• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Gameplay Trailer (PSX)

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Pop in: The Game

Yeah, I know it's a ridiculously small team and their vision is very ambitious and all. But I wouldn't enjoy the game like that... seriously.

OmegaX06

Anyone noticed the incredibly short draw/render distance for objects and textures? Maybe it only happens when flying, but I noticed an insane amount of pop-in for things that were nearby.

Marco1

I get the feeling that Sean has nothing more to say about the game because there is nothing more to it.
It's a game made by a small team that is nothing more but exploration. I really wish Sony would let the team go quiet until release.

Despera

Banned
Mario? Racers? COD?

Pretty sure all three could have their fundamental mechanics shown is less than three minutes; doesn't make them any less fun.
Exactly. You'd see the fundamental mechanics but that doesn't even touch everything the game has to offer, so you'd have a good idea of what the game is about without spoiling the majority of the experience.

In any case, can't wait for that A Night Under No Man's Sky presentation.

Jobbs

Banned
If something sounds too ambitious to be true, especially for a small indie team, it almost certainly is. Especially since they're still subsisting on nothing but huge promises and the same type of footage of a ship flying between planets while showing nothing of the actual game ever.

Just saying. The more I think about it the more skeptical I get. Prepare for Spore.

So, is no mans sky digital only? Also, anyone know of a way to buy empty cases for games? I was forced into digital only games in some situations, and i would love to have an empty case to put on my shelf to "represent".

So thats something, theres a difficulty curve as you get closer to the center which requires you to trade (or shoot people and steal their stuff) to upgrade your gear

If something sounds too ambitious to be true, especially for a small indie team, it almost certainly is. Especially since they're still subsisting on nothing but huge promises and the same type of footage of a ship flying between planets while showing nothing of the actual game ever.

Just saying. The more I think about it the more skeptical I get. Prepare for Spore.

Isn't the more ambitious stuff the things they are actually showing off in the trailer? Is it harder to believe a small team can make a gun to shoot stuff or have planets you can travel to in real time?

ironcreed

Banned
Exploration, gathering resources, upgrading and surviving as you continue your own personal journey of discovery is the game. And I cannot wait.

Castef

Banned
This looks like Elite Dangerous, bare bones no substance, good thing we have Star Citizen and space simulator god Chris Roberts making it.

By the time you will be playing with a full release of Star Citizen other people will be enjoying No Man's Sky 3. :)

Isn't the more ambitious stuff the things they are actually showing off in the trailer? Is it harder to believe a small team can make a gun to shoot stuff than have planets you can travel to in real time?
nah man, it only takes a month or two to make a full galaxy. guns take 2 years with a team of 800.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So you need more resources, more upgrades, better ships, guns and suits as you go towards the center of the galaxy. So more and more resources as you go towards the center of the galaxy.

He says too many times "I don't know". You must have a clear vision for the game.

Edit: he doesn't really understand the people who want to be explorers or trader, he's more into shooting which is arcadey.

So you need more resources, more upgrades, better ships, guns and suits as you go towards the center of the galaxy. So more and more resources as you go towards the center of the galaxy.

He says too many times "I don't know". You must have a clear vision for the game.

I don't think anyone would know if you could find a tea party.

That was a weird question.

Duxxy3

After all these trailers and videos my interest in the game is still non-existent. Just not my kind of game.

Castef

Banned
This game looks amazing, but im still trying to figure out what exactly you do in it. I know you travel to all different types of planets, but what else do you do? Do you just ooohhh and ahhhh at all of the fancy new looking planets? Or is there something else like base building, or combat, or what not. Regardless, this game will be a day 1 buy for me even if it is just strictly exploration as it looks absolutely awesome.

Consider that the opper-right part of the hud contains an ammunition count display.

MattyG

Banned
My only questions are; do we have to use the warp drive, or can we just fly to any planet without having to warp?

And how the hell are we supposed to find anything on a galactic map that big?

Despera

Banned
Holy shit!

Btw, here's a timer for the 'A Night Under No Man's Sky' gameplay/presentation.

t1417928400z4.png
For the new page.

Paganmoon

That's not what I was baffled about. There were a lot of "I don't know" to the part of how the game should be played.

Seems like you can play it many different ways and he doesn't know how most will play it, and definitely not how any -should- play it. I like the idea honestly.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Sweet, was curious about this. They are taking the Album being made by 65 days and deconstructing it into infinite music tracks.

Despera

Banned
So it does have procedurally generated sound as well... that was the question I had before good to see it answered.

Real Hero

Devs: "We're giving you this spaceship that you can use to go anywhere you want in this incredibly huge galaxy we created." People in every thread: "Wtf. Lulz no why would I do that. So boring. Where are the objective markers? Where ar the gunz? I canonly explore an entire universe in my own spaceship?"
If it doesn't have a giant FOLLOW THIS GUY arrow like call of duty then what's the point of the game???

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hyped for tonight. Only event other than the keynote that allows a half hour break between presentations start and end.

Top Bottom