• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

zroid

Banned
I want Super Mario RPG to be one of the first batch of VC games on Wii U. Fingers crossed!

Super Mario RPG is a game which has me by the balls like no other. If there's one game they could easily get away with charging me $8 to buy it again on Wii U, it's that. Thankfully it'll only be $1.50.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hey guys,

I have a balance of about 2000 Wii Shop points, does anyone know if i should use them or if anything exciting still remains to be released on the Wii store?

Or is it all but dead and Wii U only now?

thx!

No Wiiware titles on the horizon, only VC ones which are mostly (cool) Neo-Geo games.
Have you bought La~Mulana yet? Best game on Wiiware. Hell, it's one of the top games on any DD shops for the entire gen.

rjc571

Banned
Hey guys,

I have a balance of about 2000 Wii Shop points, does anyone know if i should use them or if anything exciting still remains to be released on the Wii store?

Or is it all but dead and Wii U only now?

thx!

I'm still holding out hope for Pulstar and/or Blazing Star to come out for the Virtual Console, but for some reason they only seem interested in putting out Neo Geo fighting games.

On the Wiiware side, Descent hasn't officially been cancelled yet and I suppose Rush Rush Rally Racing could theoretically still come out in the US (it was released in Europe last year), but I wouldn't count on either of them happening.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lack of Super Scope 6 games have been my main complaint with Wii VC. Battle Clash and Metal Combat (i.e. Battle Clash II) being at the top of that list with Super Scope 6 and Yoshi's Safari.

It really boggles the mind because it would have been an easy point of entry for gamers new to gaming with the Wii to check out the VC. Since it wouldn't require learning a new control paradigm. You could even give it a brand, like "Wii Remote Classics" or something.

jgkspsx

Is escapeVektor any good? I know it had a following on Wii, but I never bought it or really saw the appeal.

Will buy Castlevania. Poor, poor Castlevania.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For Crimson Shroud, there's a good amount of story and it's all written really well, as far as video game writing goes anyway. Really has character to it. Not the typical coming of age, sad hero JRPG nonsense. Alexander O. Smith worked on the localization and did a stand up job if you ask me. You can occasionally pick a dialogue choice but it doesn't really seem to affect the way the story plays out from what I experienced. Not entirely sure, but definitely no Mass Effect.

The combat mechanics are really deep and fun in and of itself for a change, which is good because when you're not in a dialogue/narrative scene, you're pretty much fighting dudes all the time. The dice roll stuff is pretty fun. Instead of it happening behind the scenes, you're doing it yourself which is pretty neat and adds a dynamic layer to even the more basic stuff. Apart from that it's relatively standard turn-based battle fare.

Haven't finished it, but I hear it's around eight or so hours and it has a new game+, if you're into that.

Played the Denpa Men demo and something about it just didn't click with me. Perhaps it's not representative of the full game, but the combat was pretty lackluster and without an interesting story or overworld there's not much else to find enjoyment in. I hear people really liked it though, so don't take my word for it.

Thanks man, I think I'll download Crimson Shroud and going for the probably more unique experience. Will get Denpamen at a later point or once the second game is available.

zroid

Banned
People tend to draw a lot of comparisons between Denpa Men and Dragon Quest. Just, if it were all dungeons. The whole central mechanic is pretty darn cool too. I never ended up buying it, but always intended to. However, since the sequel seems to not be far off from its Western release now, I'm probably going to hold off till then. Apparently it's a vast improvement.

cw_sasuke

People tend to draw a lot of comparisons between Denpa Men and Dragon Quest. Just, if it were all dungeons. The whole central mechanic is pretty darn cool too. I never ended up buying it, but always intended to. However, since the sequel seems to not be far off from its Western release now, I'm probably going to hold off till then. Apparently it's a vast improvement.
Thats what i figured too so will wait for the 2nd game :)

TakeMyGun

Neo Member
This week in Europe

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

IDEAME Celebration Sale
Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - €8.49/£6.99 (Ends April 30, normally €16.99/£13.99)
The Cave (SEGA) - €8.99/£7.99 (Ends April 25, normally €12.99/£9.99)
Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes) - €13.49/£11.69 (Ends April 25, normally €14.99/£12.99)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends April 25, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) - €7.49/£6.75 (Ends April 25, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.99/£5.99 (End April 25, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Puddle (Neko Entertainment) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends May 2nd, normally €9.99/£8.99)

The Croods: Prehistoric Party! (Namco Bandai Games) - €44.99/£35.99

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

IDEAME Celebration Sale
Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends April 25, normally €8.99/£8.09)
Mighty Switch Force! (WayForward) - €4.49/£4.09 (Ends April 25, normally €5.99/£5.39)
Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends April 25, normally €6.99/£6.29)
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH (Shin'en Multimedia) - €3.49/£3.19 (Ends April 25, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Gunman Clive (Horberg Productions) - €1.49/£1.49 (Ends April 25, normally €1.99/£1.99)
Dress To Play: Cute Witches! (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends April 25, normally €3.99/£3.59)

The Croods: Prehistoric Party! (Namco Bandai Games) - €34.99/£27.99

Cats and Dogs 3D: Pets at Play (TREVA Entertainment) - €29.99/£24.99

Nintendo DSiWare

Clash of Elementalists - €4.99/£4.49/500 Points

serplux

This week in Europe

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

IDEAME Celebration Sale
Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - €8.49/£6.99 (Ends April 30, normally €16.99/£13.99)
The Cave (SEGA) - €8.99/£7.99 (Ends April 25, normally €12.99/£9.99)
Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes) - €13.49/£11.69 (Ends April 25, normally €14.99/£12.99)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends April 25, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) - €7.49/£6.75 (Ends April 25, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.99/£5.99 (End April 25, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Puddle (Neko Entertainment) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends May 2nd, normally, normally €9.99/£8.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

IDEAME Celebration Sale
Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends April 25, normally €8.99/£8.09)
Mighty Switch Force! (WayForward) - €4.49/£4.09 (Ends April 25, normally €5.99/£5.39)
Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends April 25, normally €6.99/£6.29)
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH (Shin'en Multimedia) - €3.49/£3.19 (Ends April 25, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Gunman Clive (Horberg Productions) - €1.49/£1.49 (Ends April 25, normally €1.99/£1.99)
Dress To Play: Cute Witches! (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends April 25, normally €3.99/£3.59)

The Croods: Prehistoric Party! (Namco Bandai Games) - €34.99/£27.99

Cats and Dogs 3D: Pets at Play (TREVA Entertainment) - €29.99/£24.99

Nintendo DSiWare

Shit, is this a coordinated sales effort by a bunch of indies? 'Cause that's awesome.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Deals for IDEAME? YEAH!
And there's a news: Gunman Clive at 1.49 means that there's SERIOUSLY freedom. It's lower than the supposed 1.99 lower limit.

cw_sasuke

Not to bitch again, but these sales don't do much for me. Sounds like most game cost as much as they should to begin with. When it comes to sale you better go hard or home.... Charging 1-2€ less wont make much difference for these kind of games I think.

Still it's something, especially for Nintendo.

GRW810

Holy moly, those sales! Great price for Trine 2; part of me regrets paying a tenner at launch but for the extra £3 I've had the chance to complete it by now. Brilliant game.

Mutant Mudds for me, definitely. GAF, do I take advantage of the Nano Assault Neo discount or get Assault on 3DS? Which is the better game?

Phoenixus

Holy moly, those sales! Great price for Trine 2; part of me regrets paying a tenner at launch but for the extra £3 I've had the chance to complete it by now. Brilliant game.

Mutant Mudds for me, definitely. GAF, do I take advantage of the Nano Assault Neo discount or get Assault on 3DS? Which is the better game?

Depends on what you're after. Neo is the more Arcadey/lengthy stages of the two whilst EX has more of a story basis with bitesize missions and extra modes. Both have online leaderboard support so they last a while. EX is my personal preference. :)

Good sales this week, shame I already own nearly all of them. :p

also

Banned
So NoE think a sale means they don't have to update with anything new? Superb.

I see 4 new games :p
They probably don't want to take away the spotlight from the sale.

Not to bitch again, but these sales don't do much for me. Sounds like most game cost as much as they should to begin with. When it comes to sale you better go hard or home.... Charging 1-2€ less wont make much difference for these kind of games I think.

Developers set their prices and sales, this has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Robin64

Looks pretty new to me.

:|

There are Ambassador NES games that haven't even come out yet. Couldn't they just pop one of those up at least?

cw_sasuke

Atmej said:
Developers set their prices and sales, this has nothing to do with Nintendo.
On WiiU maybe, but on the 3DS eShop their are still pricing recommendations and its not 100 percent up to devs I think.

At the end it doesn't matter who is in charge, I just think these sales should be more aggressive on the 3DS at least. Something like a Deal of the Week with a 50 percent reduction would be nice. Probably also wouldn't hurt to launch a friggin account system on the platform. What happened to the plans being able to access the eShop via PC browsers or smartphones ?

m0t0k1

:|

There are Ambassador NES games that haven't even come out yet. Couldn't they just pop one of those up at least?

Yeah i am pretty sad they didnt port over any old ambassadors games. I also hope to see some GBA games on the eshop. Maybe they announce it at e3.

edit: Clash of the Elementist looks pretty cool try to look into it

Erethian

On WiiU maybe, but on the 3DS eShop their are still pricing recommendations and its not 100 percent up to devs I think.

At the end it doesn't matter who is in charge, I just think these sales should be more aggressive on the 3DS at least. Something like a Deal of the Week with a 50 percent reduction would be nice. Probably also wouldn't hurt to launch a friggin account system on the platform. What happened to the plans being able to access the eShop via PC browsers or smartphones ?

Third parties also have full price control over their titles in the 3DS eShop, at least in Europe.

Tyeforce

Yeah i am pretty sad they didnt port over any old ambassadors games. I also hope to see some GBA games on the eshop. Maybe they announce it at e3.
At this point, with GBA games announced for Wii U Virtual Console, I don't think the 3DS is ever going to get GBA games unfortunately.

I think it might be because Nintendo may not be able to emulate the games to their satisfaction on the 3DS (I don't think they'd want to release GBA games on the eShop to purchase in the same state that they were released to Ambassadors, with many disabled features due to running in DS/GBA mode, not emulated in native 3DS mode).

CoolS

Except that Nintendo has nothing to do with the pricing or these sales.

Edit: beaten like an old horse

also

Banned

''In europe they've just changed to a new system where I can set the price and release date myself and do sales (though there's not much room for lowering the price on Gunman Clive). I'm not sure if/when they'll change to the new system in the US, so it's still Nintendo who'll decide the price there, but hopefully they'll use the price I requested. ''
-Beril, 2012.12.08

IIRC, NoA has since then updated their 3DS eShop policies too.

EDIT: Also, people should definitely buy Gunman Clive. It was already a steal at 1,99.

m0t0k1

At this point, with GBA games announced for Wii U Virtual Console, I don't think the 3DS is ever going to get GBA games unfortunately.

I think it might be because Nintendo may not be able to emulate the games to their satisfaction on the 3DS (I don't think they'd want to release GBA games on the eShop to purchase in the same state that they were released to Ambassadors, with many disabled features due to running in DS/GBA mode, not emulated in native 3DS mode).

Aww that is pretty sad to hear. Was looking forward to having some more portable fire emblem :(

Errr if Nintendo can't get a good GBA emulator running on the 3DS in 2013... they're idiots.

cw_sasuke

Except that Nintendo has nothing to do with the pricing or these sales.

Edit: beaten like an old horse

Third parties also have full price control over their titles in the 3DS eShop, at least in Europe.

Where did i even mentioned that Nintendo is forcing these prices on 3rd party devs ? It was a general message that i dont think that these kind of price drop are very effective to attract people who dont already intended buying a specific game. Especially some older titles could need a permanent price reduction when a new iteration is about to be released.

also

Banned
Where did i even mentioned that Nintendo is forcing these prices on 3rd party devs ? It was a general message that i dont think that these kind of price drop are very effective to attract people who dont already intended buying a specific game. Especially some older titles could need a permanent price reduction when a new iteration is about to be released.

Well, you did say: ''Still it's something, especially for Nintendo.''

And there have been permanent price reductions, both retail and digital only:
Little Inferno 14,99->9,99

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth €29.99/£23.99 (Was €49.99/£39.99)
Rabbids Land - €29.99/£23.99 (Was €49.99/£39.99)
Sports Connection - €29.99/£23.99 (Was €49.99/£39.99)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 - €29.99/£23.99 (Was €49.99/£39.99)

cw_sasuke

Well, you did say: ''Still it's something, especially for Nintendo.''

Which is true - Nintendo just lately started with sales and its still lackluster against sales initiatives on other platforms, though they are on the right track. Might not be fair to compare the eShop to Steam or iOS - but thats where customers are spending their money in sales, even for titles that didnt interested the before.

Erm change of topic,
do PAL gamers get double Club Nintendo star points for downloading RE Mercenaries or Revelations off the eShop ?

Jackano

I will give a try to this little inferno thing I think.

I've the feeling that every single game since launch have seen price cuts now, except MH3U and Lego City of course. From nothing to this, I think it is kinda strange.

wsippel

Banned
iDÉAME 2013 is this week? Nice. We'll probably get some news and announcements out of it. The speakers this year:

Alex Neuse (Gaijin Games)
Mike Roush (Gaijin Games)
Alex Zoro (Pixel Toys)
Andy Tudor (Slightly Mad Studios)
Antonis Pelekanos (Nicalis)
Tyrone Rodriguez (Nicalis)
Arturo Monedero (Delirium)
Bertil Hörberg (Hörberg Productions)
Carlos Garcia (Anima Project)
Cedric Bache (Neko)
Clemens Scott (Broken Rules)
Dan Adelman (Nintendo)
Elias Xango (Escuela JOSO de Barcelona)
Francisco Molla (Shanblue)
Francisco Tellez (EnjoyUp)
Julio Moruno (EnjoyUp)
Jordan Fisher (Pwnee Studios)
José Manuel Íñiguez (Akaoni Studios)
Martin Sauter (Shin'en Multimedia)
Martjin Reuvers (Two Tribes)
Mikael Haveri (Frozenbyte)
Nacho Garcia (Abylight)
Natascha Roosli (RockPocketGames)
Rhodri Broadbent (Dakko Dakko)
Tulio Gonçalvez (Watermelon)

daxy

What is up with the slowdowns in Mega Man 3? Is this bad emulation or are they trying to be authentic when everything turns to bullet time with more than two enemies on screen.

tolkir

iDÉAME 2013 is this week? Nice. We'll probably get some news and announcements out of it. The speakers this year:

Alex Neuse (Gaijin Games)
Mike Roush (Gaijin Games)
Alex Zoro (Pixel Toys)
Andy Tudor (Slightly Mad Studios)
Antonis Pelekanos (Nicalis)
Tyrone Rodriguez (Nicalis)
Arturo Monedero (Delirium)
Bertil Hörberg (Hörberg Productions)
Carlos Garcia (Anima Project)
Cedric Bache (Neko)
Clemens Scott (Broken Rules)
Dan Adelman (Nintendo)
Elias Xango (Escuela JOSO de Barcelona)
Francisco Molla (Shanblue)
Francisco Tellez (EnjoyUp)
Julio Moruno (EnjoyUp)
Jordan Fisher (Pwnee Studios)
José Manuel Íñiguez (Akaoni Studios)
Martin Sauter (Shin'en Multimedia)
Martjin Reuvers (Two Tribes)
Mikael Haveri (Frozenbyte)
Nacho Garcia (Abylight)
Natascha Roosli (RockPocketGames)
Rhodri Broadbent (Dakko Dakko)
Tulio Gonçalvez (Watermelon)

Here more info

wsippel

Banned
Oh hey, beril's speaking. :D Perhaps we'll get a few new game announcements for the eShops like last year too.
I'm sure we will, though it's probably way too early for beril's new game. Shin'en's racer and whatever Frozenbyte is working on might get revealed I guess.

Top Bottom