Strange but I hope the writing is better this time around. The actual story isn't that bad, but the awkward dialog and terrible storytelling really dragged down what could have been a great coming of age story. Don't even get me started on the ending of episode four and the entirety of five. I really enjoyed everything else about the game though and awkward dialog aside, I really enjoyed all of the characters and ended up caring for a majority of them. So I'll be looking forward to this.

I literally started laughing when it turned out Jefferson was the killer. I thought it was such a dumb and pointless twist.

I also didn't find Chloe as insufferable as most for a majority of the game but she crossed the line with me with her treatment of David. She didn't even give the poor guy a chance to understand and him and reach a common ground. I took his side when the argued.

Top Bottom