• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Titan X (Pascal) announced

Which upcoming Nvidia card are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
That seems awfully soon. I was hoping this would be a while away and the Ti would be maybe next spring or summer so I could justify the cost by then. Maybe it still will be, but now I'm worried about price.

MuchoMalo

Banned
The new 11TF Nvidia card got AMD wondering how they'll achieve that many flops but then they looked at their CPU lineup and breathed a sigh of relief

Trust me, AMD isn't concerned about that in the least. These FLOPS figures are nothing more than marketing for the average consumer, and AMD always wins there in raw numbers anyway.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Just got a 1070 but dont mind since I wouldnt have been able to get this anyway. I am actually glad. Always good to see power go up and up. By the time VR gains currency and Vive2/Oculus2 roles around, there would be enough power for even higher resolutions. Good.

mjp2417

Banned
How long was it between the Titan X and 980 Ti?

Only a few months, but the 980 ti was primarily launched to counter the AMD Fury at $650. There is no reason for Nvidia to launch a 1080ti until AMD forces them to as it will undercut Titan and 1080 sales.

jrcbandit

Does this mean Pascal is skipping HBM 2 entirely? Volta was supposedly 2018, but it seems odd for Titan to skip out on HBM 2.0. At this rate, 1080 Ti could come out this November for $750-850 price range with GDDR5X. I am still planning on waiting for HBM 2.0 video cards but now I wonder what Nvidia will be doing with them. 1100 series moniker but still Pascal?

Renekton

Does this mean Pascal is skipping HBM 2 entirely? Volta was supposedly 2018, but it seems odd for Titan to skip out on HBM 2.0. At this rate, 1080 Ti could come out this November for $750-850 price range with GDDR5X. I am still planning on waiting for HBM 2.0 video cards but now I wonder what Nvidia will be doing with them. 1100 series moniker but still Pascal?
GP100 is on HBM2, NV is the 1st adopter actually. Seems like only GP100 intended workloads require that kind of bandwidth atm.

Now I wonder why won't AMD Vega use GDDR5X to save on cost.

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member
So full pascal GP100 3840 core card with HBM2 is yet to come?

or they rename their chips and i didnt follow it?

or is GP100 going to remain in HPC only?

Can someone correct me if i am wrong?

Mr.Sword

Why are people complaining about the lack of HBM2? I don't think the gpu will be limited at 480gb/s bandwidth, or am I wrong?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Titan always seemed like an upper echelon super luxury model to me, one in no way marketed towards even the high end PC user, instead those with a sizable pool of funds to allocate towards the latest, greatest hardware required to supplement other peripherals (eg: 4K and/or multi display). So I'm not in the least disappointed I just jumped on a 1080. When the new fancy model is twice the RRP of the existing the aim isn't redundancy of the predecessor, and while I spent ~AU$1,200 on my GPU I can't justify a ~AU$2,400 GPU on my wage so it wouldn't have ever been an option.r

Sweet, bring on the 1080 Ti. We knew titan would come out first since thats what happened with the 980.

Not gonna be cheap though based on Titan being $1200

x3sphere

This doesn't look like the full pascal chip

It reminds me of the first Kepler Titan.

There might not be a 1080 Ti, if Nvidia is following the same playbook. Release an all-new 11xx line with this card as the 1180 and a fully enabled 1180 Ti while just refreshing the Titan.

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member

There might not be a 1080 Ti, if Nvidia is following the same playbook. Release an all-new 11xx line with this card as the 1180 and a fully enabled 1180 Ti while just refreshing the Titan.

its not gp100 has 3840 cores, if i remember right.

Edit: im wrong...sources are saying different things on the interenet...i dont know.

Edit 2: their official white paper says 3584. I dont know where i got 3840 from must have been from a google image slide taken from somewhere sketchy like videocardz or wccftech. However transistor count is off by 3 billion unless they count the transistors in the HBM.

Luigiv

It's not. This is GP102. Full Pascal is GP100.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What is the general floppage i wonder in AMD metrics...

They just leapfrogged AMD's highest number(fury X), but we also know that less is more when it comes to Nvidia, so to get comparable AMD performance, it would have to be like..13, 14 tflops?

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member
It's not. This is GP102. Full Pascal is GP100.

I think nvidia did something different this time. This GP102 specs match GP100 exactly on everything other than HBM. I think GP100 is something they gave to Tesla. (on specs that matter for gaming anyways) Unless they cut the ROPS and TUs, doesn't make

So IMO dont expect a FULL die as this is it.I think they will refresh their cards next year....with HBM2. Kinda like AMD did with the 300 series adding the extra 4GB to all their cards. and not expecting Volta until 2018

Will there also be another Titan Black with Pascal?

So there will be this Titan. And later a Titan+ and eventually a Titan Black that will be the top dog?

Davidion

PCPer updated their chart (for OP)

hzN3Gue.png

image.php

Ac30

Reminder that this is not a gaming-only card. Anyone who buys this strictly for gaming needs to reevaluate their spending habits, or at least learn to be patient since the 1080 Ti should come at $800-900 with equivalent or better gaming performance a few months later. 12GB of VRAM is weird, though. It should be 24GB.

Pretty sure after the first Titan Nvidia neutered all non-gaming capabilities in the first X. So yes, this is probably the halo gaming product.

Arex

wow keep increasing the base price nvidia :|

I'm sure the 1080ti will also get increased base price, maybe $799?

going by this rate, the 1170 will be $549 and the 1180 $799 I guess, and ofc the local price in my country will be double *sigh*

Hawk269

This is a hobby card for graphics enthusiasts that enjoy the thrill of the best.

This to a certain extent and for those that want to push the maximum they can at 4k. My last 3 cards have been:

Original Titan in SLI
Titan Black in SLI
Titan X in SLI (2015 edition)

While some may say or laugh at me with comments like I am stupid or I am throwing my money away, these cards provided me the best of the best to achieve the highest resolution and frame rate that I can. While many scoff at the prices and/or the price to performance ratio, when you are looking for a card that helps you achieve max resolution/frame rate, the Titan's have been very good for me.

Will I get this new card? Oh yes, not sure at launch, but I will have one. This card may be the one that provided 4k/60fps on a single card. As good as the performance has been on the 1080 at 4k, this card should be enough to do 4k/60fps with the majority of games (at least I hope).

You guys are forgetting that the Titan line is also a big market for the compute crowd. The Titans offer great price/performance compared to quattro's, so have found a good home with the GPU rendering crowd, along with the CAD and other markets. Were seriously looking at a Titan X/1080 based GPU farm. (At this price, we'd buy a titan x over 1080 for the ram amount along, ignoring the perofmrance difference)

AAWWW FUCK!!! I JUST GOT MY 1080 TODAY!!! GOT DAMMIT!!! Now Im mad I didnt wait.

Would you buy a Titan for $1200 though? I mean thats a very heavy price. Looks like on newegg a 1080 is $650-$700 so thats a huge price increase.

I am surprised they are launching so early though, I mean 1080 still owns the top of the market right?

Pooya

Looks like they might really launch 11xx series next year at this rate, I will just stick with the 970 till then.

Top Bottom