• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews for Dark Souls II

LProtag

Still no pre-order status from Amazon... I feel like they'll never ship it to me.

Apparently switching the speed and then going back to two day shipping made it estimated to be delivered on release day for some people though.

Doombear

Still no pre-order status from Amazon... I feel like they'll never ship it to me.

Apparently switching the speed and then going back to two day shipping made it estimated to be delivered on release day for some people though.

My understanding is that it only fixes it if you have gone from no estimated date, to a later, non-launch date. If you have no date estimate, changing shipping speed won't magically get you one (launch day or otherwise) unfortunately.

LProtag

My understanding is that it only fixes it if you have gone from no estimated date, to a later, non-launch date. If you have no date estimate, changing shipping speed won't magically get you one (launch day or otherwise) unfortunately.

Well, that's what I meant. Just giving people who got later shipping dates a heads up. I'm going to try it once I get a shipping date... if I get a shipping date.

Hodders

Neo Member
Just a quickie.....I'm UK based but have a US PSN account on my PS3 - I presume this means I can pre-order the game from the US PSN store and get it on the 11th rather than the 14th?

Just checking there isn't some sort of region based issue I've forgotten stopping me doing this

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This wait... is killing me. And of course I'm working on release day.

Son-of-a-bitch.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Part 2 of the making of should be up in a few hours.

2014-03-0400_49_55-ma9ei5d.png

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/03/making-dark-souls-ii

Ill Saint

EU / AU digital release can be pre-loaded now, and should be playable on the 13th at 10:00:00 GMT, if my PSN pre-order email is to be believed.

soontroll

Banned
BEARDS.

Finally. I hope it scales with Strength.

There's also a spoiler of a bunch of bosses (10) on reddit via the achievement trophies but I'd rather not post that shit here. I already ruined it for myself by not read the title properly so don't want to inflict the pain on anyone else :'(

So is something weird going on with CE Amazon preorders or what?

I don't have an arrival estimate announced for my CE yet.

Getting kind of worried. I took 2 vacation days specifically to play this game when it comes out. Would serve me right if it doesn't arrive until the 13th and I spend those two days in anxious boredom waiting for it to arrive. Yep, I'm about 90% sure that's what's going to happen.

SPOILER (I think?): Character customisation beard choices

http://i.imgur.com/3PNqsBA.jpg
That's it?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Character customization has never been the series' strongsuit.

soontroll

Banned

Getting kind of worried. I took 2 vacation days specifically to play this game when it comes out. Would serve me right if it doesn't arrive until the 13th and I spend those two days in anxious boredom waiting for it to arrive. Yep, I'm about 90% sure that's what's going to happen.

That's it?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Character customization has never been the series' strongsuit.

Not sure if that's the case here. Lack of beard choice doesn't mean actual facial customisation is bad. A guy who has a press build of the game said he spent about an hour customising a female character. Probably an exaggeration but it's likely a lot better than DS1.

Not sure if that's the case here. Lack of beard choice doesn't mean actual facial customisation is bad. A guy who has a press build of the game said he spent about an hour customising a female character. Probably an exaggeration but it's likely a lot better than DS1.

Oh, I'm sure of that. Think I'm just spoiled by other games like Dragon's Dogma.

Garcia

Only one week to go. :D

By keeping myself away from the hype machine I have successfully mantained an almost complete blackout for DS2. Fortunately, the very few things I learned had more to do with the changes and improvements over the first game.

I have absolutely no idea of where the game starts. No clue about the areas, bosses, mobs, interconnections of levels, etc. It will be all fresh new (which is exactly how I experienced the first Dark Souls).

2AdEPT

Getting kind of worried. I took 2 vacation days specifically to play this game when it comes out. Would serve me right if it doesn't arrive until the 13th and I spend those two days in anxious boredom waiting for it to arrive. Yep, I'm about 90% sure that's what's going to happen..

just buy a day one edition at midnight release party and sell/trade when CE arrives. I have gifted so many DS products now its unreal. It doesn't feel like a waste of coin when its a gift. Especially if the gift is used/wanted!?

Toxi

Banned
How many Japanese Giant dad's did you ever run into playing near launch at 2am NA time (sat morning cartoon time for Japan)??
LOL Giant Dad using Strength scaling

lrn2chaos

Last good Strength weapon was the pre-nerf Black Knight Greataxe. Stupid that From nerfed it.

just buy a day one edition at midnight release party and sell/trade when CE arrives. I have gifted so many DS products now its unreal. It doesn't feel like a waste of coin when its a gift. Especially if the gift is used/wanted!?
Think it might come to this. I really don't want those vacation days to go to waste.

ieatzombies

Only one week to go. :D

By keeping myself away from the hype machine I have successfully mantained an almost complete blackout for DS2. Fortunately, the very few things I learned had more to do with the changes and improvements over the first game.

I have absolutely no idea of where the game starts. No clue about the areas, bosses, mobs, interconnections of levels, etc. It will be all fresh new (which is exactly how I experienced the first Dark Souls).
Same here and it feels good. Going in completely blind. It's gonna be amazing jumping into this beast next week.

Fhtagn

I've had the Collector's Edition pre-ordered via Amazon since it was announced, but in light of the shipping day hassles and the fact that my deliveries often happen late in the day (8 pm sometimes!) I went ahead and pre-ordered a black armor edition at my local gamestop, which I'll pick up as soon as I wake up on the 11th and then I'll sell it at a minor loss after the CE arrives.

I barely ever buy games day one. Off the top of my head: Ikaruga (DC and GC), Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, Vanquish... I think that's it, a small handful of shmup imports aside. Maybe Zelda:WW.

So going this nuts feels like a brand new experience for me. Fun!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just a quickie.....I'm UK based but have a US PSN account on my PS3 - I presume this means I can pre-order the game from the US PSN store and get it on the 11th rather than the 14th?

Just checking there isn't some sort of region based issue I've forgotten stopping me doing this

From my experience downloading PS2 games early from US PSN, you shouldn't have a problem playing US DS2 on the 11th. You may be limited to playing on your US account, but don't quote me on that.

God's speed, sir. I for one will be trying to contain my hype until the EU store unlocks it on the 14th. This is some legit excitement building.

2AdEPT

LOL Giant Dad using Strength scaling

lrn2chaos

Last good Strength weapon was the pre-nerf Black Knight Greataxe. Stupid that From nerfed it.

Oh come on.....:p..... there was a little variation....giant mom's or kidz had whatever, but the heavier weapons to hold were dads......chaos Zwei was common, i'll give you that, but there were a few that figured scaling out with clubs or msgs.

This guy below was my more my mentality for STR...pretend you are female/skinny/frail, use hidden body to mask big weapon, use buff/some kind of AOE, in this case the dkga was enough. Mentality Goes all the way back to Demon's and the classic "Demon mage" build. Always mobile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkKN27dsme8

sadly i could not find a good Demon's video of a DemonMage in action but this poor video shows at least what they looked like....obviously not SL 209. Skip to 4:10 for what they look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROBR5HRTQ64

shout out to indigo cyclops as I learned of this build from him.

Hodders

Neo Member
From my experience downloading PS2 games early from US PSN, you shouldn't have a problem playing US DS2 on the 11th. You may be limited to playing on your US account, but don't quote me on that.

God's speed, sir. I for one will be trying to contain my hype until the EU store unlocks it on the 14th. This is some legit excitement building.

Thanks man, i may try and wait for the 14th myself actually. Will be hard though!

Jobbs

Banned
One week.. Unbelievable. I've been pretty good about not spoiling things (not 100%, but fairly good) but this next week will probably prove to be the hardest.

I had a mission of getting to the day the game was in my hands without knowing a single thing. 100% blackout.

Here's what I know:

- What the starting classes are
- What an early area looks like
(the little soldier dudes, the swordsman in white with the hunchback)
-
sex change coffin
-
bonfire warping
-
charriot running in a loop boss
-
tall guy with the halberd and the dogs
-
voice chat ring
-
some kind of respec item
- a rumor of a
starting gift that makes enemies aggro on invaders

That's about it. How'd I do? Well, not perfect, but the damage could probably be worse. I certainly did far less last time -- I watched streams quite a lot before ever playing the first game, I couldn't hold back.

gunderic

Neo Member
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere else, but I have bad news for anyone who hasn't yet received a delivery estimate from Amazon.

After not receiving a delivery estimate, I started to worry, so I emailed Amazon this morning to find out what was up. ONLY THEN did they notify me that the item is on BACK ORDER!!!! So, unfortunately, it seems that many of us who pre-ordered from Amazon and have not received a delivery estimate will be out of luck for who knows how long.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Top Bottom