• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky box art confirmed?

That covers is gorgeous, but I've never heard of this game until this thread.

So..... I looked @ some videos on Youtube and... what is this exactly? Exploration game? You can travel to different planets? First person view with a gun when you step out of your ship? Is there a story?

It gave me indie vibes, similar to something like Journey. Since smaller games are usually digital and I only buy physical/retail, my interest is definitely piqued...

You explore. Fight. Trade. Mine. The objective is to reach the centre of the universe. What you do along the way is completely up to you.

Kanyon

The artstyle, the sense of exploration, the solitude and the general vibe about this game has got me pretty pumped for it. So glad it's getting a physical release as I love that specific piece of artwork so much. I'm using it as my desktop background.

Musolf815

I was looking at it without seeing the source and hoping it was Stalenhag, I looooove his art and think it's perfect for video games. Like seriously if they made a game based off of his robot/dino mixed with contemporary suburban stuff I would pay so much money for it.

I like it. I love the general aesthetic of the game - the whole pulp/retro science fiction look, they use a lot of colours from that aesthetic although the actual models don't specifically represent that look, I think it's a "minimal pulp/retro science fiction" aesthetic. I love it.

Akyan

Great box art... looks like a similar image is being used on steam as well:
nomansky-steam.png

Bold One

I already have this set as my wallpaper

Is that thing floating in the Sky like The Tet from Oblivion? (The Tom Cruise Film)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I thought we had known a physical edition was coming for a bit, I think it was back in May that it was mentioned as hopefully coming to retail, and I believe Sony said they are treating the game like a first party release so will be going all out with it. I'll likely be buying the physical release as long as it comes out the same day, I'm always for more games on my shelf, especially when they have nice box art.

Despera

Banned
That's probably the best PS4 boxart if real. Makes me want to go physical (if made available) instead of digital -_-

From the creators of Joe Danger comes a game for the people who know what to do in a galaxy with nothing to do.

Featuring a new kind of online multiplayer where you're unlikely to ever meet another player.

Box quotes:
"Our first party line-up is a bit thin this year" - Andrew House

"But what do you actually do?" - Welsh Rarebit; NeoGAF

"This looks lame. I'd rather play Halo." - Chief Fenix; N4G

Dude needs an assault rifle magnetically attached to his back, obviously, but other than that it's a gorgeous box art. Straight out of a pulp sci fi novel.

Very nice cover indeed, reminds me of the good old amiga days with similar artwork on covers and posters, hope this is legit, physical all the way!

It's also a mockup by some random person and has nothing to do with Sony, but whatever

I'd be an equal opportunities critic of MS and Sony for their general abuse of words and their meanings. That "only on Playstation" tag is applied to many, many games but often lacks the asterisk that should say "secretly also on PC". I'd be shocked if NMS was any different.

watership

My immediate reaction to the box are was three fold.

"Oh it's a boxed game?"
"Love that art"
"Oh shit, it's going to be $69.99 Canadian"

Probably premature, I guess I always thought about this as a downloadable game made by a small studio.

edit: Frankly if this means the game is much bigger than anyone had thought in the past, so be it. That's what I think everyone wants.

Kyoufu

My immediate reaction to the box are was three fold.

"Oh it's a boxed game?"
"Love that art"
"Oh shit, it's going to be $69.99 Canadian"

Probably premature, I guess I always thought about this as a downloadable game made by a small studio.

edit: Frankly if this means the game is much bigger than anyone had thought in the past, so be it. That's what I think everyone wants.

You realise other indie games and PSN titles have had physical releases too right? Just because it comes in a box doesn't mean it's going to be a full price game. I don't understand why some people here think that way.

Have they explained what you can do with the box art? I mean, I can look at a box art for 20 minutes or so, but if that's all you can do with the box art I think it might become a little boring.

Klyka

Banned
Have they explained what you can do with the box art? I mean, I can look at a box art for 20 minutes or so, but if that's all you can do with the box art I think it might become a little boring.

I was literally going to post this exact thing! DAMN YOU!

Pachimari

The creator of the recent No Man's Sky artwork that's been shown lately mentions that it's the box art.

https://mobile.twitter.com/simonstalenhag/status/611105911977984000

https://mobile.twitter.com/simonstalenhag/status/611931965831426048

So basically, it should be this (excuse the bad Photoshop job) (also, not my image)

I put this image as my phone wallpaper yesterday. Looks very cool, I have very high hopes for this game.
Where can I find this in pure form?
I would like to have it as my wallpaper.

Without the PS4 and No Man's Sky text.

That really is a beautiful cover, i need this as my wallpaper! If this gets a physical release then ill probably just stare at it for hours....then ill unbox it!!

watership

You realise other indie games and PSN titles have had physical releases too right? Just because it comes in a box doesn't mean it's going to be a full price game. I don't understand why some people here think that way.

Have previous PSN titles had physical releases at launch? I wasn't aware of that.

Top Bottom