• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky box art confirmed?

FelipeMGM

Amazon has been selling a physical copy for $60 for a long time, but I dont think that is the correct price. Most people here aid $40 and I agree.

If this ends up being the box art or if has something as cool as this, physical copy for me fo shaw

Looks nice.
By the way, what is that flying alien triangle black ship?

Its the thing that is on the center of the universe

Fdkn

This is one of those games that improves by buying digital imo.

You keep it installed forever and launch it instantly anytime you want an exploration session without messing with changing discs.

Mononoke

Banned

Three

So going by the art, are we confirmed to be human? I was imagining weird theories in my head. That we ourselves in the game are procedurally generated and that at the centre of the universe there is the one and only mirror. Everybody crowding around a monolith trying to find out what they are, to discover themselves.

I'm actually surprised people are surprised at a retail release...didn't Sony say they're putting their full weight behind it and treating it like a first party release?

B-but it's an indie game!

...Lots of jokers are gonna be PISSED when this releases as a $30 or $40 game...

Mr Git

I really like the color palette in the game looks different from most space/sci-fi games. Hope it comes out this year but not holding my breath.

The colours and style remind me of all the old sci-fi novel artwork. I think that was a pretty big influence going by Sean's early comments and it's bloody brilliant.

1st thought that came to my mind when I saw the title of this thread - NMS RELEASING IN 2015 CONFIRMED! But then as I read through the posts, became aware that this was a rumor and a photoshop edit at best...

slightly disappointed, but rumors are better than nothing!

Hello Games is publishing it, and if there is an retail PS4 version I imagine Sony will be supporting them.

Wouldn't it be Sony publishing NMS the same way they are gonna publish SFV for PS4 but Capcom is gonna publish the PC Version?

...or Shenmue 3 physical published by Sony too but digital reward version for PS4 & PC for kickstarter.

Would warrant the "Only on PlayStation" title if they did publish the PS4 version.

Two Words

As a retail game, this game really could become the next Minecraft. It really seems like it goes along with what kids today love about Minecraft.

Mh, that's the kind of game I want to have on the HDD as the digital version though.
Endless content, so it would be nice to start it up whenever you feel like exploring a few planets or enhancing your tech.

I also expect this not to be very big in file size.

is this the first time we see the player character?

It's not the first time we've seen humanoids in NMS concept art. I'd find it weird that they'd show how the character we use looks like in any fashion pre-release when Sean made it such a big deal that it was supposed to be part of the mystery.

OmegaDL50

Mh, that's the kind of game I want to have on the HDD though.
Endless content, so it would be nice to start it up whenever you feel like exploring a few planets or enhancing your tech.

I also expect this not to be very big in file size.

You do realize regardless if you use a disc or digital, ALL games on the PS4 are installed to the HDD, right?

superfriar19

Neo Member
You do realize regardless if you use a disc or digital, ALL games on the PS4 are installed to the HDD, right?

Should have probably spelled it out but I meant the digital version, installed at all times, so that you can launch it whenever you feel like it because it's always ready w/o inserting the disc

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Is the diamond looking thingy actually an object in the game we know about? I always took it as kind of a symbol/logo for the game, but it seems like it's actually a thing in this image, maybe I missed something here :D

LiK

i wouldn't buy a retail of this game unless there's a really nice CE. it's the type of i game i might just wanna boot up from time to time just to explore. digital for me.

Was surprised my self during E3 When I saw a listing for a physical copy on Amazon.

Edit - Weird... the Amazon page is gone now... still got my preorder though.

Wow, that's absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it. I'm not feeling the need for a new wallpaper at the moment, but I'll keep this on standby.

Wow I hope that's the box art because that is gorgeous looking.

Now I kind of hope it does get a physical release so I can buy it just to have that box art lying around.

Top Bottom