• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NieR Automata Info. Characters, Footage, etc.

Shin-chan

After an incredibly tepid start, this and NiOh are showing how action games should be made this gen. Great looking stuff, and Yoshida is the best

Lime

What engine are they using for the game?

Nier's entire asthetic is based on pale colors. Yonah, Nier, Kaine...literally everyone in the main cast was an albino with light hair...papola and devola were the only ones who had different hair colors.

As for the plot related reason...i guess that's just how they make them

Thanks

Dio

Banned

Thanks

I'm almost completely sure it's UE4 based on the particle effects.

Drakengard 3 was in UE3, but that was Access Games and they're probably no longer going to be making titles with Taro.

Super hyped for this game, I want a 2B figure for the collectors edition but please let it also be available on Amazon and not just Square Enix store exclusive >_>.

Faustek

Ooh great! Looks good and thanks a bunch Raven.

Off topic: I hope 8-4 does it. Have you noticed how the flow of dialogue in DD flows? How the unnatural silence that usually occurs in all localisations isn't really there but when present it makes sense. As how the characters are actually taking a second to gather themselves before responding?
As for changing Zero to an angry ass instead of an apathetic ass? Big whoop.
Also, Mikhail is way better in English and that isn't something I say often in localisations only one I can remember now is Fran from FFXII but FFXII was awesome through an through...I want HD remaster SE :3
So yeah, barring to many memes, I'm hoping for 8-4 localisation.

Super hyped for this game, I want a 2B figure for the collectors edition but please let it also be available on Amazon and not just Square Enix store exclusive >_>.

Itll probably be SE exclusive :( I hope the CE doesnt have a figure so itll be a normal play arts release that can be ordered from stores that don't annoy me and you.

Dio

Banned
Ooh great! Looks good and thanks a bunch Raven.

Off topic: I hope 8-4 does it. Have you noticed how the flow of dialogue in DD flows? How the unnatural silence that usually occurs in all localisations isn't really there but when present it makes sense. As how the characters are actually taking a second to gather themselves before responding?
As for changing Zero to an angry ass instead of an apathetic ass? Big whoop.
Also, Mikhail is way better in English and that isn't something I say often in localisations only one I can remember now is Fran from FFXII but FFXII was awesome through an through...I want HD remaster SE :3
So yeah, barring to many memes, I'm hoping for 8-4 localisation.

It's kind of a big deal since it's the main character and the story is incredibly important in a Taro game.

That being said, I do agree with you, despite all my criticisms on the last page. 8-4 did a great job despite the misstep.

raven777

InsignificantBiodegradableDeer.gif

ZoronMaro

Exactly what I expected, which means it looks amazing.

The amount of clipping in 2B's walk cycle is bugging me, though it's probably there to maintain the feel of a janky Yoko Taro game :p

Itll probably be SE exclusive :( I hope the CE doesnt have a figure so itll be a normal play arts release that can be ordered from stores that don't annoy me and you.

You're right, I would prefer that and that way I don't have to pay over $30 for shipping like with Drakengard 3 CE. I still can't believe that NieR: Automata exists and that it looks this good :D

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Nier 1 was in UE3.

Nah, Drakengard3 was UE3. Nier I'm pretty sure used whatever proprietary engine Cavia had built for themselves. One of the main reasons I doubt it was Unreal was that NIer was one of a rare number of titles that ran almost identically on PS3 and 360, whereas almost without fail MS machine got a sizeable advantage from that engine.

Its also worth noting that Nier took a long, long time to make. It started life as an early Xbox exclusive before being shifted to both systems for its release in 2010.

Dio

Banned
Nah, Drakengard3 was UE3. Nier I'm pretty sure used whatever proprietary engine Cavia had built for themselves. One of the main reasons I doubt it was Unreal was that NIer was one of a rare number of titles that ran almost identically on PS3 and 360, whereas almost without fail MS machine got a sizeable advantage from that engine.

Its also worth noting that Nier took a long, long time to make. It started life as an early Xbox exclusive before being shifted to both systems for its release in 2010.

Interesting. I always felt like Nier had the look of a UE3 title. If that's the case I'll amend my post.

Not that I don't enjoy the Activision games, but God it's good to see a big budget Platinum game again. Those animations are beautiful, and 2B looks like so much fun to play as. All that zooming around the battlefield reminds me of Zone of the Enders 2 on foot.

I only played the first game last year after the Automata announcement at E3, and I'm so happy Platinum's doing the gameplay this time around. Nier is one of the most frustrating, unenjoyable games I've ever played, but the world and the story were compelling enough that I forced myself through it. Teaming the people who created that world and story up with a developer that actually knows how to make video games (my absolute favourite developer, no less) is a dream come true. This is an easy day one for me. Hope it's still on for 2016.

Faustek

It's kind of a big deal since it's the main character and the story is incredibly important in a Taro game.

That being said, I do agree with you, despite all my criticisms on the last page. 8-4 did a great job despite the misstep.

And I'm saying it didn't matter :)
There's also so much more to localisations than that. The flow of dialogue is more important, to me here, than how the VA portrayed Zero. As I don't find that the difference is that big. The apathy can clearly be seen in the English a well how Zero nearly feels to tired and often to pissed because she has to care.

But we're basically markings words to no avail since it looks like we both liked it so instead we should send threats of hugs and big kisses to the whoever it is that'll localise this entry.

sono

Of all the major announcement's in the last 12 months this game has most interest for me.

Not feeling the first pic in the op though.

jett

D-Member
This is really looking like MGR2, some of the attacks are straight out of Rising.

I wish they had showed more stuff besides just a combat demo. Combat looks good, but that was a given. Thanks for the footage Raven777.

benzy

I'm pretty sure Taro's comment on releasing close to FFXV was a joke. I think this will end up pushed to 2017.

Hopefully this won't derail the thread, but what's the likelihood of this turning up on the NX? Is Sony footing the bill at all?

Port begging always derails a thread. But to answer your question SE has not ruled out the possibility of going to other platforms so I assume Sony isn't paying...yet.

Eolz

Thanks

Drakengard 3 was in UE3, but that was Access Games and they're probably no longer going to be making titles with Taro.

Some particles look similar indeed, but I'm sure it's another custom engine for Platinum.

Hopefully this won't derail the thread, but what's the likelihood of this turning up on the NX? Is Sony footing the bill at all?

There's a possibility, albeit small. Last news were S-E saying it was an exclusive for now but there's nothing against a port on NX/PC/X1 (wouldn't make sense on the latter though) later.
So temporary exclusive at worst, and nobody can announce anything for NX now anyway.

I'm pretty sure Taro's comment on releasing close to FFXV was a joke. I think this will end up pushed to 2017.

You think Yoko Taro wouldnt release the game on September 30 just for the lulz? You underestimate this man.

I would be shocked if it releases within 30 days of XV

Phyla

Meh.

What made Nier stand out were its mature main character, the intimate story line and pacifying soundtrack.

I'm not feeling the choice for a scantily-clad android as protagonist in a sci-fi setting at all. But hey, at least it got some smooth combat going for it.

Top Bottom