• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo : buy Mario Kart 8 on the eShop or retail, get a free game

I'm getting either Monster Hunter or Pikmin 3. Can't decide!

If you are in the UK Mon Hun is significantly more expensive that Pikmin 3 and having Mon Hun installed slightly speeds up loading apparently.

I have this dilemma too as I already have Tri and love me some Pikmins but Mon Hun is the better bet from the above perspective.

MicH

If you are in the UK Mon Hun is significantly more expensive that Pikmin 3 and having Mon Hun installed slightly speeds up loading apparently.

I have this dilemma too as I already have Tri and love me some Pikmins but Mon Hun is the better bet from the above perspective.
Thanks for your suggestion. I may have to go with Monster Hunter :D

L~A

I think I'm gonna take Sonic Lost World, since it's the only game I'm interested in that I don't have yet.

69wpm

MH Tri was also heavily discounted (30€ I think) a few months back so that is something to consider. That discount might come back.

MH Tri was also heavily discounted (30€ I think) a few months back so that is something to consider. That discount might come back.

Oh was it? I knew the US had it at a really keen price discount but missed that we had it too.

Man still indecisive as I really want wind waker but I can get that cheaper then pikmin 3 which I also want :|

Better to have too many games you would like than too few :).

Will there be any sales on Wii U bundle's around E3? Getting the NSMBU Bundle then picking up this deal seems like a grand idea to jump start the collection.

zroid

Banned
Good to see they added Wii Party U to the eShop, now I know I can download it without having to worry about whether I'll get DDP credits.

openrob

So I am heavily leaning toward wind waker as I never played it before.

However I can just play this on Wii, or even better emulate it in a nice resolution.

Basically it comes down to that, lost world's or W101 (which I am renting this week), but feel WW is more value. No interest in the other games.

Now if it had 3D world or DK:TF I would be EXTREMELY happy with this promo deal.

Basically should I get Wind waker if I can play the original for cheap/free?

maxcriden

However I can just play this on Wii, or even better emulate it in a nice resolution.

Basically it comes down to that, lost world's or W101 (which I am renting this week), but feel WW is more value. No interest in the other games.

Now if it had 3D world or DK:TF I would be EXTREMELY happy with this promo deal.

Yes, because as far as I understand, it's a significant improvement on the original. Plus, you're getting this for free, too.

falconzss

Hm, I want W101 but I'd like to have a physical copy. The MoHun demo didn't do anything for me so I guess I'll choose between Pikmin 3 and NSMBU.

Is there a good website thwt I can frequent that updates me on virtual store? Do nintendo even release info?

So hard finding a decent wiiu site, hell is there a thread here dedicated too it?

Because I want to know.. nintendo do you plan on putting the gameboy advance pokemon games on the store? Or the ds ones or hell even a 3ds virtual section?
I do not plan on buying a ds or a 3ds but I'm interested in actually playing pokemon again.. and not rumble.
Does nintendo not like money? Why would they not put it on there? Not like there losing anything sales wise.
Gamecube support? N64 support? Wtf is happening?

RiggyRob

The improvements in WWHD compared to OG WW are great, well worth getting as the free game. However, for W101, you're renting it but that is a game that lends itself to a LOT of replay value, so I'd say rent W101 and consider getting that as the free game if you like it enough.

I think I'll go with NSMBU.

Same here, plus I'll be able to get NSLU digitally since I'm not bothered about getting it on disc and it'll be nice having NSMBU and NSLU in the same place.

Is there a good website thwt I can frequent that updates me on virtual store? Do nintendo even release info?

So hard finding a decent wiiu site, hell is there a thread here dedicated too it?

Because I want to know.. nintendo do you plan on putting the gameboy advance pokemon games on the store? Or the ds ones or hell even a 3ds virtual section?
I do not plan on buying a ds or a 3ds but I'm interested in actually playing pokemon again.. and not rumble.
Does nintendo not like money? Why would they not put it on there? Not like there losing anything sales wise.

This is the thread you're looking for: http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=811204

Pokemon - Highly highly highly doubt it.
Gamecube - Again very unlikely.
N64 - Day 1 on Wii. Day ???? on Wii U. It's sad really. Leaving money on the table.

WTF is happening? - Nintendo has been outright clueless this entire new generation with the Wii U. It should have launched with every single VC title on the Wii working on the Wii U. Nobody is going to go to Wii Mode, then Wii Shop, and buy a game on there.

Pokemon - Highly highly highly doubt it.
Gamecube - Again very unlikely.
N64 - Day 1 on Wii. Day ???? on Wii U. It's sad really. Leaving money on the table.

WTF is happening? - Nintendo has been outright clueless this entire new generation with the Wii U. It should have launched with every single VC title on the Wii working on the Wii U. Nobody is going to go to Wii Mode, then Wii Shop, and buy a game on there.
Pokemon.. why though? Not like there selling retail copies of gameboy advance games still, and why would they not want to sell them at 9.99 a pop? I just.. I dont... it hurts he mind..
Gamecube I understand this if they give us more hd copies but I doubt it so again easy money wtf!
64.. already on wii ..wiiu is backwards compatible how is this hard to understand?

Nintendo give me a job just so I can smack you every time you suggest something mad or dont suggest it at all.

As for missing letters , sorry the heat from my bath fucks the touch screen.

jwluther

Oh, I actually only failed at reading. I somehow missed the "or retail" part of the thread title. Whoops! Sorry.

It does seem pretty unnecessary though...

"Buy Mario Kart 8 in any of the two possible ways in which you could do so..."

Whoever said desperate Nintendo is the best Nintendo was spot on. If the Wii U was doing remotely well they wouldn't be giving a free game away for purchasing Mario Kart, a franchise that has sold a ridiculous amount over the years. I hope we start to see more freebies like this.

Thanks desperation!

MicH

I just want to chime in again and say that I'm shocked that Bergsala and NoE somehow cooperated and brought this deal to Scandinavia. NoE does not like Bergsala and have denied letting Scandinavia become part of Club Nintenfo multiple times. Hopefully this will lead to better times ahead for us Scandinavians.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I imagine that they'll send you a code for the e-shop with the game you want, so you're to sell it/give it away.
Why didn't I think of this before? I, too, already own all of the games on this offer. I wish we had Europe's list - I could really go for some Wonderful 101 or Game and Wario...

Sendou

I just want to chime in again and say that I'm shocked that Bergsala and NoE somehow cooperated and brought this deal to Scandinavia. NoE does not like Bergsala and have denied letting Scandinavia become part of Club Nintenfo multiple times. Hopefully this will lead to better times ahead for us Scandinavians.

Nintendo should man up and bring Club Nintendo to Scandinavia already. Can't believe they're being so stubborn. That said I'm loving that the deal is coming here and I'm going to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I also own Monster Hunter Tri but I'm assuming there's not much reason to go back to it if you have Ultimate?

NotLiquid

Great news to everyone in Scandinavia!

Nintend of Europe and Bergsala has somehow come together and made a deal that ensures, that us in Scandinavia also can get a free game (same list as NoE's) when we buy Mario Kart 8!

Some links:

Nintendo Sverige: http://www.nintendo.se/arkivet/2014/20140514-mk8-bonus-game-promotion

Nintendo Danmark: http://www.nintendo.dk/archive/promotions/mk8_vilkaar_betingelser

Hey, Bergsala doing something right for once.

Too bad the selection pool for me is limited between Wii Party U and Mario & Sonic. Not sure which one to go with.

oatmeal

Banned
Damn, the price of NSMBU dropped a lot.

I want to sell my physical to replace with the digital freebie here...wheres the best place to do that?

Maybe do GameStop trade in?

Jindujun

Neo Member
Nintendo should man up and bring Club Nintendo to Scandinavia already. Can't believe they're being so stubborn. That said I'm loving that the deal is coming here and I'm going to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I also own Monster Hunter Tri but I'm assuming there's not much reason to go back to it if you have Ultimate?

This isnt about Nintendo being stubborn, this is all Bergsala being stubborn.

And yes, Ultimate makes Tri obsolete

I already own all the NA games except Wii Party U.... I guess I'll get that, unless one of the other games has high resale value right now.

Top Bottom