• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirShandy

Yeah, and? "A look" doesn't sound like the whole thing will be dedicated to Switch. I'm definitely expecting talk about 3DS games, especially being close to releasing the 2DS XL.

They've also done stuff like that before where they say a direct will show Switch games and then they do also show a lot of 3DS stuff.

I think the fact that they distinguish between Switch games for the Spotlight, and Switch and 3DS games for the treehouse is notable.

Has there been a Nintendo Direct recently? The only Direct I'm aware of was the Pokémon Direct today from TPC/Game Freak, where they announced a couple of old games in new paint?

BTW, my uncle at Nintendo said that the Nintendo Spotlight at E3 will only focus on ARMS and MK 8 Deluxe.

we just had a nintendo direct for switch and 3ds last month

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
5 minutes Mario.
3 minutes Rabbids.
5 minutes Xenoblade.
5 minutes Splatoon and ARMS.
3 minutes Skyrim.
5 minutes Pokken/Ultra.

What else could they announce in 4 minutes?
I don't thing they're gonna spend that long on Skyrim nor will they spend time on Pokemon Ultra Sun. The latter will likely be saved for the Treehouse as they mentioned they will talk about Switch stuff during the spotlight.

AAK

Sony's or MS's conferences would be around the same ballpark too if they didn't spend time on 3rd parties, orchestras, celebrity guests, developer monologues, non-game services, and reveals of games that are 3 years away from release.

I like it this way better, more direct. All killer no filler.

hughesta

Banned
y'all are being ridiculous

they'll probably be showing:

trailer for ARMS
trailer for Splatoon 2
trailer/release date for Xenoblade Chronicles
trailer/release date for Fire Emblem Warriors
trailer/release date for Super Mario Odyssey
Indie Showcase
3DS stuff

I can't imagine all that taking more than 20 minutes. That leaves around 10 minutes for new announcements. We already have a ton of games hitting 2017, and the new announcements will probably just be little teases that they can expand on with Directs throughout the year, and in their big 2018 January Direct. Nintendo doesn't have to spend a bunch of time showing gameplay demos, that's what Treehouse is for.

Calm down.

me0wish

5 min Mario Odyssey
5 min for Splatoon 2 and ARMS trailer (They're going to do it, don't fool yourself)
3-5 min on Mario x Rabbids
5 mins on Indies (As a refresher from last indie direct)
5 mins on 3rd Party (That we already know of)
2-5 mins on Fire Emblem Warriors.

This is it.

Prove me wrong Nintendo.

I'd say 4 minutes max for each game, you didn't even add Xenoblade and Pikmin 4 to the mix. I doubt we'll have no surprise(s) or a Zelda remake of some sort.

Removing 3DS, 30 minutes sounds perfectly fine, gaf is overreacting as usual due to insane expectations.

entremet

I like this.

I don't how y'all can take long ass press conference. Give me a well edited showcase without fluff and fanboy nonsense.

Mediking

What about the old legendary leak from Serkan Toto or whoever that said that Bamco had like SEVERAL Switch games in development? Toto pushed Smash on Switch hard this year but I doubt its happening in 2017.

DBZ Xenoverse is one right? Is Pokken on Switch another?

Plum

5 minutes Mario.
3 minutes Rabbids.
5 minutes Xenoblade.
5 minutes Splatoon and ARMS.
3 minutes Skyrim.
5 minutes Pokken/Ultra.

What else could they announce in 4 minutes?

What's with the over-inflated times? E3 2014 had the longer interviews but it also had brand new games announced or known games detailed in short, 2-3 minute trailers. Is everyone forgetting about the Treehouse and smaller Directs?

I really don't see them announcing something we haven't seen before, so I think the 30 minutes will be split between Mario Odyssey, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Zelda DLC, Fire Emblem Warriors, Pokken, and Mario X Rabbids. Honestly if these were all surprise announcements this would be considered a really strong showing, but the no surprise factor will probably mean meltdowns in here. lol

I'm expecting 30 minutes of Magikarp Jump gameplay, this way I won't be disappointed.
tenor.gif

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I'm standing by with what I said last month. No 2018 games will be announced next week
Yeah, I second this. I don't see anything else being announced for this year that is not a port.

takriel

What's with the over-inflated times? E3 2014 had the longer interviews but it also had brand new games announced or known games detailed in short, 2-3 minute trailers. Is everyone forgetting about the Treehouse and smaller Directs?
See my updated post with even more games they need to talk about...

There's not much time for new game announcements in 30 minutes.

XandBosch

They flew through that direct that highlighted Arms and Splatoon or whatever (was that the one?) - so I'm not too worried about it being shorter overall.

I also don't see them spending a TON of time on Mario, they'll probably announce a release date, show a quick gameplay trailer, say there'll be more to see on Treehouse and possibly announce a Mario direct or something.

Nintendo was on a roll with Directs from March-May. The Pokemon Direct was the only one that ended up being remotely disappointing, so IMO it's way too early to throw shade.

That being said, I think people really need to keep their expectations in check for this presentation. Nintendo has a major game lined up for almost every month for the rest of the year between Splatoon, Mario x Rabbids, Pokken, FE Warriors, Mario, and Xenoblade. I think we'll end up with one or two surprises for early 2018 (Smash maybe) to give us hope for early next year, but I wouldn't expect anything else we don't already know about.

Megatron

That's kind of short, but if they cut their "playful" segments (interviews, muppet shows) they can still have a lot of announcements. I was hoping for that bit of playfulness though.

I'm sure you'll still get it. It's new announcements you won't really see much of.

Smasher89

Sounds like a normal direct then, kinda disapointed since i thought since last years e3 they maybe saved some of their bigger titles for later, then the Switch direct didnt really sell me on the console, now this, hopefully we get some good news for 3ds atleast!

Why do people overreact? Jesus Christ the salt is immense in here. E3 should be the most exciting of times and here we have a babyfest. Will dodge site, thanks guys.
It's E3 season alright. I'll most likely be heading to E3 by that time. I'll be hype as fuck to just play Mario.

Waji

5 min Mario Odyssey
5 min for Splatoon 2 and ARMS trailer (They're going to do it, don't fool yourself)

This is it.

Prove me wrong Nintendo.
You forgot 1-3 minutes for Xenoblade 2 first real trailer.

I thought Ninendo were announcing a bunch of stuff before E3 to make room for new announcements. Now I'm worried. Well, as long as we get a western announcement of Monster Hunter XX and a release date for Mario Odyssey, then it's a good E3 in my book.

sinonobu

Banned
I don't think Splatoon 2/Pokken/ARMS will be at Spotlight since they have their own tournaments. I think new trailers will drop during then.

During Spotlight I think they will showcase already confirmed titles such as Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, and feature few titles for early 2018 like Pikmin 4, new Retro.

And Pokemon Eclipse

This is my prediction

Mario Odyssey
xenoblade 2
Fire Emblem Warriors + FE Switch tease
Wii U port
New Game
New Game
Zelda DLC 2
3rd party

Josh5890

My guess for what will be talked about....

Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade
Splatoon 2 (quick trailer)
Fire Emblem Warriors
Surprise Gan\me
3rd Party
Zelda DLC
Virtual Console PLEASE NINTENDO FOR THE LOVE THAT IS ALL GOOD

I think Ubisoft announces the MarioxRabbids game

Plum

See my updated post with even more games they need to talk about...

There's not much time for new game announcements in 30 minutes.

Those are just more over-inflates times that don't address my argument. 3 minutes for Skyrim and Zelda DLC? That's just ridiculous. I'd say 3 minutes maximum for each game shown, the rest can be shown through other means. I'm not expecting too much but I don't expect times like thay.

XandBosch

My guess for what will be talked about....

Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade
Splatoon 2 (quick trailer)
Fire Emblem Warriors
Surprise Gan\me
3rd Party
Zelda DLC
Virtual Console PLEASE NINTENDO FOR THE LOVE THAT IS ALL GOOD

I think Ubisoft announces the MarioxRabbids game

I'm not getting my hopes up whatsoever for this, mainly because I think it's going to play a large part in their online service that's coming this Fall next year.

The Hermit

5 min Mario Odyssey

This is it.

Prove me wrong Nintendo.

arms will be released by the presentation, so they won't spend much time on it.

You are forgetting Zelda DLC. Hell, I think they will end their presentation with that.

Also Retro game, but I honestly don't expect anything big.

Replace 3rd party games with Skyrim.

The Indies reel will be shorter, like 2 min tops.

Also put there Xenoblade 2 and maybe Smash.

It won't be much different than that though. After that pseudo-announcement of payed online in 2018, don't expect anything about VC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom