• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Titan X (Pascal) announced

Which upcoming Nvidia card are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

x3sphere

Can this Titan X run Crysis 3 or Witcher 3 60fps 4k max settings?

Max settings? Probably not... I have a 1080 and Crysis 3 dips into the mid 30s and Witcher 3 is around 40 with Hairworks. Without hairworks it'd probably hit 60 on this Titan.

If you figure this card is 30-40% faster that's not going to be enough. It will hit 60 with some settings turned down though I'm sure

jdstorm

Banned
I'd like to apologise to Nvidia/Intel/AMD for saying that VR tech was 10 years away earlier this year. It seems like 8K/60 will be reachable much sooner then that

Who knows we might even be there with 2 Pascal Titan X's running a scaleable engine game via SLI

Momentary

Banned
I don't think this card is going to give us 4k@60fps on current demanding games and I'm not even going to fool with SLI.
Maybe

I'll settle for high frame rates at 1440p and downsampling less demanding games from 8K.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I'd like to apologise to Nvidia/Intel/AMD for saying that VR tech was 10 years away earlier this year. It seems like 8K/60 will be reachable much sooner then that

Who knows we might even be there with 2 Pascal Titan X's running a scaleable engine game via SLI

Nah, there's still too much required for that. Eye tracking + foveated rendering will be the key for really high quality VR.

Not even an hour before reading this topic I swore I would reduce my spending on toys

*looks at both 980ti cards*

Youre okay babies

(until 1 card can replace both of you)

nubbe

Feels kinda early to announce it... was expecting it in Q4

Probably to suck more money out of the market before AMD announce their top devices since 480 is pretty competitive

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't think this card is going to give us 4k@60fps on current demanding games and I'm not even going to fool with SLI.
Maybe

I'll settle for high frame rates at 1440p and downsampling less demanding games from 8K.

It'll probably give 4K/60 in almost all games at max settings, bar a few that you can probably hit 4K/60 by taking off hair works or a couple of other expensive but low return settings. 1080 was almost there in lots of games and this looks to be 40% faster than the 1080.

Leonidas

Glad I've given up high end GPUs, I'd be pretty annoyed right now if I bought a 1080 and two months later this happens.

I'll experience this power in 3 years when $250 cards produce those numbers.

2 of these in SLI should be enough for my spreadsheets right?

Holy moly. Looking forward to getting a card in that range somewhat affordably in a year or two.

Not even an hour before reading this topic I swore I would reduce my spending on toys

*looks at both 980ti cards*

Youre okay babies

(until 1 card can replace both of you)

wait for the 1080 Ti

and a good price. this price doesnt bode well for initial 1080 Ti pricing

Momentary

Banned
Gotta gotta gotta SLI.

I just want single card performance. SLI is just too fidgety and most games I play don't even support SLI.

It'll probably give 4K/60 in almost all games at max settings, bar a few that you can probably hit 4K/60 by taking off hair works or a couple of other expensive but low return settings. 1080 was almost there in lots of games and this looks to be 40% faster than the 1080.

I don't know. 1080 is sitting in the 30s and 40s on most demanding titles at 4k. I'm not going in expecting too many games to run at 4K 60. I know my JRPGs, Fighting Games and overwatch will be fine. But they aren't packed with bleeding edge graphical tech. I hope you're right, but I'm just going to keep my expectations down at the buttery smooth 1440p levels.

paolo11

Max settings? Probably not... I have a 1080 and Crysis 3 dips into the mid 30s and Witcher 3 is around 40 with Hairworks. Without hairworks it'd probably hit 60 on this Titan.

If you figure this card is 30-40% faster that's not going to be enough. It will hit 60 with some settings turned down though I'm sure

I see. Thanks

Question, when you go 4k, does maxing AA make a visual difference?

x3sphere

Glad I've given up high end GPUs, I'd be pretty annoyed right now if I bought a 1080 and two months later this happens.

I'll experience this power in 3 years when $250 cards produce those numbers.

Anyone that bought a 1080 shouldn't be annoyed really, unless they were willing to shell out $1200 for a GPU to begin with. This card is likely 30-40% faster for over 80% more cost, so the 1080 price won't change at all.

Kindekuma

Banned
Nobody should buy that for gaming purposes unless you really like to burn money. That card is fit for GPU based simulations and workstation rendering alongside their quadro line up. Honestly for more than half the price, just get a 1080.

Grassy

Shit, this thing will cost $2000 AUD...which isn't too bad considering the performance. At least it will be easier to obtain at launch than the 1080 :p
1080 Ti to come out around October maybe?

It should be a great card for 4K, but I think I'll hold onto my 980 Ti's until either the 1180 Titan/Ti arrive and go back to a single card.

x3sphere

I see. Thanks

Question, when you go 4k, does maxing AA make a visual difference?

I still like to use some form of AA at 4K, without it I can still make out jaggies - I game on a 55" 4K screen about 4-5 feet away. Maxing out AA is definitely not necessary though.

knitoe

So tempting to upgrade from SLI Titans X, but this time, I am getting off the Titan upgrade train and will wait for the 1080ti. Too much throttling with the reference blowers. Hope, this means SLI 1080ti this winter.

decoy11

Wow I didn't expect the new Titan to come out this fast but it makes sense. AMD has nothing to compete with 1070 and 1080 right now. You got to keep those cards prices reasonable since they are like mainstream cards compared to Titans.

With nothing to compete for the rest of 2016 I guess there was no reason to increase price up +$200. I guess this is the world we live in now where Nvidia is just one generation ahead of AMD.

scoobs

Wait so you've just bought a 1080 and was preparing to get rid for a Titan... Why?

to have the best card for a month I guess.. good thing about buying the high end GPUs is you can sell them for basically the price you paid for them (or higher if demand is insane like it is right now for the 1080)

So tempting to upgrade from SLI Titans X, but this time, I am getting off the Titan upgrade train and will wait for the 1080ti. Too much throttling with the reference blowers. Hope, this means SLI 1080ti this winter.

The new 1080 Ti in the Winter will be renamed by nVidia marketing

...as the Titan X

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Isn't the ratio Nvidia flops: AMD Flops 2:3? Because that would make this almost 3 times as powerful as Scorpio.

And Close to 100X a Wii U

So...your saying difference between this and Scorpio's GPU is actually notably bigger than the GPU jump from PS4 to NEO? My god.

It doesn't seem like so long ago, but 360's GPU, which still put out impressive games as late as last year(Rise of tomb raider) is now outdated over a hundred fold. Just to think about how games could look on hardware for this GPU is kinda scary.

Infiltrator was done on a single GTX 680 after all, and Agni was as well

This seems early...

Getting the jump on the enthusiast market before AMD launches Vega

The Ti equivalent will launch 4-6 weeks before Vega, most likely, and will act as the direct competitor. This is coming out now so there is a nice gap between this and the Ti, so that this has a little while on the market as the undisputed king and there is no "almost as good but WAY better value" option.

dogen

So...your saying difference between this and Scorpio's GPU is actually notably bigger than the GPU jump from PS4 to NEO? My god.

It doesn't seem like so long ago, but 360's GPU, which still put out impressive games as late as last year(Rise of tomb raider) is now outdated over a hundred fold.

It's probably closer to 50 or 60.

JordanKZ

I have spare money from a flat sale and an ultra wide 1440p monitor to power. Will replace current Titan X with this one. Yes, I'm an idiot.

INB4 Terry Cruise replaces his 1080 SLI with the new Titan.

What is this talk of HBM2 ? Is it suppose to make the chip smaller/cooler/faster/fancier? lol

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/hbm

It's pretty huge, it would be a generational jump over what Pascal is now if done right. Effectively allows us to bypass some of the issues Moore's Law causes to a degree by scaling differently.

http://www.amd.com/Documents/High-Bandwidth-Memory-HBM.pdf

Top Bottom