• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition for Europe

I didn't either.

The cynic in me thinks I'm blacklisted due to a conflict I had with Nintendo UK.

The more likely reason is that their allocation is completely random, and I'm just unlucky.

It sucks.

Yeah, agreed, I don't think it's because of beef with Nintendo UK. I have never even contacted Nintendo of Germany...and here I am with my 26 registered WiiU games and like 40+ retail 3DS games lol.

Oh well. It really does suck :/

Hmm so official release will be This month of February then?

That means we might be hearing about MH4U as well very soon.

There goes all my early 2015 gaming dollars

Shadders

Wondering, those that got this ambassador mail, did you also get the Smash codes and Tomodachi Life codes?

I got all of them and from this thread it sounds like those who didn't get demo codes for those two games are now also not getting the New 3DS promotion.

I don't remember getting the Tomodachi Life code. I did get the Smash one though, and also got the mail today about the new 3DS.

I figured I would have been eligible, got a 3DS at launch and an XL too. Then I went to my account and saw that I wasn't subscribed to a Nintendo newsletter. I ticked the box now but would it be too late at this stage?

Lagamorph

Wait, this isn't even the XL version either?

Well double fuck that. No way I can go back to a regular sized 3DS after the godliness of an XL.

The server is getting bombarded right now.
Better wait till tomorrow.

Belgium here, can't login either. I already poked Nintendo of Belgium PR with the issue so I hope they'll let NoE HQ know. A friend of mine (in Belgium) did manage to login however, so no idea what's going on.

I dunno about the server being hammered. Seems like another problem. If I give another password ( on purpose ) the link responds. If I give the right password....ain't nothing happening.

Aiii

So not worth it
Been trying to order this for two hours, but the German bank they use for their payment transactions (Commerzbank) seems to hate me.

I either get:
-A generic error message that tells me to try again and if error persists to contact Nintendo.
-A error that my card is not accepted.
-Forwards me to my bank for the SecureCode process, but upon returning tells me the 3D SecureCode is not accepted (after much loading)
-Sends me to a German bank for Visa verification data (it's a MasterCard).

Technical service of Nintendo said they haven't heard of these issues yet and asked me to mail them, which I did.

What an absolute cluster...

I have never been sent Nintendo e-mails ever. I've been part of Club Nintendo for over 10 years. Recently when they sent out Smash 3DS demo codes I had gone through all the options to make sure I am signed up for a newsletter but since then still nothing has come in. Sigh.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
but...is it possible to link a new3ds to my account, or I will be forced to pass all the data from my OG 3ds to the new one?

I have never been sent Nintendo e-mails ever. I've been part of Club Nintendo for over 10 years. Recently when they sent out Smash 3DS demo codes I had gone through all the options to make sure I am signed up for a newsletter but since then still nothing has come in. Sigh.

Maybe they consider us GameCube veterans the ones so far up Nintendo's ass they don't have to throw us a bone and we'll get everything day one anyway.

/tinfoilhat
Haha, of course not, we are just unlucky :(

Khrno

Got the email, but I won't buy it for two reasons:

- It's not the XL.
- It is white.

Before someone says cover plates, the inside will still be white, so that's a huge no for me.

I'll just wait to see if there are any other "exclusive" games for it, because I'm not getting this just for 1 game, and if there are more games I like, then I'll get the US version.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Looks super nice and tempting, but I'm all about that size!

Hasney

Been trying to order this for two hours, but the German bank they use for their payment transactions (Commerzbank) seems to hate me.

I either get:
-A generic error message that tells me to try again and if error persists to contact Nintendo.
-A error that my card is not accepted.
-Forwards me to my bank for the SecureCode process, but upon returning tells me the 3D SecureCode is not accepted (after much loading)
-Sends me to a German bank for Visa verification data (it's a MasterCard).

Technical service of Nintendo said they haven't heard of these issues yet and asked me to mail them, which I did.

What an absolute cluster...

From posts earlier in the thread, the Dutch site is having the biggest problems, especially at checkout. You guys must be all over this.

gerudoman

I won a 3DS Toad Edition back in the day so I guess I shouldn't complain, but got no Tomodachi and Smash demos nor this email :(

LAA

Damn, maybe I'll get an email as I am 3ds ambassador, but also sorta hope I don't ha ha, because I only really want a new 3ds XL, but I'll have to buy this of its special!!

Aiii

So not worth it
From posts earlier in the thread, the Dutch site is having the biggest problems, especially at checkout. You guys must be all over this.

Thing is all over the place, it's forwarded me to the Spanish IGN bank website for verification now. So weird.

mktrOOp

Banned
I won a 3DS Toad Edition back in the day so I guess I shouldn't complain, but got no Tomodachi and Smash demos nor this email :(

Replace "Toad" with "Peach" and you have my story.

I want a n3DS XL anyway but I'm a little bit sad right now, lol.

Phazon

Belgium here. Friend of mine managed to login on my account and order one for me. however, payment with cc went wrong, but the order still stands. No idea how they'll fix this ...

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The XL is too big. Regular sized >>> XL

Don't hurt me.

delaneya

Got the email. UK here. Never got any emails about the demos. Paid vir paypal. Cant wait. Also decided to pay for shipping as I wont risk Yodal.

Heartfyre

The XL is too big. Regular sized >>> XL

Don't hurt me.

I'd agree with you, but only if you're using it as a portable device. Like...actually gaming on the move. Which I never do. So the XL is the better option for that reason.

Got the email. UK here. Never got any emails about the demos. Paid vir paypal. Cant wait. Also decided to pay for shipping as I wont risk Yodal.

I chose the free shipping because I was in a rush at work and I immediately regretted not paying for DPD. Fingers crossed they don't mess it up.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Brian★;146182937 said:
You have to transfer, not allowed to link to an account that is already registered to one 3DS.

so my old 3ds will be useless, right? so I will have to buy a charger and a bigger micro sd card to have all my stuff...right?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'd agree with you, but only if you're using it as a portable device. Like...actually gaming on the move. Which I never do. So the XL is the better option for that reason.
I have both and I constantly switch between both lol. Hoping the new 3ds is the perfect size due to the slightly larger screens and body.

thechemist

I hope the black n3ds is out at release, but I doubt it.

Being a Ambassador didn't automatically qualify you for this, this explains why I didnt get a email.

Eurogamer said:
Nintendo has told Eurogamer that it is unable to disclose the method of how it picked Club Nintendo members for eligibility.

Being a 3DS Ambassador does not guarantee availability of a New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador edition - instead, certain other criteria were used to determine who was sent an invitation to purchase.

"The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador offer is by email invitation only for selected Club Nintendo members in Europe only who fulfil a certain criteria," a company spokesperson told us.

"We are unable to disclose such business information, however we would like to reassure you that we are continually looking at different promotional offerings we can bring to consumers at various times throughout the year.

"The terms and conditions for such promotional activities are individual to each promotion,but we will endeavour to bring you more promotional activities in the future, which we hope you will be able to take advantage of."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-06-new-nintendo-3ds-ambassador-edition-goes-on-sale

LAA

Oh, seems being an ambassador in the past isnt the requirement to getting the email...
Well both relieved a sorta angry/confused weirdly, ha ha. Bought pretty much every big Nintendo game last year and season passes for a few things.

Well its at least a relief I won't be pressured into buying a normal new 3DS, I don't really want to go back to a screen that small after using the XL.

Heartfyre

At this point I'm pretty sure that there are no requirements and they just send emails randomly.

I'm not so sure. For whatever reason, I get every promotion NoE does, and I assume it's related to Club Nintendo. Whether it's registering games (even certain games), or doing surveys, or redeeming stuff from the Star Catalogue, I can see that Nintendo could make a list. There's no way that I could get all the promotions if it's by chance. Trust me: I'm not that lucky.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I got the mail. But I don't normally like white so I'm a bit conflicted really.
Its £179.99 for UK folks.

kubus

At first I thought they'd just throw in all the different items in their original packaging into a cardboard box, add the Ambassador cover plates separately, and ship it like that, but after reading the description again it sounds like it might come into one big special bundle, most likely with special packaging and all?

Here’s what’s in the special bundle:

New Nintendo 3DS (White) which comes with an exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Back), New Nintendo 3DS stylus, 4 GB microSDHC memory card, AR Cards, Quick-Start Guide, Operations Manual.
The exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Front).
Super Smash Bros. Cover Plates (Front and Back).
Charging cradle (White).
Kinda weird how the wording mentions the back and front Ambassador covers separately. Like, the system comes preinstalled with the ambassador back plate + the normal blank front cover, and the "任天堂" ambassador front plate is thrown in separately.

Might be overthinking this, but if this really comes in a special commemorative box, it would have a much higher resell value. (hope scalpers aren't reading this)

glaurung

Wow. I would really like to have that model.

But as far as Nintendo Club is concerned, I am nobody and I live in a country that does not exist to Nintendo.

Suzzopher

I bought every revision of GBA, DS and 3DS at launch and registered each one, yet no email for me. Not to mention the £800 spent in the eshop :(

Aiii

So not worth it
Seems like the system is being hammered so hard that is redirecting to someone else's accounts. Pretty big if true:

https://twitter.com/TiLMEN

Not really that big, you just go to their bank's verification page which you can't progress on since you don't have any of their data, you won't even get to see the full credit card number, let alone any other data like expiration date or verification code.

Putosaure

Lol I went through the credit card process thing, but the 3D secure thing was not for my mobile phone number.
BUT I received a code by text. Unfortunately I already had left the page. :D

EDIT : now I get a 3D secure code but on the website it keeps telling me there's an error. It's a clusterfuck.

If this is being offered to Europe already an actual release can't be too far off, can it?

I am honestly hoping for early February in both NA and Europe.

I bought every revision of GBA, DS and 3DS at launch and registered each one, yet no email for me. Not to mention the £800 spent in the eshop :(

Obviously you're not ambassador enough.

Top Bottom