• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Found another bug thats fucking up alot of people photo's. When you use the photomode and hit the shutter or stay still for 2 sec (staying still renders also) the image gets super soft. Its like the TAA is removing all the sharpness. The moment i moved the camera slightly the image was pin sharp.
testtt.jpg

Senua

Gold Member
Found another bug thats fucking up alot of people photo's. When you use the photomode and hit the shutter or stay still for 2 sec (staying still renders also) the image gets super soft. Its like the TAA is removing all the sharpness. The moment i moved the camera slightly the image was pin sharp.
testtt.jpg
Shambles.

djjinx2

I wish i could send all the bugs i found to T10 because those things don't get attention enough to guarantee a fix.
On Xbox it repeats from Sharp (focused) to motion blur every like 5 seconds and can be reset by pressing X, not sure if its a feature or bug? So if I want a clear pic with no blur I have to quickly press X then A.

Maybe I'm a noob with things and missing the obvious??

Three

testtt.jpg
Does this happen even if you adjust the "shutter speed" to the maximum or minimum? It might not be TAA related.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Does this happen even if you adjust the "shutter speed" to the maximum or minimum? It might not be TAA related.
Yeah if it's like FH then the photomode takes a moment to render, the pin sharp would be just the render then all your camera settings kick in.

Turk1993

On Xbox it repeats from Sharp (focused) to motion blur every like 5 seconds and can be reset by pressing X, not sure if its a feature or bug? So if I want a clear pic with no blur I have to quickly press X then A.

Maybe I'm a noob with things and missing the obvious??
Will try this out, but its def a bug.

Not tried this yet, but im gonna give it a try and see what happens.

Yeah if it's like FH then the photomode takes a moment to render, the pin sharp would be just the render then all your camera settings kick in.
Even after the render or shutter its blurry. The blurry shot is taken after i waited 5 sec and hit the shutter which rendered everything, after that it was still blurry.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Will try this out, but its def a bug.

Not tried this yet, but im gonna give it a try and see what happens.

Even after the render or shutter its blurry. The blurry shot is taken after i waited 5 sec and hit the shutter which rendered everything, after that it was still blurry.
Right it probably is intentional, it has all the settings a normal camera has aperture, shutter speed, exposure etc. Not sure what the defaults are but if the shutter speed isn't really low then you will see a small amount of blur.

Turk1993

Well did all the testing and it is unfortunately what i first thought it was. Nothing to do with shutterspeed or aperture.

Left image is where im moving slightly which makes the image crisp, middle image is the one where the shutter speed is on 20 and the image on the right is shutter speed on 0. All the other settings like aperture are on 0 and i focused on the trees on each photo.
tesssttt.jpg

Three

2D clouds look so much better...

The only games I think I've seen volumetric clouds being great are RDR2 and... Driveclub. 😆
Horizon Forbidden West (Burning Shores especially), Days gone and FS20 also have nice volumetric clouds. Most games that use Simul trueSky do.

I'd say HFW Burning Shores outdoes driveclub and RDR2 in that department.

Last edited:

Turk1993

Those look good, yeah. In your other comparision there were nothing like these.
Because they where in clear weather but ACC for some weird reasons can't have clear sky even if you set the cloud coverage at 0.
Do these clouds cast shadows too?
Yes they do. Open the images in different tabs and go back and forth and you will notice it immediately.
Forza-Motorsport-22-10-2023-19-45-24.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-22-10-2023-19-43-54.jpg

LostDonkey

I've just noticed, in the rain, and in the C63 Forza Edition car (that's all I've tried), and on the Silverstone race of the Super Sedans series in Builders cup (precise enough?)- The windscreen wipers don't work in the second cockpit view (without the wheel).

The ghost of them is there and the water moves, you can even hear them, but they don't actually move on the screen. You can even change view from the Wheel view to the non wheel view, mid wipe, and the wipers don't move.

Is this a design choice? A bug? An oversight?

This game man 😔

Turk1993

I've just noticed, in the rain, and in the C63 Forza Edition car (that's all I've tried), and on the Silverstone race of the Super Sedans series in Builders cup (precise enough?)- The windscreen wipers don't work in the second cockpit view (without the wheel).

The ghost of them is there and the water moves, you can even hear them, but they don't actually move on the screen. You can even change view from the Wheel view to the non wheel view, mid wipe, and the wipers don't move.

Is this a design choice? A bug? An oversight?

This game man 😔
Its a bug, happens also if you are in freeplay testdrive mode. The wipers don't work if you are test driving a car. But if you set up a custom race in freeplay than they work again.

Eh, after tweaking hdr brightness to 30, WRC looks ok. Not close to the best, but it has a nice draw distance and mostly detailed vegetation.

Regular settings look so washed out

MCplayer

How the fuck does the new WRC game look so BAD? 🤦🏻

image.png

I dont how people havent noticed that in the trailers or official gameplay reveals... Anyway Im more interested in the physics and it does seems more realistic then dirt rally 2.0, I already played it yesterday with early access, gonna play more later

FukuDaruma

In 2023 we reach the pinnacle of PC gaming: racing games with shader compilation stutters on $2000 GPU's...

«Sadly, EA Sports WRC suffers from major shader compilation issues. These stutters can be really annoying, especially when driving at high speeds. I can’t believe that the developers have shipped this racing game without implementing a shader compilation procedure. This is unacceptable as your first races will be full of stutters. And yes, these stutters can completely destroy your experience. A stutter in this game can easily lead to a crash. What were the developers thinking?»

511B0hhgs2L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:

Turk1993

In 2023 we reach the pinnacle of PC gaming: racing games with shader compilation stutters on $2000 GPU's...

«Sadly, EA Sports WRC suffers from major shader compilation issues. These stutters can be really annoying, especially when driving at high speeds. I can’t believe that the developers have shipped this racing game without implementing a shader compilation procedure. This is unacceptable as your first races will be full of stutters. And yes, these stutters can completely destroy your experience. A stutter in this game can easily lead to a crash. What were the developers thinking?»

511B0hhgs2L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
It runs 4K80fps on a RTX4090 with those graphics lol, Forza Horizon 5 runs 4K120+ on that card and curb stomp this game graphically. And even the author says that the weather effects are a downgraded from previous games "However, the rain/snow effects are a joke in this game, and it’s missing the amazing wind effects of WRC Generations.".

FukuDaruma

It runs 4K80fps on a RTX4090 with those graphics lol, Forza Horizon 5 runs 4K120+ on that card and curb stomp this game graphically. And even the author says that the weather effects are a downgraded from previous games "However, the rain/snow effects are a joke in this game, and it’s missing the amazing wind effects of WRC Generations.".
But hey, you have Denuvo, which is one of the great improvements over any previous titles that the fans were really asking for...

Aufkleber_Trollface.220426.webp

Top Bottom