• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2015

TheMoon

Human Resource Machine is nice. Not sure how much a non-programmer would appreciate it though, since it's basically assembly programming: the game. The way the representative things is pretty visual, so there's a decent chance that you could enjoy it as a puzzle game even if you aren't familiar with programming concepts.

Have you played SpaceChem? Is it comparable to that in that way?

Pokemaniac

Have you played SpaceChem? Is it comparable to that in that way?

Haven't played that. Based on what I can find, there are some similarities in structure, but SpaceChem seems to be, at it's core, about chemistry. Human Resource Machine is about pure programming problems, and the commands you're given are basically "classic" assembly instructions made a bit more visual.

TheMoon

Haven't played that. Based on what I can find, there are some similarities in structure, but SpaceChem seems to be, at it's core, about chemistry. Human Resource Machine is about pure programming problems, and the commands you're given are basically "classic" assembly instructions made a bit more visual.

The structure and general idea is what I meant, yea. Of course SpaceChem is about chemistry but I imagine HRM is the equivalent for programming. SpaceChem uses the elements from the periodic table and makes you construct "assembly lines" that put them together into the required constructions. Thus it's more loosely based on chemistry and doesn't use any actual chemistry. Creating logical statements using visual representations of programming commands sounds quite similar to me. For some reason I want to avoid watching gameplay of HRM lol. No reason why but I just want to go in blind with this game out of all of them haha.

Pokemaniac

The structure and general idea is what I meant, yea. Of course SpaceChem is about chemistry but I imagine HRM is the equivalent for programming. SpaceChem uses the elements from the periodic table and makes you construct "assembly lines" that put them together into the required constructions. Thus it's more loosely based on chemistry and doesn't use any actual chemistry. Creating logical statements using visual representations of programming commands sounds quite similar to me. For some reason I want to avoid watching gameplay of HRM lol. No reason why but I just want to go in blind with this game out of all of them haha.

Human Resource Machine is a bit closer to writing assembly for a visual representation of a CPU. The code itself isn't hugely visual (it is more visual than real assembly, but it is still basically just a list of instructions with some arrows to help you), but the instructions are presented as actions that the on screen character will take.

TheMoon

Human Resource Machine is a bit closer to writing assembly for a visual representation of a CPU. The code itself isn't hugely visual (it is more visual than real assembly, but it is still basically just a list of instructions with some arrows to help you), but the instructions are presented as actions that the on screen character will take.

The hilarious thing is that I really dislike programming (was forced to take a Java and C++ class at Uni) but this game totally excites me.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Picked up Freedom Planet, I'll start it tomorrow! But...I'd like to know more about One Piece: Unlimited World Red. 9.99 for the 3DS version is tempting, is it good for that price?

GulAtiCa

Nintendo IARC is a go!!! As a indie dev, I am so excited. Along with my next 2 games (both early 2016), now going back and releasing ZaciSa in AU! :)

Mpl90

Nintendo IARC is a go!!! As a indie dev, I am so excited. Along with my next 2 games (both early 2016), now going back and releasing ZaciSa in AU! :)

S-so, it starts this Friday?
M-megaton.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I suppose it's contained in the dev section of the new portal, correct?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH RIGHT, Freedom Planet. Might as well buy that tomorrow when I get my paycheck so I can get the discount for having the demo.

......though I wonder, should I just wait for a sale to happen, considering my backlog?

GulAtiCa

Keep in mind, though this is opening now, games will take a little while to be released, since will have to be rated 1st and go through lotcheck again/etc. But now it doesn't cost anything. :)

As a New Zealander sadly missing a lot of cool indie games because of the region I have my 3DS set to.... I welcome this possible change with cautious optimism.

Etria

As a New Zealander sadly missing a lot of cool indie games because of the region I have my 3DS set to.... I welcome this possible change with cautious optimism.

It can only be a good thing! More indies will dip their toes into the AU/NZ eShop, and I fully welcome that :D
(Sorry to hear that you set your 3DS region already. I have been holding off from doing that because I want the freedom of switching between different regions. Those eShop prices on retail games... *sigh*.)

Yo how're One Piece Red and PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2? I'm tempted by their prices :X
Picked up Freedom Planet, I'll start it tomorrow! But...I'd like to know more about One Piece: Unlimited World Red. 9.99 for the 3DS version is tempting, is it good for that price?
I haven't played One Piece Unlimited World Red but did play the other games in the Unlimited series and they were a lot of fun, specially the Unlimited Cruise games. They're basically beat em ups with light RPG stuff, like leveling up and item collecting and crafting. Like in most of these games, things might get a bit repetitive at times, but there are a lot of playable characters with their own combos and abilities, plus a lot of service for One Piece fans like me. The animations, character models and voices (in Japanese, at least) are fantastic. The music is nice as well. Ganbarion is the developer and they are cool in my book for making the Jump Ultimate Stars games on DS and Pandora's Tower for Wii. They have a knack for making games that "feel right" to play.

Again, I haven't played this particular game but it seems to be very similar to the previous games in the series, only bigger and very possibly better. For that price, I say yeah, go for it, specially if you like One Piece as much as you should.

daydream

Banned
asked circle and ludosity on twitter if they'd consider releasing their games in germany now that usk can be circumvented. not expecting them to wise up so i'm interested to see what excuse they'll come up with

TheMoon

asked circle and ludosity on twitter if they'd consider releasing their games in germany now that usk can be circumvented. not expecting them to wise up so i'm interested to see what excuse they'll come up with

+1 ... I've given up on Ludosity since they never even seem to reply.

Mpl90

Keep in mind, though this is opening now, games will take a little while to be released, since will have to be rated 1st and go through lotcheck again/etc. But now it doesn't cost anything. :)

What? You can't get your already-released games in Australia/New Zealand right now? How dare you to even trying to release them. Shame on you.

Seriously, though, as I asked earlier: is the new certification a recent update in the brand new Nintendo Dev Portal as I suppose?

GulAtiCa

What? You can't get your already-released games in Australia/New Zealand right now? How dare you to even trying to release them. Shame on you.

Seriously, though, as I asked earlier: is the new certification a recent update in the brand new Nintendo Dev Portal as I suppose?
Unrelated to that. Just something that has been in the works and just paid off

Tizoc

I haven't played One Piece Unlimited World Red but did play the other games in the Unlimited series and they were a lot of fun, specially the Unlimited Cruise games. They're basically beat em ups with light RPG stuff, like leveling up and item collecting and crafting. Like in most of these games, things might get a bit repetitive at times, but there are a lot of playable characters with their own combos and abilities, plus a lot of service for One Piece fans like me. The animations, character models and voices (in Japanese, at least) are fantastic. The music is nice as well. Ganbarion is the developer and they are cool in my book for making the Jump Ultimate Stars games on DS and Pandora's Tower for Wii. They have a knack for making games that "feel right" to play.

Again, I haven't played this particular game but it seems to be very similar to the previous games in the series, only bigger and very possibly better. For that price, I say yeah, go for it, specially if you like One Piece as much as you should.

Thanks now I just need impressions of Pacman 2.

TheMoon

Apparently RE4 Wii really cannot be played with the GamePad buttons, despite supporting the Classic Controller. No clue how they could mess this up. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128585&page=5

The eShop page also doesn't even mention the GamePad. This is so annoyingly bizarre. Plus there's the fact that no German outlets are reporting on whether this really is the version missing Ada's Assignment and Mercenaries again or not. I mean it's a safe bet to assume that it is but there's that tiny glimmer of a chance... I'd just like someone who covers games anyway and thus doesn't have to fire their moneyz into the ether for this to confirm.

GulAtiCa

Isn't RE4 Wii just Wiimote + Nunchuk only?

Who would even choose the inferior gamepad controllers over the vastly superior pointer controls?

Phoenixus

Apparently RE4 Wii really cannot be played with the GamePad buttons, despite supporting the Classic Controller. No clue how they could mess this up. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128585&page=5

The eShop page also doesn't even mention the GamePad. This is so annoyingly bizarre. Plus there's the fact that no German outlets are reporting on whether this really is the version missing Ada's Assignment and Mercenaries again or not. I mean it's a safe bet to assume that it is but there's that tiny glimmer of a chance... I'd just like someone who covers games anyway and thus doesn't have to fire their moneyz into the ether for this to confirm.

It's definitely the version with those two modes, I saw them on the extras menu when scrolling around.

TheMoon

It's definitely the version with those two modes, I saw them on the extras menu when scrolling around.

You bought it on the German eShop?

Who would even choose the inferior gamepad controllers over the vastly superior pointer controls?

No he's not. RE4 supports the Classic Controller and the GCN controller. But it's not listed on the box.

Even the eShop page mentions CC support. They just fucked up the GamePad support here.

foltzie1

While I agree Wiimote and nunchuck are best for RE4 it supported CC and GCN controller. It would be weird if it didn't support Gamepad input.

GulAtiCa

Interesting, never knew RE4Wii supported CCpro & Gamecube. Neat.

Edit: Human Resource Machine is very fun! This programmer gives it:
Grab 1 from In
Put 1 in Slot1
Grab 1 from In
Add Slot1
Put 2 in Out
Thumbs up!

Top Bottom