• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

if they cut arms and splatoon out this can be fine i think

however all i need to see is the 5th reconfirmation of xenoblade 2 release date for this year
retros game
mario gameplay

i would be set

PSFan

I can't believe people are thinking they won't mention any upcoming 3DS games at all and it will be all Switch. I look forward to the meltdowns next week when it turns out to be half about 3DS.

That game doesn't scream big budget or a Million seller.

It's a new ARPG from a team comprised of people who worked on the Mana series (including Koichi Ishii, the series' creator). The dev's pedigree is enough to interest those that enjoy RPGs.

Production not costing 50 million dollars doesn't make the game a 'budget release'.

UberTag

At this point I'm setting my expectations at 'Retro spent the last 4 years remaking DKC:TF for Switch and it'll be called Tropical Freeze Delight."

That's where I think I'm at with Nintendo.
What's worse is that I would actually be okay with this.
KuGsj.gif

13ruce

Banned
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Xenoblade 2
Mario Odyssey
Fast reel of indies and 3rd parties

That's an easy 30 mins

Forget Retro guys, 2018 maybe

Why even include Arms we know enough about that game.... If it's anything more then 2 minutes.....

It seems not much besides marketing changed at all at Nintendo.

Edit: it even releases in the same week lol.

Ex-Psych

5 min Mario Odyssey
5 min for Splatoon 2 and ARMS trailer (They're going to do it, don't fool yourself)
3-5 min on Mario x Rabbids
5 mins on Indies (As a refresher from last indie direct)
5 mins on 3rd Party (That we already know of)
2-5 mins on Fire Emblem Warriors.

This is it.

Prove me wrong Nintendo.

Thatanas

A 30min Video presentation for your new system first E3 is kinda bad.
So you know the contents? 30 minutes is a long time without excessive talking and live demoing. 30 minutes could easily be 15 1.5 minute trailers for alot of games, including indie reel.

Have people not watched the Direct in the new style? That was lighting fast, concise and showed alot. Why should this be any different?

Milennia

5 min Mario Odyssey
5 min for Splatoon 2 and ARMS trailer (They're going to do it, don't fool yourself)

This is it.

Prove me wrong Nintendo.

xenoblade 2 will be there 100% they reconfirmed 2017 multiple times

Shahadan

if they cut arms and splatoon out this can be fine i think

however all i need to see is the 5th reconfirmation of xenoblade 2 release date for this year
retros game
mario gameplay

i would be set

ARMS dlc character preview
10 minutes of splatoon 2
Xenoblade 2 delayed to winter 2018
Xenoblade X port in 2017 instead
skypunch on suicide watch

TZchassis

With Pokken & ARMS I think it's fair to assume that we won't see a Smash announcement any time soon. I was hoping for a teaser this E3.

I guess, to be fair, this is the company that announced the product that could make or break the entire company with a 3 minute video with that same product launching 5 months later...

Maybe they don't believe in early announcements anymore for whatever reason?

Hydrus

Just when people think Nintendo is turning a corner and finally "getting it", They smack you back down to reality. 10 minutes for Mario, 10 for splatoon, then 5 minutes each for pokken and arms.

Trevelyan

Banned
With Pokken & ARMS I think it's fair to assume that we won't see a Smash announcement any time soon. I was hoping for a teaser this E3.

Yeah, Nintendo isn't going to cram 3 fighting games within 6 months of each others. Smash will be next Spring along with Animal Crossing , and those 2 will continue to help drive Switch sales after the holidays.

Milennia

ARMS dlc character preview
10 minutes of splatoon 2
Xenoblade 2 delayed to winter 2018
Xenoblade X port in 2017 instead
skypunch on suicide watch

i think this is the best way to approach the nintendo set each year, just list what you expect then take a huge shit on it

PSFan

DBpZmYxUIAAwNFC.jpg

"for a look at Nintendo Switch games"

Yeah, and? "A look" doesn't sound like the whole thing will be dedicated to Switch. I'm definitely expecting talk about 3DS games, especially being close to releasing the 2DS XL.

They've also done stuff like that before where they say a direct will show Switch games and then they do also show a lot of 3DS stuff.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Sony and Microsoft (and I guess Square Enix lol) have really got some of y'all into thinking announcing shit 1+ years away in order to generate hype is the way to go huh.

E3 culture is so stupid. Showing off fun-looking games that were already announced is considered bad. "Winning" E3 is about having the biggest surprises, nothing more.

Yado

5 min Mario Odyssey

This is it.

Prove me wrong Nintendo.

Don't forget Zelda DLC

joedick

I agree. Directs were long for the Wii U because there weren't many games. They had to cover with lots of details.

The last N Direct showed how they have to change the pace with far more games coming.

With Wii U, Nintendo spotlighted games far in the future to keep investors happy and encourage consumers to buy the system by showing that content was coming. The Switch is a success, so they can focus on games coming out in the near future, which is clearly their preference.

That said, I'd be surprised if we didn't get a couple of 2018 announcements.

Mediking

Super Mario Oddy will be the same destructive force The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was.

Of course there's gonna be a focus on that.

takriel

5 minutes Mario.
3 minutes Rabbids.
5 minutes Xenoblade.
5 minutes Splatoon and ARMS.
3 minutes Skyrim.
5 minutes Pokken/Ultra.

What else could they announce in 4 minutes?

Edit: Let's not forget:

3 minutes Zelda DLC.
3 minutes indies.
3 minutes Fire Emblem.

Vidiot

The Wii U has been dead for a while and we got a couple of nice new games to look forward to on Switch but I keep waiting for this flood of awesome titles to be announced. Seems less and less likely with every new bit of info. I hope I'm wrong but Nintendo has beaten me into a pessimist.

Drewboy64

Yikes. Gonna go ahead and delete any expectations I had remaining of the possibility they might announce: A new Metroid, Monster Hunter 5, etc.

jariw

Well we did just have the worst (and there have been alot of bad directs) Nintendo Direct ever.

Has there been a Nintendo Direct recently? The only Direct I'm aware of was the Pokémon Direct today from TPC/Game Freak, where they announced a couple of old games in new paint?

BTW, my uncle at Nintendo said that the Nintendo Spotlight at E3 will only focus on ARMS and MK 8 Deluxe.

30min is plenty of time especially unlike other conferences Nintendo doesnt do stage demos to help push it towards the hour long mark they have the treehouse live for all of that.

Milennia

5 minutes Mario.
3 minutes Rabbids.
5 minutes Xenoblade.
5 minutes Splatoon and ARMS.
3 minutes Skyrim.
5 minutes Pokken/Ultra.

What else could they announce in 4 minutes?

guess they can cut the rabbids trailer down to 2 minutes since its being shown twice to announce either retro or some deep 2018 game

KingBroly

Banned
5 min Mario Odyssey

This is it.

Prove me wrong Nintendo.

I doubt they show any Indie/3rd party stuff

Metalmarc

Awww crap

5 min Mario Odyssey

This is it.

Prove me wrong Nintendo.

Your prob right, Switch means Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom