• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nin-Network Acct locked to system it was made on [Upd: Customer Service can't help]

Its not something thats going to effect most people...but yeah its still fucking stupid.

There should be a way to disconnect from one and connect with another.
Even if they have to be placed beside each other; I don't care.

It shouldn't be 'Call Nintendo' and go through a process.

entremet

We know Nintendo marches to the beat of their own drum, but they really need to get with the times. You really can't run a company like this with all the cutthroat competition out there. Nintendo's efforts just seem amateurish.

-No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's.

They better patch this soon.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
We know Nintendo marches to the beat of their own drum, but they really need to get with the times. You really can't run a company like this with all the cutthroat competition out there. Nintendo's efforts just seem amateurish.

They'll go out of business before they learn.

Choc

Banned
Honestly the more i read about this Nintendo has fucked this system six ways from sunday with some of their decisions

if Sony and MS can do it and do it well why is Nintendo so fucking worried about security etc.

Unbeliveable Jeff

Just ridiculous

Need a new system? go call nintendo. whats the fucking bet you cannot remove the account from a dead console either

Nintendo is FUCKING THIS UP.

Toki767

If you're holding an account for someone, you do have the option of actually deleting the Nintendo Network ID from the system it was created on. Then the other person can re-register with their info.

Crappy way to go about it but at least your name is reserved.

I'm not sure what the issue is. On PS3 and 360 you can log onto other consoles and download all your stuff?

On the PS3, yes for up to 2 PS3s lol (Used to be 5)

So this console's online is literally worse than 3DS again? I mean, you can at least move all your stuff and data for a couple of times to other 3DS'. It also continues DSiware, unlike the VC/WiiWare on WiiU.

Which makes the whole point of these accounts that I can use that Miiverse crap on phones and shit?
Amazing...
Well, I was never planning to change to digital purchases for retail games anyway, but there's still enough DD stuff that I'd like secured...

Erethian

Its not something thats going to effect most people...but yeah its still fucking stupid.

There should be a way to disconnect from one and connect with another.
Even if they have to be placed beside each other; I don't care.

It shouldn't be 'Call Nintendo' and go through a process.

Not that it means much yet, but there is this in the system transfer FAQ on Nintendo's website.

Q: If I bought a Basic console and purchase games from the Nintendo eShop, and then buy a Deluxe console and want to transfer those games, is that possible?

A: Transferring data from one Wii U to another Wii U is not supported at this time. However, we understand that this is a feature of interest to some consumers so we are taking that into consideration and are looking into this feature.

Izick

0RAdf.jpg

liger05

So if for whatever reason your console stopped working and nintendo had to replace it you have then lost everything. That some serious BS

The Boat

Yes. I can't see any logical reason for it. Why would it be worse in the next generation of systems?
What's the logic? That's easy, they don't want people sharing a game one person bought. I have a few friends who share their PSN games for example. I don't like it (well I kinda don't care, never used my login on anyone else's console, but I can see the problem), but it's pretty easy to understand the logic behind it.

Nintendo is absolutely retarded.
I imagine them banging their head against walls, drooling on the floor while using their feces to write down their network setup.

Seriously, this is hillarious. It's idiotic beyond imagination, it defies the idea of accounts. Why the flying fuck would they do this other than complete cognitive disfunction.

There is no excuse for this.

There simply isn't.

Well MS changed their account handling as well, so maybe by the end of 2020 Nintendo will do so as well.

Holy shit this is pathethic.

I'm sure there's some way to transfer things from one Wii U to another. It might be more of a hassle (calling support) but I'm sure it's there.

Q: If I bought a Basic console and purchase games from the Nintendo eShop, and then buy a Deluxe console and want to transfer those games, is that possible?

A: Transferring data from one Wii U to another Wii U is not supported at this time. However, we understand that this is a feature of interest to some consumers so we are taking that into consideration and are looking into this feature.

Nope (at least not yet)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm sure there's some way to transfer things from one Wii U to another. It might be more of a hassle (calling support) but I'm sure it's there.
Sounds like its the way you do it on Wii.
Mail your old system and new system to Nintendo.

It shouldn't be this way at all.
These are server side accounts for a reason.

Shahed

No. They already said they'll allow you to access your account from other devices so clearly things are linked to the account not the system. All this means is that at the moment, you can't log into the same account on different systems, which sort of makes sense. How would they handle downloaded content on the system memory?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/account_your_account.jsp

Can I Log Into My Nintendo Network Account on a Different Console?
Answer:

-No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's.

-Currently, the Wii U supports up to 12 individual Nintendo Network ID's per console, which enables each member of the family to have his or her own unique identity on the system.

Hopefully they sort it out by the time I get a Wii U (probably next Christmas), otherwise it'll just like the Wii, DSi and soon to be 3DS in that I never buy anything digitally from Nintendo. Heck I was looking forward to the discount on the Deluxe but at this point I might just get a standard instead

FStop7

Banned
The more I think about this the more there has to be a way around it or it's not being explained right. Not even Nintendo can be this ass backwards.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I literally do not understand why Nintendo is so terrible as it comes to the online stuff.

Everything else that they do differently for hardware or software is for a very specific reason that has to do with how they approach either their business model or their game making philosophy.

The online stuff is just stupid in a way that I just don't understand.

Revven

GB just read into it some more and it sounds like you have to delete the Mii connected to the NNID on the console you linked it to to... switch it to another console? I don't know, it sounds really confusing. They really should patch it, it's retarded.

Toki767

GB just read into it some more and it sounds like you have to delete the Mii connected to the NNID on the console you linked it to to... switch it to another console? I don't know, it sounds really confusing. They really should patch it, it's retarded.

When you delete a Mii, it asks you if you want to delete the NNID it's connected to.

Top Bottom