• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD: Xbox One wins October NPD. Best Selling Console in US 4th Month In a Row

Welfare

Doesn't it feel like PS4 Pro shipments are pretty small to begin with, though? I guess it could factor in much more seriously during November than later months simply due to the timing where the standard PS4 should climb higher, but the hype and enthusiasm for it seems pretty low.
We could get launch numbers next week but I'm expecting a decent launch number which should be enough to close the gap.

Kayant

Congrats! MS have really done a great job with launching XB1 S.
We did it Microsoft!!! Not one, not two, not three, but four!

I1QlwV0.gif
is there you HUELEN10. 😁
So, how did Sony mess up this lead?
Are you forgoting there is still around a 500K+ difference between the two.lool.

labaronx

This is kind of exactly how I'm expecting things to go. I think Sony takes November by a pretty solid chunk due to Pro, but Idk I don't see the Pro being a huge mover in December. I could be totally off on that but we'll see. PS4 Slim sales haven't been impressive at all so far either.

I'm leaning Xbox taking a close to December

Id go ps4 in december for ff15, thats where the audience is... too, unless Microsoft stays at 250 like they have in the past and sony goes back up... history says Microsoft will stay at 250 post black Friday

see5harp

Good for them. I really hope they start releasing some concrete info about scorpio. I'm guessing they'll wait until E3 or later to actually show what it looks like. I really want to know whether or not it's worth waiting for this box when stuff on PS4 pro is now running some big multiplatform titles at close to double the resolution. 12 months is a long time to wait.

Id go ps4 in december for ff15, thats where the audience is... too, unless Microsoft stays at 250 like they have in the past and sony goes back up... history says Microsoft will stay at 250 post black Friday

I just don't think new console buyers for FFXV will be that big really in comparison to general Holiday shoppers looking for a good deal. MS is known to really try and go all out in the Holidays and I expect that to give them the month.

I don't think its going to be any kind of huge difference, close month. I just think they'll edge it. But certainly could go either way

On Demand

Banned
Seems like the last three months have all had this posted. It's expected, not impressive, because the next month is always the one they need to win lol

Well it's true. Whether you think there's alot of people waiting for the Pro or not, announcing new hardware logically would affect current hardware sales no?

Not denying the success of the 1S or work MS has put it, I mean it's pretty obvious PS4 sales have slanted towards the Pro.

Always in Stock at my local Best Buy, targets and gamestop. Not much more proof I can offer. Just what I've observed. Dude at gamestop said they aren't selling well.

If it helps, Im talking about the stores in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.

Is it only the basic SKU or do they have Launch Bundles?

Because if its only the basic SKU they aren't really that appeling.

Anticol

Banned
Are you forgoting there is still around a 500K+ difference between the two.lool.

Only 500K? I thought Sony had close to 2 million gap in the US and the first month, out of these four, was won by MS by 10k, I doubt the other three months the difference was close to 400K.

Kayant

Only 500K? I thought Sony had close to 2 million gap in the US and the first month, out of these four, was won by MS by 10k, I doubt the other three months the difference was close to 400K.
I will just putting out a number as i don't recall what it is but yh it's likely way more.

blakep267

According to Zhuge the gap was around 1.5 million not counting this month

ViolentP

Seems like the last three months have all had this posted. It's expected, not impressive, because the next month is always the one they need to win lol

Except of course next month being the first time a mid-gen console upgrade will be released.

I think the whole team at Microsoft have done a great job turning the ship around from the disastrous unveiling of the console. Being behind Sony in the console race this gen has really emboldened the Xbox team to price the console aggressively which has started to gain a lot of attention. Also it's roster of exclusive games is an attractive proposition for people who can't afford a gaming PC. I'm super happy with my big black box and I'm glad more people are starting to see that power isn't everything.

labaronx

I just don't think new console buyers for FFXV will be that big really in comparison to general Holiday shoppers looking for a good deal. MS is known to really try and go all out in the Holidays and I expect that to give them the month.

I don't think its going to be any kind of huge difference, close month. I just think they'll edge it. But certainly could go either way

Agreed to an extent, i just feel rpg gamers have been the main holdouts for sony in most regions, ff15 starts the ps4 jrpg revolution to an extent, looking at japan ps4 sales during persona 5 launch, i expect similar japan numbers for ff15 launch... like u said close month either way

Rowlet

Banned
It's the more attractive product at the moment - hence why it's selling better. I still believe the PS4 will take out November and December due to Pro + COD; however, it's admirable to see Xbox doing this well.

Although, Pokemon S&M will still be the biggest thing this fall ;)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I'm sure NPD will have sales for data for them. Now what we actually get is another question. I figured it would be similar to Vive and Rift sales that just absolutely tanked after early adopters got theirs.

But vive/rift isnt tanking

Would you say that at one point Sony had a 3-1 lead against Microsoft .
👀 🤔

I'll be picking up a Xbox one s this Black Friday and so will my cousin so that's another 2 this month

Might pick up a Pro when horizon releases , I'm in no hurry now

Wow Microsoft have definitely recovered from their pre launch blunder. I thought they were dead in the water after they shot themselves in the foot by threatening to make their console only work while online and making all games work on only one system so you couldn't ever trade it in, sell it, or bring the game over to a friends house

Chris1

Yep this will be hugely importanat as well.

$450 is the ceiling imo. They can't go for $499, that's just not a price the market seems to be comfortable with

I think $399 is the ceiling. Pricing it at $450 still gives it that "four hundred and..." which is bad IMO, If it's gonna be $450 then I don't think it'd hurt them that much to just go straight to $499 both are going to be just as hard to sell.

I think it'll be $399 or $499 starting. $399 would be massive.

Deku Tree

Hard for Sony to win when everyone was waiting for the Pro. November and December will be interesting.

Congrats to the XB1S. Great console.

Top Bottom