• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

Mr. RHC

6Q3aD.jpg

I see what you did there, and I like it, lol!

Disappointment abounds.

I doubt that it will ever be "worth the wait" but I do hope that if/when it comes out that it'll be an enjoyable experience.

You know, I kinda defended about what Square Enix was saying about Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III.

Because you know they are a Japanese company, they got a lot of games coming soon that will be AAA or something else, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are AAA titles so these two titles will need more ideas, more focusing on the story, the gameplay, the worlds and the role-playing system and also more time on the development.

If you do agree with me, thanks.

TaiKH92

Banned
It's a shame SE are showing nothing on FFXV but I guess the best thing I can do is wait maybe they'll announce FF Type-0 localization or FFXII HD remaster that people want to see or
FFXIII collection for PS4 and Xbox1

In all truth, they should've just moved Versus to XVI, and have got someone else(Itou) to work on a REAL XV(which could've came out by now).

Seeing the trailer for The Witcher III, I had a strange idea of a FF similar in look, but perhaps a re-imagining of the first game in the series. "Final Fantasy: Warrior of Light", an action RPG retake on the first adventure, featuring the WoL battling familiar monsters, with the ability to switch classes on the fly during battle and exploration(class abilities can be used outside of battle, like thief skills can be utilized to unlock locked doors or chests, while monks can destroy objects to get to hidden areas). You can explore on land and sea(via canoe). That would be fuckin tight. Ah, forgive me, as when I see scenes like this...

acmnme.gif

... I start imagining how great it would be if Square Enix still kicked ass in the classic sense.

Shiokazu

imagine if they simply do not say anything about FFXV and KH and miraculously decide to make more stuff like vagrant story, revive chrono series, bring a new valkyrie profile and yet announce a new IP?

... sincerely, i dont want more FF or KH... i liked the other series and projects, i still remember when TWEWY was announced... give me something fresh once in a while?

imagine if they simply do not say anything about FFXV and KH and miraculously decide to make more stuff like vagrant story, revive chrono series, bring a new valkyrie profile and yet announce a new IP?

... sincerely, i dont want more FF or KH... i liked the other series and projects, i still remember when TWEWY was announced... give me something fresh once in a while?

I don't mean to be abrasive, but would you be saying the same thing if this wasn't marketed as an FF game? What we've seen so far seems to take a number of liberties when it comes to the gameplay and aesthetic compared to past FF entries. I don't really see how it isn't fresh, unless you mean that you would generally just like to see more small, experimental projects instead of a focus on big budget games, which I think is far more valid.

Mecha

Why should it be one or the other? SE can make new IPs/continue "forgotten" ones and still make entries in series that sell at the same time.

Pikma

Banned
So that french guy from Twitter did know something, he wasn't too specific but implied that both this and KH were way farther than we thought.

Paracelsus

Even if one day, halfway through the cycle, they had gone

Tell you what, let's start ALL over again

It still would give them like 4 years of time. I mean, technically that doesn't put them much behind Kojima, since he took six years for a demo and seven for the full sequel but come on, this is ridiculous.

DNAbro

It still would give them like 4 years of time. I mean, technically that doesn't put them much behind Kojima, since he took six years for a demo and seven for the full sequel but come on, this is ridiculous.

I assume you mean MGSV but Kojima wasn't even working on that for all that time. Huge difference.

Kojima provides a steady flow of information plus trailers included.. He doesn't go announcing his games early either.. He doesn't have this secretive attitude about his games so kojima is good in my book

Kssio_Aug

I just cant believe how Square Enix could be so careless about their Final Fantasy fanbase. That is so stupid!! If they wont release it anytime soon so they should not tease anyone! They release a stupid little tease every year for the last 7 years and still theres no preview of a date for that to happen, and they wont even show it at E3! Thats bullshit! I cant stand that SE anymore! We dont even have a decent preview of its gameplay.

And thats funny, because a game that at 1st I was ultra hyped (a lot more then by FFXII), just as most of Final Fantasy fanbase, now Im starting to feel certain repulsion to it! The history of this game release is so frustrating and somewhat disrespectful that I cant believe how a company this big can afford themselves to such attitude.

I would love some revived interest in the Mana, SaGa, Chrono series, among others, or even some new IPs, but Square doesn't seem that adventurous regarding risks... unless it's the Final Fantasy series.

JCreasy

This is the right answer.

I have fantasies about Steve Jobs running up in Square Enix and flying into apopletic rage over the lateness of Final Fantasy XV. Nomura would get roasted and fired on the spot.

Nomura is the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI).

Lucent

Time to change my avatar..
need to erase this games existence from my mind, until it actually releases.

Yeah I remember when everyone was in a thread and suddenly someone was like "how about we keep these FFXV avatars on until the game releases?!"

Seems like it'd be your avatar for life at this rate. lol =(

wmlk

In all truth, they should've just moved Versus to XVI, and have got someone else(Itou) to work on a REAL XV(which could've came out by now).

Seeing the trailer for The Witcher III, I had a strange idea of a FF similar in look, but perhaps a re-imagining of the first game in the series. "Final Fantasy: Warrior of Light", an action RPG retake on the first adventure, featuring the WoL battling familiar monsters, with the ability to switch classes on the fly during battle and exploration(class abilities can be used outside of battle, like thief skills can be utilized to unlock locked doors or chests, while monks can destroy objects to get to hidden areas). You can explore on land and sea(via canoe). That would be fuckin tight. Ah, forgive me, as when I see scenes like this...

acmnme.gif

... I start imagining how great it would be if Square Enix still kicked ass in the classic sense.

A lot of what you're seeing in The Witcher 3 I guarantee is smoke and mirrors. Final Fantasy XV will probably look incredible when it's shown again.

I like the no-show, to be honest. Everybody and their mother knew that they would have to come back for E3 next year for the launch window blowout.

I'm expecting it to show up at E3 next year and set itself up for a Spring 2016 release out here in the West. In the meanwhile, I think it's nearly guaranteed to appear in TGS. Hashimoto would be a fool to bring up other expos/conventions when asked such a vague question.

EDIT: None of this excuses how incompetent SE have been. I don't even know what the heck a FFXV is anymore. It's transcended from being just a game.

gribbles

Banned
A lot of what you're seeing in The Witcher 3 I guarantee is smoke and mirrors. Final Fantasy XV will probably look incredible when it's shown again.

I like the no-show, to be honest. Everybody and their mother knew that they would have to come back for E3 next year for the launch window blowout.

I'm expecting it to show up at E3 next year and set itself up for a Spring 2016 release out here in the West. In the meanwhile, I think it's nearly guaranteed to appear in TGS. Hashimoto would be a fool to bring up other expos/conventions when asked such a vague question.

I'll have some of what you're smoking.

Foffy

Banned
What, releasing in 2016? I'd say that's fairly realistic at this point.

Realistic expectations to a game like this don't seem to mesh well. You're better off expecting nothing, because this is a game that is riddled with disappointment by even expecting a trailer.

MormaPope

Banned
Hope everyone knows that most of the stuff shown at E3 this year will probably come out in 2016 or 2017. Its the nature of the beast now, straight up sequels to games will get pushed every year. Ambitious or titles that are grand in scope will take a long time in the oven.

The year is 2048. Evolving E3 can no longer regulated. Indie advancements forever alter the gaming landscape. AAA companies are not prepared. They combat this advancement with a new line of defense. But not all are created equal...
Now AAA companies, both foreign and local together, feed us lies that a certain game is in development and will be released 'soon'

Top Bottom