• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Ending Wi-Fi Connection Worldwide on May 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Okay, got the baseline stuff. Don't think I'm going to be crazy enough to get multiple carts for all the Picross DLC (also, just realized, can't you theoretically just recreate any of those puzzles via puzzle creator? You lose the surprise of course and you'd thus have to figure out a way to keep yourself from ruining them, but still...)

So, questions on a couple games and DLC I didn't see mentioned:
Do the Mega Man Star Force games have anything?

With Pokemon Conquest: how good is the DLC, and do you need to progress in the game to download it? I don't own the game, thus making this a tough choice on whether or not it's worth hunting down to grab stuff.

Ni no Kuni DS: I own it, but do is there DLC, and if so do I need to progress in the game to grab it? Same for Luminous Arc 3 and Super Robot Wars OG Saga Endless Frontier: Exceed (AKA worried about my Japan only DS games I haven't dug into yet).

So I guess all the downloadable puzzles from older Professor Layton titles will be gone, huh?
Without an action replay, yes.

Btw, while you have to access a save to reach the extras menu it will be unlocked for all save files once the puzzles are downloaded.

ChrisD

I wanted to enjoy Mario Kart Wii in these final days, I really did.

Unfortunately Funky Kong on the Flame Runner caught on like a wildfire fueled by monkeys. At least two or three per game. And don't even get me started on the people who vote for Grumble Volcano repeatedly just to abuse the glitch.

What a lame way to sour the whole mood.

Boogiepop

Just looked around online, and it seems like the Pokemon Conquest dlc can all be unlocked via an in-game password? If so I guess I don't need to worry about that one, so that's good.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Getting close ta finishing my goal of beating all the online PSØ quests on normal difficulty. Forget the others since I'm solo! Info on these & the games online mode are super poorly documented btw. If the online quests & rewards are the same as in local multi-player then at least no infos gonna be permenantly lost, I think.

Just looked around online, and it seems like the Pokemon Conquest dlc can all be unlocked via an in-game password? If so I guess I don't need to worry about that one, so that's good.
Is that so?? The DLC was pulled offline long before I even knew there was any for it! Like, they prolly had it up for like the games first year... if even that much. -.-;

Firestorm

I forgot how much Pokemon's online system sucked until I played it again today for a tournament sending off the 5th generation of games:

[12:11] <Cypher> going online
[12:13] <Firestorm> online
[12:14] <Cypher> I'm requesting a battle
[12:14] <Firestorm> i couldn't see you
[12:14] <Firestorm> disconnected and will come back on
[12:14] <Cypher> I saw you though

If anyone wants to nostalgia my friend is streaming his battles: http://www.twitch.tv/bearsfan092

Ugh, I want to get that one secret star in Mega Man Starforce 3 that requires you to fight a boss that only appears after playing 20 random online matches in a row but the online was very very dead the last time I tried to do it.

Is there anyone that could help me do this?

M2uJ2lg.png

It still hasn't set in that after tomorrow, I can't just pop in a random DS game and play online (not that I could anyway, due to the outdated security stuff)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I've spent the past 4 hours installing custom firmware for my router and trying to mirror+capture all Wii traffic on my PC, but it doesn't seem like I'm capturing anything correctly. The guides on savenintendowifi range from vague to useless. Anyone here had any luck with this?

Also, has there been a copious amount of snide remarks about how cloud gaming is so totally the future? 'Cause there should be.

Do we know precisely at what time WFC will be shutdown?

I've spent the past 4 hours installing custom firmware for my router and trying to mirror+capture all Wii traffic on my PC, but it doesn't seem like I'm capturing anything correctly. The guides on savenintendowifi range from vague to useless. Anyone here had any luck with this?

Also, has there been a copious amount of snide remarks about how cloud gaming is so totally the future? 'Cause there should be.

Ask for help on the gbatemp thread or on Wiimm's private server project forum.

Riposte

What is being done to preserve DLC content? I know that some DS stuff is tied to save files, so it is a matter of backing up those files.

GooeyHeat

It's quite a shame that we are about to live in a world where Street Fighter X Tekken is playable online, but Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars isn't.

R.I.P. Capcom's best fighter of the past generation.

i-Jest

It's quite a shame that we are about to live in a world where Street Fighter X Tekken is playable online, but Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars isn't.

R.I.P. Capcom's best fighter of the past generation.

ou'd think because it's a Capcom fighter they host it on there own serve like Street Fighter VI. Wait, does Capcom have it's own dedicated serve for the Sf VI games?

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Jumped online on MKWii for a while tonight, immediately surrounded by six Funky Kongs, went from 1st to 9th on Rainbow Road after a blue shell and an army of Mega Mushrooms, stars, etc... Still, will miss it haha.

eggwolio

ou'd think because it's a Capcom fighter they host it on there own serve like Street Fighter VI. Wait, does Capcom have it's own dedicated serve for the Sf VI games?

Finally, someone who can tell us all what's next for Nintendo! What is the future like? When do our cars start flying? Did capcom ultimately decide that ultra mega ssfiv should be called ssfv or are you from such a far off future that ssfv has already come and gone?

I have so many questions!

Just finished downloading all the puzzles from layton ,songs from Jam with the band and WarioWare DIY games.

Didn't get the Final Fantasy 3 DS Onion Knight ,though. (haven't even started the game yet thanks to backlog). I believe you need a Wi-fi connection for that ,no?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Downloaded my 50 Jam with the Band tracks. I was just downloading whatever in the end. I'll probably not even play them much in the end.

Roo

I wanted to play some online Mario Kart Wii today but then I saw I had 9999VR and 9999BR then I scrapped the idea. I want to say goodbye to the servers with a perfect score.
I wouldn't mind any other day but I don't have enough time to get them back in case I lose some points :p

Downloaded my 50 Jam with the Band tracks. I was just downloading whatever in the end. I'll probably not even play them much in the end.
I downloaded the Nindori stuff and then top 100 rated songs (like all 20 of them i.e. only 20 songs 3 or more people rated...what a bomba) then random stuff in the chart.

I then found out I missed Baby Park MKDD (I would have thought it would be under nindori). Oh well.

Erekiddo

Do I need to be at a certain part in the Layton games to download the puzzles or can I do it from the start menu? I finished Curious Village, haven't started the other two yet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I downloaded the Nindori stuff and then top 100 rated songs (like all 20 of them i.e. only 20 songs 3 or more people rated...what a bomba) then random stuff in the chart.

I then found out I missed Baby Park MKDD (I would have thought it would be under nindori). Oh well.
I thought I'd try and get a healthy mix so I only downloaded about half the Nintendo stuff (well I didn't need three arrangements of the SMB theme).

Even downloaded the song listed at the very end, Get Down On It.

I think you can do it immediately.

It requires a save file, so you have to play the game until it lets you create a file.

So I bought Fire Emblem and totally forgot to start playing it for the WFC weapons...if I went crazy tonight would I be able to get it, or should I consider it a lost cause at this point?

i-Jest

Finally, someone who can tell us all what's next for Nintendo! What is the future like? When do our cars start flying? Did capcom ultimately decide that ultra mega ssfiv should be called ssfv or are you from such a far off future that ssfv has already come and gone?

I have so many questions!

Haha you caught me. Made a mistake. Meant SF IV.

Wanted to get some trades done in Black 2 today. GTS is busy as fuck. Keep getting the 13274 error code. So annoying.

ffdgh

Making some last minute pokecheck clones of my legends from black/2 for pokebank. Wanna have enough to last me.

gar3

I just tried on my home router, the local library, and McDonald's. All three without any security of any kind. I could connect the system via the router but not from the router to the Wi-Fi Connection on the system or any of the games I tried. Doesn't look promising for me at least. Typing in the error code stated the Wi-Fi Connection might be down for maintenance and to try again later :-/

gar3

I plan to wake up at 4am E.S.T. tomorrow morning and try again after the West Coast has hopefully already gone to bed to knockout my remaining DS downloads. These error codes are frustrating but understandable I guess. It's my fault for waiting until the last second, obviously.

jholmes

Hooray!
The extra copy of Made in Ore (the JP version of WarioWare DIY) I ordered on eBay showed up yesterday so I was able to secure all of the DLC microgames between two carts. :)

That's commitment! Especially when you consider that the microgames can be shared across regions. But I just adore that game, so colour me jealous.

i-Jest

If for instance I want to re-download my Just Dance DLC, would it still be possible after the shut down?

My advice, get all the DLC you've bought over the years onto your console pronto. Invest in some external memory. SD cars, external HD's, a super computer, etc. You'll be glad you did. Chances are that content won't ever appear again, if not for a very long time, after it's gone

Retronix

My advice, get all the DLC you've bought over the years onto your console pronto. Invest in some external memory. SD cars, external HD's, a super computer, etc. You'll be glad you did. Chances are that content won't ever appear again, if not for a very long time, after it's gone

I love this company.

FyreWulff

If for instance I want to re-download my Just Dance DLC, would it still be possible after the shut down?

If you paid for Just Dance's DLC with Wii points, you'll still be able to get it after the shutdown. Wii Shop functionality is not affected by the shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom