• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews for Dark Souls II

feel

No idea, but it looks like he's the sort of guy who'd
freak out if you looted the corpse next to him. Doesn't seem to be an NPC since he's not attacking after respawn. Probably just waiting for the trap to be triggered.
(not real spoilers, just guessing based on the video but not everybody will watch it)
Yeah it's probably something like that, that makes sense.

Cast speed is affected by attunement now.
Agility raises the drink speed of the estus flask, the speed of your your block (shield raise). I read the same about the i-frames of the dodge and/or the recovery, but I'm not sure.
It's unknown if it increases run speed. I don't think so personally.

from the early september beta:
darksouls2stats.jpg
I hope this menu is vastly improved, I hated it in the beta. At the very least pressing HELP on top of something should show me the name and explanation for whatever I've got selected, and not take me to the top of the list.

spliced

I'm so glad they're putting in something to combat backstabs. It's so frequently used I didn't have much hope that it would be changed at all for DS2. I can't wait to glue a shield to my back.

JustinBB7

Yeah it's probably something like that, that makes sense.

I hope this menu is vastly improved, I hated it in the beta. At the very least pressing HELP on top of something should show me the name and explanation for whatever I've got selected, and not take me to the top of the list.

So you basically have to upgrade 5 things now instead of 3.

In Dark Souls 1 I just went for Vitality/Endurance/Strength, in 2 I would have to do the same plus Vigor and Agility. Time to grind looks like! Will just help out other players a bit I suppose.

Shengar

Cast speed is affected by attunement now.
Agility raises the drink speed of the estus flask, the speed of your your block (shield raise). I read the same about the i-frames of the dodge and/or the recovery, but I'm not sure.
It's unknown if it increases run speed. I don't think so personally.

from the early september beta:
darksouls2stats.jpg

So many stats. I guess the bar for PvP will be significantly raised by this (probably around level 120~ or so)

Steez

So many stats. I guess the bar for PvP will be significantly raised by this (probably around level 120~ or so)

The final stats won't look likes this. FROM scrapped Resistance and combined it somehow with Agility. There are probably a few other changes we're not yet aware of.

Shengar

The final stats won't look likes this. FROM scrapped Resistance and combined it somehow with Agility. There are probably a few other changes we're not yet aware of.

But the inclusion of Agility and how it affect your roll speed still greatly affect PvP level bar. It's not a bad thing remind you, as these stats could make radically different playstyle between players, especially at higher level.

Steez

But the inclusion of Agility and how it affect your roll speed still greatly affect PvP level bar. It's not a bad thing remind you, as these stats could make radically different playstyle between players, especially at higher level.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I welcome all of the known changes regarding stats. I'd rather have FROM try to change up the meta game, instead of copy-pasting the stats from Dark Souls 1.

Shinjica

This talk reminds me of people that gets pissed at you because you dont salute them and do the cordial stuff they dictate when they are invadng you.

Theres a lot of ways to play Dark Souls, not only one. People have been trying to coop with friends and chat with them since day 1. FROM just gave us an avoidable option to do so.

The developer already said in the past that wasnt their idea. I've to find the interview about that

puzl

Banned
The people that make me chuckle the most are those who try to apply their 74387437 buffs, then get all skirty with you because you decide to attack/bs them. "MAH HONNURRRR"

Sure, I'll let you double the strength of your weapon/stamina/replenishment etc.. while I just stand there holding my nuts.

Wrong game. The following are a list of rules I follow when invading:

Feindflug

Is it even necessary to kill that big guy? He seems to be just sitting there minding his own business and not being hostile.

Yeah he didn't look hostile but since the player was able to target him I guess he/she thought that it's an enemy. Maybe now you can also target friendly npc's?

I'm so glad they're putting in something to combat backstabs. It's so frequently used I didn't have much hope that it would be changed at all for DS2. I can't wait to glue a shield to my back.

Wait a minute! is it confirmed that if you have a shield on your back you can avoid backstabs? :O

Hobobloke

Depends on the context as well.

If you're dueling in the burg running up to BS someone while they wave is probably uncalled for. but if it's a standard invasion while someone is trying to progress that's when the gloves come off.

puzl

Banned
PC PVP meta is 100-120
PS3/360 is 120-125

I'm sure most veteran PVP'ers will cap their build around 120 in Dark Souls 2 initially, until a more official standard is kept. I wouldn't be surprised if it's around 150 in the sequel, personally.

Randam

Real talk. There's no risk to the invader so they play that honour card BS. Fuck that shit.

As soon as I see you its on.

The people that make me chuckle the most are those who try to apply their 74387437 buffs, then get all skirty with you because you decide to attack/bs them. "MAH HONNURRRR"

Sure, I'll let you double the strength of your weapon/stamina/replenishment etc.. while I just stand there holding my nuts.

Depends on the context as well.

If you're dueling in the burg running up to BS someone while they wave is probably uncalled for. but if it's a standard invasion while someone is trying to progress that's when the gloves come off.

like Hobolbloke said, if you are dueling in one of the PVP areas (burg, kiln etc) dont backstab someone, who is waving or applying buffs.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sorry if this has been asked already but what does the release dates look like now? March 14th for consoles and when for the PC?

Sullichin

image.php

image.php

image.php

Sorry if this has been asked already but what does the release dates look like now? March 14th for consoles and when for the PC?

They ask about it on the Giant Bomb interview. Guy sounds like he's sick of being asked about the PC version because he can't talk about it. One of the best previews of the game so far though.
http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/it-s-a-dark-souls-ii-interview/1600-743/

Calibus

Aren't pre-orders available at store-fronts like GameStop already? Odd that Amazon only has a "notify me" option.

like Hobolbloke said, if you are dueling in one of the PVP areas (burg, kiln etc) dont backstab someone, who is waving or applying buffs.

Honestly call me whatever you want, I see someone Invade my world when I'm just trying to cope with the world/monsters themselves, I attack you then we talk.

You want me to let you buff so you are even stronger and ruin my enjoyment? Yeah...no I'm attacking you and let the best man win, hopefully for my sake, I live.

PVP would be different as it would be consenting to a duel, so I agree on that part,that is me and I cant wait for the game.

feel

Loved just sitting there looking harmless for a second and baiting invaders into doing the gesture and then taking away all their health easily. PvP doesn't exist for me, I roleplay, you're considered "evil scum" if you're entering my world to steal my shit so you will be treated as such.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Aren't pre-orders available at store-fronts like GameStop already? Odd that Amazon only has a "notify me" option.

Amazon ran out of preorders or it was always like that?
Honestly call me whatever you want, I see someone Invade my world when I'm just trying to cope with the world/monsters themselves, I attack you then we talk.

You want me to let you buff so you are even stronger and ruin my enjoyment? Yeah...no I'm attacking you and let the best man win, hopefully for my sake, I live.

PVP would be different as it would be consenting to a duel, so I agree on that part,that is me and I cant wait for the game.

Loved just sitting there looking harmless for a second and baiting invaders into doing the gesture and then taking away all their health easily. PvP doesn't exist for me, I roleplay, you're considered "evil scum" if you're entering my world to steal my shit so you will be treated as such.
I'm the worst. I tend to go and invade in tomb of giants and if the players being invaded actually use the wave or bow I can't help myself but to back stab them or kill them by dropping them out of the area. PVP on Tomb of Giants when you know how to mess up with people always makes me lose my shit.

soontroll

Banned

I agree 100%. I still bow sometimes if the invader is polite (i.e. waits for me to finish killing enemies) but normally I go all in. I usually end up dying so might as well get that advantage.

Shengar

I feel no obligation to gesture invaders in honoring manner first, but if they do it first I will oblige. That's how I usually roll. But people don't expect receive the same courtesy though if they did it first. It's a world where people eat people, so first thing to expect is that they not gonna do you any honor.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Don't gesture if you're close enough to be attacked or unless they're gesturing and BAM, you'll never get backstabbed while bowing again. It isn't rocket science.

Randam

like I said: when I go to a PVP area, for pvp only and i know the other one is here for the same, i let them bow/wave/what ever and let them apply there buffs.

but only then.

if someone invades me, i try to kill them no matter what.

but that are 2 different situations.

and I never saw a normal invader who bowed at me and then tried to apply buffs.

Eliciel

Real talk. There's no risk to the invader so they play that honour card BS. Fuck that shit.

As soon as I see you its on.

Then watch your back toastyToast. I will be awaiting you and you won't be staying long !
(JK but let's build up that tension we need for PVP ;P)

Ill Saint

So much new info and media. Very hard to stay on a blackout and not devour it all. Been watching the amazing CGI reveal trailer to keep me satiated in the meantime. Wonder if any of those scenes will be used in the game? Very excited to discover who the masked enemies are, what the deal is with the Kalameet-like one-eyed dragon, and our arrow-ridden hero's ultimate fate.

Counting down the days.

Oswen

I was planning to wait for an eventual "Prepare to die again etc" edition for PS4 but the hype is killing me, i may just give in.

PolishQ

Not sure. I didn't check before a couple days ago. I couldn't imagine it selling out that quick unless they got a small allocation. I mean the game doesn't have that much mass appeal.

PS3 preorders were definitely available on Amazon previously. I placed one myself.

Garcia

But we are nice and helpful, and like jolly cooperation. :(

I shouldn't have generalized though. By "fanbase" I meant the rabid no-critics-allowed/defence-force fanbase, which is a significant part of it. I've had really good exchanges with people from other forums about it.

Visceir

Any good pre order bonuses for this game? Think I saw some weapons advertised, but I assume those will be worthless an hour into the game. Amazon uk seems to have some steel cards with the game director's signature.

Top Bottom