• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 24s24 seconds ago
Pending trade call, NYR acquire James Sheppard from SJS. #TradeCentre

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cole pulled from the Dallas lineup.

Everything is happening.

Edit: Gone to the Wings. Lol wut.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So....

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-St.Louis
Hagelin-Sheppard-Hayes
Miller-Moore-Fast
Glass

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Staal
Boyle-Klein
Hunwick

?

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 11s12 seconds ago
Erik Cole traded to Detroit, pending trade call

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We got Cole. Love it. Too many young guys poisoning this retirement home.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NYR-SJS deal is Sheppard for a 2016 4th. Not sure if that's their own 4th or the 4th they just got from Arizona.

EDIT: It is their own, not Arizona's.

Red_Man

I love how Eklund tweets a trade 2-3 minutes after it's been broken by someone legit, every single time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hopefully Nill fleeced his buddy Holland.

I think he did :(

Holland is so bad at this. Two prospects and a 2nd for a rental. Holland is awful.

Edit: Mattias Backman is one of the prospects. Screw you, Holland.

Red_Man

If the Leafs were looking to move Holzer, why would they play him tonight ? They don't have anything to gain.

Prospects going to Dallas in Cole deal: Mattias Backman and Mattas Janmark.
I don't know who these prospects are

Acid08

Banned
Shep :(

He probably wasn't going to be around after this year anyway, Tierney is going to take his spot. Still, he's a good player and I liked what he brought to the team.

Looks like I'm all in on the Rangers badwagon. Go Boyle and Shep!

Socreges

Banned

:lol

The Leafs twitter account used to be pretty devoid of personality, I'm guessing they hired someone new to run it this year. They're doing a decent job.
Whoever is running that account managed to insult a longtime fan and on top of that get burned very badly. Maybe a lack of personality would do the organization some good.

(you may have missed the third tweet in that pic)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Shep :(

He probably wasn't going to be around after this year anyway, Tierney is going to take his spot. Still, he's a good player and I liked what he brought to the team.

Looks like I'm all in on the Rangers badwagon. Go Boyle and Shep!

Apparently SJ is retaining some of his salary.

I think he did :(

Holland is so bad at this. Two prospects and a 2nd for a rental. Holland is awful.

Edit: Mattias Backman is one of the prospects. Screw you, Holland.

If the Leafs were looking to move Holzer, why would they play him tonight ? They don't have anything to gain.

I don't know who these prospects are

After Backman ran back off to Sweden because he wasn't playing good in GR, it was only a matter of time, Janmark has some decent upside but overall we have other guys who are can fill in/are better.

Not that bad of a trade to be honest, I figured with the news that Helm would be out for a little bit that Holland would pull the trigger for a forward. So overall not too bad, can you Dallas guys give me some more info on Cole?

Plinko

After Backman ran back off to Sweden because he wasn't playing good in GR, it was only a matter of time, Janmark has some decent upside but overall we have other guys who are can fill in/are better.

Not that bad of a trade to be honest, I figured with the news that Helm would be out for a little bit that Holland would pull the trigger for a forward. So overall not too bad, can you Dallas guys give me some more info on Cole?

My guess:

Helm's MRI shows he's done for the year. That's why they got Cole.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member

He's been decent on the offesne, rather slow skating speed and defense was so-so.

So do the Rangers just want to keep it going and pick up a few more of our first round busts?

Pouliot a few years back. Sheppard now.

I'm sure Colton Gillies and Tyler Cuma are floating around somewhere. Hell, AJ Thelen retired or something but he probably still has a pulse.

zroid

Banned
Whoever is running that account managed to insult a longtime fan and on top of that get burned very badly. Maybe a lack of personality would do the organization some good.

(you may have missed the third tweet in that pic)

Ha no I saw it and enjoyed the tweet. In the past there probably wouldn't have been a response from the account to begin with, though.

You are much too generous. They could never spend only 30 minutes talking about a Leaf trade.

I was implying it'd happen 30 mins before the deadline, of course!

zroid

Banned
Sigh, Holzer not coming back. RIP 7th rounder. God dammit Ovi stop trying to murder all our players please.

Red_Man

If Boston ends up trading for Stewart tomorrow, I'll consider the day a success.

Plinko

So a younger Cleary when he was playing decent.

I have a feeling we are also going to get a D man tomorrow as well.

Can't wait to see that one.

"Wings give up their 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 1st-rounder for Average Joe Defenseman."

Dang it, I didn't realize Cole was old and a UFA, probably the next stupid Legwand trade like last year. At least the prospects we gave up weren't much, both can pan out well but Bachman never had a future here after that debacle of going back to Sweden, Janmark is doing really well over seas so he has potential.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
According to Malik, Janmark fell off pretty hard this year and Backman bolted back to Sweden. It's actually a pretty decent trade.

Plinko

Dang it, I didn't realize Cole was old and a UFA, probably the next stupid Legwand trade like last year. At least the prospects we gave up weren't much, both can pan out well but Bachman never had a future here after that debacle of going back to Sweden, Janmark is doing really well over seas so he has potential.

This is Holland. Would he ever trade for a guy that wasn't old and a UFA?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
George Malik @georgemalik · 10m 10 minutes ago

Backman was never going to play for Detroit and Janmark was an OK prospect. This gives the Wings help in case Franzen is done for the year.
Looks like it's really just a Franzen insurance trade. I'd rather have Cole on the 3rd line than Glendening.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
For the game tonight, Ducks will butt smash the Stars tonight.

Enroth in net for Dallas as well.

Stars are dead on arrival.

zroid

Banned
‏@DownGoesBrown
They say the night before the deadline is like Christmas Eve so I guess it makes sense to include a wandering Sheppard and a lump of Cole.
god dammit DGB

Top Bottom