• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
@BobColeBaby said:
Big Jimmy Duthie. Will be spinning some magic. On Monday. He's got to come up. With something. For sure. Woah baby. No trades. No. Baby.
:lol :lol

According to Malik, Janmark fell off pretty hard this year and Backman bolted back to Sweden. It's actually a pretty decent trade.

Just read that they might have had trouble getting Janmark to come over, overall though the prospects we gave up have potential but were probably not going to go anywhere with us. We'll see if he can add some toughness to out team and I guess he is still pretty fast ever for being old.

Heretic

Whoever is running that account managed to insult a longtime fan and on top of that get burned very badly. Maybe a lack of personality would do the organization some good.

(you may have missed the third tweet in that pic)

i think he did haha

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just read that they might have had trouble getting Janmark to come over, overall though the prospects we gave up have potential but were probably not going to go anywhere with us. We'll see if he can add some toughness to out team and I guess he is still pretty fast ever for being old.

I can see us rolling the following lines now

Z/Pavel/Abby
Tatar/Sheahan/Nyquist
Cole/Weiss/Pulky
Miller/Glendening/Jurco/Andersson/Cleary

cux1x3P.png
thank you post!

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
question what happens if a player gets traded during a game, if they are on a shift and come back to the bench are they told and they have to go to the locker room and change etc.

Red_Man

I'm expecting to see at least one massive trade for a player of Eberle or O'Rielly's calibre tomorrow. Hopefully.

question what happens if a player gets traded during a game, if they are on a shift and come back to the bench are they told and they have to go to the locker room and change etc.
Players don't get traded during games unless the GM is a scumbag named Pierre Gauthier.

Stasis

So....

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-St.Louis
Hagelin-Sheppard-Hayes
Miller-Moore-Fast
Glass

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Staal
Boyle-Klein
Hunwick

?

This is assuming our dream comes true and AV actually benches Glass and lets us roll 4 effective lines. Glass on that line is always a possibility, even with no injuries, unless he's traded =/

And I dunno how the D will shake out. I was thinking:

McD - G
Yandle - Klein
Staal - Boyle

Just because we know AV likes the L-R pairings and we have that available. Also, Boyle hasn't been what we wanted/needed offensively so he slides down and Yandle up. I mean, Klein has been great and shown he really can be an effective 2nd pairing guy. It makes no sense to have Staal on the 3rd, but neither Yandle, nor McD. There is no real bottom pairing guy on the team right now except for Hunwick and on some nights Boyle.

Either way you look at it, it's a fucking nice D corps. There's no bad way to structure it I feel. Spread out those minutes. Quick changes, everyone gets rest.

The more I read up on it, the more I think this will be better than the Legwand trade, Cole is what we need for our forwards, a big guy who will use his body but can put up goals and can skate pretty fast, despite his age. Now we need to get a Top D man though that can make an impact and I have a feeling that might happen tomorrow, for who though who knows.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Yandle will be wearing #93. Sheppard 45. I wonder if we'll be seeing both making their debuts tomorrow against the Predators.

Don Maloney: "I hope the Rangers win the Cup this year, then struggle next year because we have their first round pick."
Ha

Red_Man

The more I read up on it, the more I think this will be better than the Legwand trade, Cole is what we need for our forwards, a big guy who will use his body but can put up goals and can skate pretty fast, despite his age. Now we need to get a Top D man though that can make an impact and I have a feeling that might happen tomorrow, for who though who knows.
Fun Fact: Erik Cole hasn't scored a goal in his last 34 playoff games, dating back to 2002. Wow.

Red_Man

Friedman : "I wonder if Montreal adding a Chris Stewart or Torey Mitchell would help them, just throwing that out there"

1253886001_office-no.gif

Acid08

Banned
Sounds like the Sheppard trade was made, in part, so that Hertl could start playing center. I'm excited for that, it's his natural position.

Top Bottom