• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

gribbles

Banned
What, releasing in 2016?

No, I was referring to the entirety of your post. I was gonna bold the parts of your post which I objected most to, but considering that I objected to your entire post from beginning to end I just quoted the entire thing.

wmlk

Realistic expectations to a game like this don't seem to mesh well. You're better off expecting nothing, because this is a game that is riddled with disappointment by even expecting a trailer.

Surely, surely you know better than to say something like this by now.

I think there is some slight overreaction going on. Yeah, the game was announced eight years ago, but everyone is pretending as if it's another eight years off and that the situation is the same as...say 3 years ago.

Things change over eight years. I think the prospects for this game are better than ever (albeit still not as good as we all want it to be), and yes, I think it's possible to make a realistic prediction.

And I guess it's different for me since I didn't expect a trailer. I've been firm in a mid-2016 release for a while and what's transpired hasn't changed anything.

No, I was referring to the entirety of your post. I was gonna bold the parts of your post which I objected most to, but considering that I objected to your entire post from beginning to end I just quoted the entire thing.

Okay, suit yourself. I checked your post history and you seem to be quite excited for The Witcher 3. I just can't believe something as amazing looking as that will deliver to expectations, especially at the scale that it's promising.

The year is 2048. Evolving E3 can no longer regulated. Indie advancements forever alter the gaming landscape. AAA companies are not prepared. They combat this advancement with a new line of defense. But not all are created equal...
Now AAA companies, both foreign and local together, feed us lies that a certain game is in development and will be released 'soon'
You forgot the most important part.... Final Fantasy XV's no closer to being released.

R-User!

It's late, but I was thinking: "..why the hell did Square Enix even announce that Final Fantasy Versus XIII was becoming Final Fantasy XV if they weren't prepared to continue to deliver news during (at the very least you would think) every subsequent E3?... (Besides the sarcastic Square Enix gonna Square Enix of course).

I mean, really, what was their intent? To string us along? To get us to buy a PS4? I can't wrap my head around this. Again, it's late. I'm tired, but I wanted to get this thought onto GAF to see if Kagari or others in the know could speculate at the very least...

....reflecting on my thoughts before I hit Submit Reply, I realize that "They played us like a damn fiddle!" feels oddly appropriate here... :/

kenix

Neo Member
Wtf SquareE. just wow. Funny how it's hasn't even been a full day and there's already 32 pages. i would have understand if there was actually news (video/gameplay/ect.) about the dam game itself and people post this many pages, but.......NOOOOOOO it's just a freaking topic about "FF15 no E3 showing" post and there's 31 pages???? WTF. I hope SE know they got a lot of people wanting to see something at E3. OMG imagine how many pages it would hit day 1 if there's was actually news about the game but its badddddd news. NEOGAF probably gonna go down niceee and slowlyyy....and painfully :)

Yeah, the game was announced eight years ago, but everyone is pretending as if it's another eight years off and that the situation is the same as...say 3 years ago.

Three years ago was the last time the game was shown before it was re-revealed as a next (now current) gen title and name changed to FFXV. Two years later (last E3), we got the big news and a new trailer that, if I'm reading the thread right, a good number of people now believe to be at least heavily scripted to the point where it could not possibly be indicative of the final product, if not an outright fabrication.

And now it's completely skipping E3 again--no trailer, no nothing.

What is your reasoning that SE can put this together and get it out the door by 2016? Just the sheer amount of time that's passed? The perceived pressure of making it a mainline game?

FluxWaveZ

Things change over eight years. I think the prospects for this game are better than ever (albeit still not as good as we all want it to be), and yes, I think it's possible to make a realistic prediction.

Why are prospects for this game better than ever?

Why are prospects for this game better than ever?

I guess because it's now SE's biggest game so they can't really wash their hands of it as easily as they could have when it was only a side title. Still though, some of this is really concerning. I'm still just holding on to just a bit of hope that Hashimoto means that things like a release date/window won't come just yet, and not that there will be absolutely nothing new for us to see. I will be okay if there are just a few more minutes of gameplay footage, but if E3 comes and goes without any of that, my smile is going to disappear.

Gorillaz

Three years ago was the last time the game was shown before it was re-revealed as a next (now current) gen title and name changed to FFXV. Two years later (last E3), we got the big news and a new trailer that, if I'm reading the thread right, a good number of people now believe to be at least heavily scripted to the point where it could not possibly be indicative of the final product, if not an outright fabrication.

And now it's completely skipping E3 again--no trailer, no nothing.

What is your reasoning that SE can put this together and get it out the door by 2016? Just the sheer amount of time that's passed? The perceived pressure of making it a mainline game?
So wait that trailer was possibly just a heavily scripted gameplay to the point of not even possible?

If true, Starting to see why people question if this game actually exist in the first place

So wait that trailer was possibly just a heavily scripted gameplay to the point of not even possible?

If true, Starting to see why people question if this game actually exist in the first place

Wow, first I've heard of this. I can kind of see where this type of conclusion would come from looking at the video's again. If it really is true, then this game probably is royally fucked in development hell.

I want to take their word seriously that they will reveal more later this year, but it's hard to believe at this point.

Wow, first I've heard of this. I can kind of see where this type of conclusion would come from looking at the video's again. If it really is true, then this game probably is royally fucked in development hell.

I want to take their word seriously that they will reveal more later this year, but it's hard to believe at this point.

I don't want to start a riot or anything--I just remember reading in this thread and others how people noticed certain things about enemy movement and what have you that caused them to question whether or not the trailer was indicative of any kind of actual gameplay scenario, or was just something pretty whipped up to convince people everything was fine.

I guess because it's now SE's biggest game so they can't really wash their hands of it as easily as they could have when it was only a side title. Still though, some of this is really concerning. I'm still just holding on to just a bit of hope that Hashimoto means that things like a release date/window won't come just yet, and not that there will be absolutely nothing new for us to see. I will be okay if there are just a few more minutes of gameplay footage, but if E3 comes and goes without any of that, my smile is going to disappear.

Well I think it's less about whether they can choose to ignore it and more about whether they can actually get it out the door without compromising Nomura's vision or undershooting our expectations. While SE has proven it can make huge dynamic worlds in FFXIV, they've unwittingly set themselves a higher bar for FFXV by showing off some ridiculously high-fidelity footage in their trailer last year, as well as touting how awesome and shiny their new engine is. On top of that, they've set huge expectations for longtime fans who are expecting great things from a game that's been in development for almost a decade. By keeping things quiet this E3, I think Square Enix is being smart and not digging themselves into an even deeper hole, but at this point I'm not sure they can claw themselves out of the one they've already dug. I have a sinking suspicion that FFXV will be one of the most disappointing FF's, simply because all of the hype that SE created for it.

One of the reasons this doesn't upset me anymore is that I have plenty to do in FF14. I'm also really looking forward to the new Theatrhythm and KH2.5 so it's not like I won't have new things to play either.

You guys just need to chill.
But everytime I see your avatar I get the painful reminder that this is my all time most hyped game of all time and I'll have went through Jr. High, High Schooland if it releases in 2016, have graduated College as well! Like literally I can't even

A-V-B

But everytime I see your avatar I get the painful reminder that this is my all time most hyped game of all time and I'll have went through Jr. High, High Schooland if it releases in 2016, have graduated College as well! Like literally I can't even

Something is dreadfully wrong with this company. It should not be taking vast swaths of a human lifetime to make one title.

Some Nobody

One of the reasons this doesn't upset me anymore is that I have plenty to do in FF14. I'm also really looking forward to the new Theatrhythm and KH2.5 so it's not like I won't have new things to play either.

You guys just need to chill.

Surely you realize the reason everyone's complaining is because they don't care about what Square's peddling at the moment. I mean...KH2.5? I didn't care about KH the first time around. FF14? Another MMO in a sea of them. The only thing I was hoping they were capable of was a big budget J-RPG, since everyone else seems incapable...but apparently that's far too much to ask for.

I don't want to start a riot or anything--I just remember reading in this thread and others how people noticed certain things about enemy movement and what have you that caused them to question whether or not the trailer was indicative of any kind of actual gameplay scenario, or was just something pretty whipped up to convince people everything was fine.

Look what you've done, lol. :p You've got people believing that. Not a single person whose ever said those words has looked like anything other than someone paranoid that this game secretly doesn't exist. The actual gameplay looks like gameplay.

li bur

I just don't get how they could've fuck this up. I mean they miraculously turnaround a broken game in one year, and the output are very good.

Now they are in the dump again. I really don't understand how they run the company. I bet they didn't have Standard Operating Procedure or something like that.

TheTux

Well anyway I'd rather let them take their time and release a perfect game instead of rushing it and releasing a half-complete, buggy game like Watch Dogs.

Asd202

Look what you've done, lol. :p You've got people believing that. Not a single person whose ever said those words has looked like anything other than someone paranoid that this game secretly doesn't exist. The actual gameplay looks like gameplay.

I really really hope those QTE like sections ( Iron giant) won't happen all the time casue it would just slow the game down.

Kaizer

Banned
I honestly don't see why anyone's that shocked. We should all know this game won't come out till late 2015 at the earliest.

What the fuck is going on with this game ?
Emot-psyduck.gif

Raab

Neo Member
I'll have a fond memory of this game in 2030. XV years ago I was X. Now I am XXV and have waited for this game for about VIII years. Soon I'll be in the past.

LOL FFGaf you really need to chill. SE would like to show news about that game later this year (TGS is very likely). So we have not got any news for 12 month now.. when they show it at TGS we would haven't heard about that gamr for 15 month.. whats the difference?.. in the end it doesn't matter. smh really

Gonna repeat my silly prediction and stupid opinion: KH3 will probably release before XV at this rate because the latter will be in a development quagmire due to overambitious design if everything this game was supposed to be still stands and is going to be presented in top tier AAA quality.

I haven't followed this title that closely so someone correct me if I'm wrong: supposedly this is to have a huge open world with vehicles and airships and shit combined with Uncharted level setpieces. No wonder the development takes time. While we don't know too much about KH3 that supposedly will be basically exactly like the previous games. Smaller rooms and areas linked to each other with no NPC's, or enemies showing on the maps making the main map design childs play. Also presented in a cartoony visuals (altho impressive on their own) and not shackled trying to make everything look like your modern typical photorealistic games. I'd imagine the work needed for the enviroments especially will be on a whole different level in XV.

Controversial opinion: Nomura probably should have sticked on the design they knew how to make. As in have versus pretty much literally be KH2 with realistic look and room to room design intact. I just feel the overambitious design is what is holding it back. Sure I'd love to see Nomuras take on Open World+Uncharted but they probably are struggling to get the game out in a form that will compete directly with the other AAA open world/cinematic action games as that is the feeling I get with this game. While KH3 started the development years later I think the project is meant to be more of a "just another KH game" type of thing that is just trying to sell for the fans intead of the main AAA market. I hope that I'm wrong tho and that XV will get released in late 2015 or something but I got a real bad feeling about it completely skipping E3 when they had so much to show a year ago. Makes you wonder just how much of the game really is completed at this point. Year ago I would have thought skipping E3 even once anymore would have been impossible. I feel that SE as a company wants this game to be too much for it's own good. Not that I blame them tho, FF brand is probably at its lowest point it has ever been even despite the success of Realm Reborn (can you even imagine if they didn't fix that one?).

If XV doesn't appear at TGS or whatever I will give up with this game coming before late 2016or beyond.

Toxi

Banned
LOL FFGaf you really need to chill. SE would like to show news about that game later this year (TGS is very likely). So we have not got any news for 12 month now.. when they show it at TGS we would haven't heard about that gamr for 15 month.. whats the difference?.. in the end it doesn't matter. smh really
No, it's really not.

nai

I feel like these days... kinda yeah if we are talking about productions with the scope XV has.
I'm surprised that we got as much as we did last E3. So just because the game doesn't appear this year as well doesn't really mean that it's vapor-ware.

Ff XV is a long way away and might get lapped by KH3.
I see what you mean man. It most definitely will be easier to develop KH3 than XV considering XV is more open and graphically intensive than KH. Nomura has proven himself in my eyes to be quite the storyteller so I have faith in his shakespearean tale. However, I do feel that no matter how good this game is, it would need to be one of the longest rpgs of all time filled with vast environments and epicly unique sidequests for this game to live up to even a quarter of the hype that it has been granted by the community and Square as a whole.
In other words, it's totally fucked

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I just found out that S-E France few days ago could've teased a Type-0 apperance at E3 through twitter... better be true.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'm so desperate, I will believe anything!

Anything of what follows would be great to me, and I give them a wide range of possibilities to make me happy. They should announce at least one of these titles with a release date set for mid-2015 worldwide:

Type-0 HD
FFXII HD
FFX-3
New FFVII spin off (Shinra Company? Remember that trademark?...)
New FFTacticsAdvance (finally...)
Fucking New Dissidia

One of this could save an E3 that is already forgettable for me after finding out XV will not be there.

This just continues to sink SE credibility and competence as a software developer. I can understand if fans are becoming frustrated by SE continuous stalling and hesitancy to share any information.

From the original announcement in 2006 to the "please be excited" by Hashimoto, SE is becoming a company of empty promises.

mo60

lol, Final Fantasy XV 10 years anniversary and still not released.. it would be so hilarious.

The game will probably be released by then I hope.It has until about May 2016 to release and if square enix's actually speeds up the development of the game they can release the game in mid to late 2015.. The game should have released way earlier,but at least square enix will release this game in the next year or two finally.

HeelPower

A lot of what you're seeing in The Witcher 3 I guarantee is smoke and mirrors. Final Fantasy XV will probably look incredible when it's shown again.

The last thing to worry about in FFXV are the visuals.It might even look better than Witcher 3.(on consoles)

so.. it will take AT LEAST as much time for FFXV to come out (started development in 2005 or 2006, release in 2015 maybe?), as it did for Square to release these games between 1997-2006:

Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XII. (plus all the non-mainline games like Revenant Wings etc etc)

did i get this right? motherfucking goddamn shit.

UrbanRats

The game will probably be released by then I hope.It has until about May 2016 to release and if square enix's actually speeds up the development of the game they can release the game in mid to late 2015.. The game should have released way earlier,but at least square enix will release this game in the next year or two finally.
2015 is insane delusion.
2016 is overly optimistic.
2017 is best case scenario.
2018 is doable.
2019 is a realistic expectation.
2020 they'll finally release it
s new trailer.

Top Bottom