• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW World |OT| Like the WWE Network, but better

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally - talked to my bank. They were so worried I was a victim of fraud.

This couldn't be less fraudulent. GO JAPAN

Aiii

So not worth it
Poor Japanese guy in the crowd took the brunt of Kenny Omega's dive...
qlvrav.gif

Devitt was smart to position himself there.

styl3s

Come on Bootaaay, we both know CMLL isn't the top lucha libre promotion in Mexico. Oh how i wish it was

Where's the link to your great Recomended Watch link? I'll do it!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI/edit#gid=0

Also, i haven't tried yet, but is Milano's retirement ceremony on this so we can finally make an updated version of that gif?
Muchas Gracias.

I was completely lost on that site last night looking for something good to watch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Muchas Gracias.

I was completely lost on that site last night looking for something good to watch.

You can always watch every single Iizuka entrance, that's time well spent.

Foggy

it is only 999 yen, friend

Go for it.

You are saving 1.54 and getting pure wrestling at the same time :D

Feels good to be impulsive! Wow, the old stuff has some phenomenal picture quality. It's almost cruel that Japan keeps such great care of their media, but give no shits about english translation. It's pretty much the inverse relationship that Hong Kong had.

styl3s

You can always watch every single Iizuka entrance, that's time well spent.
I will do that.

I really want to find a list of all the good Devitt matches and a list of all the Bullet Club stuff since i have missed out on all it. I need Bullet Club in my life.

Ithil

I'll probably sign up for this at some point. Want to see some more older stuff put up, although them making JR commentary available for this would get me to sign up in a second.

Man, Karl Anderson has been around for a while.

Back then he was the Organ Gun, Karl Anderson

1374518-2237898276_30db97333a.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How many Yuji Nagata matches are there so far in this thing?

"plenty"

Enjoyed it at lunch. Watched some hoss-ass shit from 1997, but thanks a lot iOS, no auto-translate so I couldn't tell who the fuck I tuned into.

Kaladin

I might go in for this when they introduce an English language website. Not as interested in navigating Japanese though.

kunonabi

Would have loved to watch this on my wii u browser but oh well. I'll wait till it gets a console app then.

Lum1n3s

Thank you OP, I've been trying to find a way to get into Japanese wrestling and you just opened up them doors for me! Whoooooooooooooooooo!

Jamie OD

A show that should be on every wrestling fan's Must Watch List: Super J Cup 94.

One of the best wrestling tournaments ever booked featuring a who's who of influential Jr. Heavyweights.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

One of the best wrestling tournaments ever booked featuring a who's who of influential Jr. Heavyweights.

Thanks for linking direct for me. It really is a hell of a lineup. Some of their best work, too.

dqbiH9R.png

Make sure you watch allll the Negro Casas you can.Dude's still going too, and does MOTY contenders in Mexico. Last year he had one HELL of a 2/3 falls match with Titan.

liger05

Classic tournament, one of the best. Amazing thing was on the same night Kawada beat Steve Williams to win the All Japan Champion's Carnival at a sold out Budokan Hall.

Incredible that both events ran on the same night.

With misawa v kawada (arguably the greatest match ever seen, best I've seen anyway) in June 94 it's safe to say 1994 truly was one of the best years for puroresu.

Aiii

So not worth it
Observer note:
The service launched immediately after the announcement of the press conference, and was accessible worldwide. The next day, Kidani, without giving any numbers, said they were blown away by the number of sign-ups outside of Japan.

Foggy

Has anyone found a way to watch an event from beginning to end without having to go to each individual match's page? It's not the biggest issue in the world, but it would definitely be convenient.

Heel

Can you make a step-by-step guide of the cancellation process? I'm considering subscribing, at least for that Wrestle Kingdom show, but I don't want to get stuck with a recurring bill that I have no idea how to cancel.

Xater

Can you make a step-by-step guide of the cancellation process? I'm considering subscribing, at least for that Wrestle Kingdom show, but I don't want to get stuck with a recurring bill that I have no idea how to cancel.

Click on your user name at the top. Now you are in the account settings. Last option is for canceling your subscription. Click it then the right button which is continue. Have not gone further because I don't want to cancel.

Hoping that many are from the UK and New Japan decides to tour here soon.

The Rev Pro shows with New Japan guys seem to have done pretty well, I don't know if that means they're more inclined to run their own tour or are happy just sending one or two guys over at a time.

They seem to send guys over to the UK more often than the US, so I'd say they're aware that there's a sizeable fanbase here - we also get tours from the likes of Dragon Gate, NOAH & M-Pro, but the last puro company to tour the US was New Japan themselves in 2011 and the shows didn't do that well.

liger05

The Rev Pro shows with New Japan guys seem to have done pretty well, I don't know if that means they're more inclined to run their own tour or are happy just sending one or two guys over at a time.

Yeah I saw but the UK shows put me off. Its the ring size which is the problem, they are always too small. It just looks silly when a guy is in a submission in the middle of the ring but just needs to move slightly to grab the rope.

It depends on the promotion, ICW have an absolutely tiny ring, but RevPro's isn't quite that small - it still proved a problem for Tanahashi, though, who obviously wasn't used to it. Nakamura and Okada did fine, but they didn't hit the ropes as much.

Yeah I saw but the UK shows put me off. Its the ring size which is the problem, they are always too small. It just looks silly when a guy is in a submission in the middle of the ring but just needs to move slightly to grab the rope.

Rev Pro isn't too bad I don't think, it's not like ICW who're still using the traditional Brit indy size. It's a shitty ring with a dip in, but it's not tiny. PROGRESS have a good ring as well. I hope the tiny British ring is dying out.

I'm legitimately thinking of canceling WWEN for this. All I've watch on the Network lately is NXT. And New Japan is a much better product overall right now. I really need to play catch up since G1 tournament in time for Wrestle Kingdom.

On a side note: I really hope New Japan gets other promotions to partner up with them or make a network themselves because I would love to get an archive of NOAH and All Japan to see some classic matches.

On a side note: I really hope New Japan gets other promotions to partner up with them or make a network themselves because I would love to get an archive of NOAH and All Japan to see some classic matches.

I'd love to see that happen - NOAH is a possibility, as they've been working a lot closer with New Japan recently (also, Meltzer hinted there's some big new brewing for NOAH), but All Japan are launching their own online streaming service (which, predictably, is strictly for Japanese customers only).

The best thing to happen to Japanese wrestling was Bushiroad buying New Japan - they're the only ones remotely interested in promoting internationally.

Xater

I'd love to see that happen - NOAH is a possibility, as they've been working a lot closer with New Japan recently (also, Meltzer hinted there's some big new brewing for NOAH), but All Japan are launching their own online streaming service (which, predictably, is strictly for Japanese customers only).

The best thing to happen to Japanese wrestling was Bushiroad buying New Japan - they're the only ones remotely interested in promoting internationally.

It's pretty dumb to me to region lock your own streaming service. Why would you limit your audience? WWE makes somewhat sense because of their TV deals and stuff like that but All Japan?

It'd be worth it, just for the archives. All Japan have started to turn things around since Akiyama took over, although attendances are still a problem - AJPW and W-1 are kinda cannibalising each other's business, while NOAH are doing better than both after partnering more with New Japan this year.

liger05

An All Japan service would be amazing. Could be argued that 90's AJPW was the best promotion of all. Those semi and main events were just incredible. Month after month.

Not sure if the current AJPW owners actually own all the library.

Wouldn't Nippon TV own all that Golden era library so what would be available on the AJPW service right now?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
An All Japan service would be amazing. Could be argued that 90's AJPW was the best promotion of all. Those semi and main events were just incredible. Month after month.

Not sure if the current AJPW owners actually own all the library.

Wouldn't Nippon TV own all that Golden era library so what would be available on the AJPW service right now?

I highly recommend placing an order at rudoreels.com for some AJPW entire YEARS of TV on Blu-Ray. Very comprehensive, very good quality.

RP912

Banned
I was watching Lou Thez/Karl Gotch vs Antonio Inoki/Seiji Sakaguchi and caught chills from watching that match. There was no outside interference, no over the top moves, or foreign objects being used....it was wrestling...pure wrestling. It almost brought a tear to my eye because this is what I love...and I truly appreciate this network and NJPW for what they done for the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom