• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW World |OT| Like the WWE Network, but better

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Bewts, firing it up now to put on while I play some kideo games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Hoyt has such a dope look for Japan
LeLAb6F.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I imagine the only reason they haven't put Maria with Yujiro at this point is Maria's the only reason Mr Maria Kanellis gets bookings.

Taguchi's ass-based offense is getting annoying.

It worked for Shiro Koshinaka, but he was leader of the most badass stable in Japan and didn't generally act like an idiot the way Taguchi does. When you watch Taguchi's young lion stuff it's really hard to see how he turned out the way he has; trained by El Samurai and idolised mat technicians like Osamu Nishimura and Tatsumi Fujinami, but ends up as 'The Funky Weapon' :/

The cameraman was practically glued to her ass for the entire match, absolutely shameless. I'm pretty sure the commentator was talking about how she distracts the cameraman - would be funny if they made that part of her gimmick, so not only the wrestlers but the cameramen, the announcers, the commentators and the ref get distracted by her "dynamite-o body-dess!!" as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoyed World Tag League.

And it only cost $8.40! We're in a great era with regards to price and value, friends.

Xater

Jeez the New Japan camera guys really are shameless. Well the director probably as well. I think I saw more Maria during this entrance than from the guys that are actually wrestling.

somedevil

Jeez the New Japan camera guys really are shameless. Well the director probably as well. I think I saw more Maria during this entrance than from the guys that are actually wrestling.

I just wonder if Bennett realizes this is why New Japan choose him. Its not because he is a talented wrestler.

Xater

Gah wanted to watch part 2 and now no video is loading for me, just a black window is all I get. :(

Edit: And now it works again. Was the Rob Conway match the last one from part one? I have no problem skipping that one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume this maria thing you guys are talking about is the G1 finals tag match?

if so, yeah that shit was hilarious

ghostmind

I assume this maria thing you guys are talking about is the G1 finals tag match?

if so, yeah that shit was hilarious

What they showed of Maria today for the World Tag League finale was far more gratuitous and blatant than the G1 finals.

As to the event itself, it was pretty good by New Japan standards. Some interesting feuds being set into motion, or progressed further, and a great final match to set up Wrestle Kingdom.

We still get three live "Road to Wrestle Kingdom" events to go this month, so my $9.00 is well spent.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What they showed of Maria today for the World Tag League finale was far more gratuitous and blatant than the G1 finals.

As to the event itself, it was pretty good by New Japan standards. Some interesting feuds being set into motion, or progressed further, and a great final match to set up Wrestle Kingdom.

We still get three live "Road to Wrestle Kingdom" events to go this month, so my $9.00 is well spent.

oh its a new show?

...any gifs? :3

Full cards announced for the Road to Tokyo Dome show and Wrestle Kingdom 9 itself;

NJPW, "ROAD TO TOKYO DOME", 2014.12.15
Ibaraki Gymnasium

1. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Sho Tanaka vs TAKA Michinoku, Taichi & El Desperado
2. Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Manabu Nakanishi & BUSHI
3. Toru Yano & Gedo vs Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
4. Yuji Nagata, Tetsuya Naito & KUSHIDA vs Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata & Ryusuke Taguchi
5. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan vs Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI

NJPW, "ROAD TO TOKYO DOME", 2014.12.19
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Sho Tanaka vs Yohei Komatsu
2. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs Taichi & El Desperado
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & BUSHI
4. Toru Yano, Kazushi Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI vs Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku
5. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Tetsuya Naito & Captain New Japan
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Jado & Gedo

NJPW, "ROAD TO TOKYO DOME", 2014.12.20
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Yohei Komatsu vs El Desperado
2. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs KUSHIDA & BUSHI
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan
4. Kazushi Sakuraba, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
5. Toru Yano vs Takashi Iizuka
6. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Togi Makabe vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii

NJPW, "WRESTLE KINGDOM 9", 2015.01.04
Tokyo Dome

1. New Japan Royal Rumble
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: reDRagon (c) vs Time Splitters vs Forever Hooligans vs The Young Bucks
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs Jeff Jarrett, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi
4. Toru Yano & ??? vs Suzuki-gun Mystery Team
5. UWFi Rules: Kazushi Sakuraba vs Minoru Suzuki
6. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Togi Makabe
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs Kenny Omega
8. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Hirooki Goto & KAtsuyori Shibata
9. Tetsuya Naito vs AJ Styles
10. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Kota Ibushi
11. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada

Aiii

So not worth it
Full cards announced for the Road to Tokyo Dome show and Wrestle Kingdom 9 itself;

Just look at all the NEW wrestling you get in one month... For only 999.

Seriously though, compared to WWE Network, it's insane. Yes, WWE gives you two hours of wrestling in Main Event and Superstars, but that's C- and D-level talent mostly, maybe you get Ambrose or Miz in a five-minute match, but that's it. Then you get an hour of NXT, which is great wrestling mostly and a monthly PPV.

Aside from that, you get some low-level recap shows like Countdown, Rivalries and Monday Night War, which is okay for time passing, but Christ, the contrast in value is insane.

liger05

2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: reDRagon (c) vs Time Splitters vs Forever Hooligans vs The Young Bucks
5. UWFi Rules: Kazushi Sakuraba vs Minoru Suzuki
6. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Togi Makabe
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs Kenny Omega
8. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Hirooki Goto & KAtsuyori Shibata
9. Tetsuya Naito vs AJ Styles
10. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Kota Ibushi
11. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada

Seriously a crazy amount of matches I'm looking forward to seeing. Truly stacked!!!

I would of bumped Saku v Minoru up the card though.

Jamie OD

Do you think Yano is bringing back Great Muta as his tag partner again? I heard a few months back Muto wanted to be part of the show somehow.

Kaladin

Seriously though, compared to WWE Network, it's insane. Yes, WWE gives you two hours of wrestling in Main Event and Superstars, but that's C- and D-level talent mostly, maybe you get Ambrose or Miz in a five-minute match, but that's it. Then you get an hour of NXT, which is great wrestling mostly and a monthly PPV.

Aside from that, you get some low-level recap shows like Countdown, Rivalries and Monday Night War, which is okay for time passing, but Christ, the contrast in value is insane.

But does New Japan have the same quality in ring dance offs that you get on the Network?

Kaladin

I just saw a match with a ton of ass-based offense, so I would say they're about on-par as far as shitty comedy goes :D

Do they have an optional audio track where I can have JBL, Cole and Lawler completely ignore the action in the ring?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Look, honestly, WWE Network is the better value if you just like to watch wrestling. I love NJPW and I love NJPW World but WWE has a lot of money to produce a lot of incredible content and their old DVD releases and documentaries as well.

Point being buy both and enjoy more wrestling than you can ever watch. Plus their live channel is nice. There's always something on.

RP912

Banned
Despite my ill will towards WWE *being stuck in commitment hell despite the "no commitment" ad*. WWE Network has the edge for 9.99. NJPW World is amazing and I'm addicted to the network, but let's be real here...the website is still barebones and I wish it had someway of making a playlist or at least a live network option for those that just want to watch a quick match without clicking certain videos.

Bottom line...NJPW World is good for your wrestling needs and WWE Network is good for entertainment needs.

Both products for 18 ish dollars a month is truly a good value.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Global Force Wrestling presents New Japan Pro Wrestling's Wrestle Kingdom 9 Pre-Show:

http://youtu.be/nHEDt18dbko

30 minute teaser for American audiences for WK9, with Jim Ross and others commentary.

Motherfucking DOPE! I love it Maggle. I love that GFW is busting their ass promoting this to english speakers.

strobogo

Banned
For those that aren't regular members of Wrasslegaf, I watch a bunch of wrestling and then review shows and make a bunch of gifs. Been doing it the last few days from stuff from NJPW World.

NJPW vs UWFI All Out WAR 10/9/95
Inoki Era: NJPW ON TOUR
Inoki Era: Gaijin
NJPW/WCW Supershow III: Fantastic Story
NJPW/WCW Supershow II: Super Warriors in Tokyo Dome
NJPW/WCW Supershow I: '91 Star Arcade in Tokyo Dome

In general, legitshook.com is the content home for Wrasslegaf away from GAF. Bunch of reviews and words and gifs and dumb shit about wrestling from members of the board. Also the glorious Laserfrog's Lou Thesz Grappling Shrine.

Enjoying your reviews stro, that UWFi/NJPW show is a ton of fun - I think the worst thing about Chono's burial of UWFi was how little he gave Anjo, especially as Chono had put Anjo over just a few months earlier. Anjo's reputation was pretty much ruined after the Choshu match, to the degree that Anjo felt he needed to do something big to regain it - that something was challenging Rickson Gracie at his dojo and getting his face obliterated. Still, Choshu was just getting revenge for the UWF split and Maeda breaking his eye socket. Everything goes back to Maeda being a massive cunt.

*edit, also, that goddamn brainbuster from Hash. Jeeeeeeezus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom