• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama to give speech in Berlin to mark Reformation 500 year anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
the one side basically says "do nothing wrong and you'll get to heaven" versus "serve as a member of the church and then you can get to heaven"

Eh, not quite.
From a Baptist point of view it's more like "You've already done wrong, and nothing you can do is good enough to earn your way into heaven, but God provided a way to get forgiveness if you accept it."
Doing good works are not strictly necessary, but every preacher I've listened to has said that they should be a natural part of your faith. That if you're a Christian and you're not helping others, then you might want to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if you really are one.

Of course other denominations are different, like I know the CoC believes you have to do good works or else you can lose salvation. Then there's also the question of how many people even care at all, and just go to whatever church they grew up in simply out of habit and to see friends.

jelly

Lol, is that photo in the article for real? B-rock showing off the goods.

0F4qqYS.jpg

I remember that. It was bloody roasting and instead of staying fully suited as one usually would in that situation, hope you don't mind if I take my jacket off. Classy. Obama was great there.

I remember hearing he is heading to Scotland as well.

Title confused the hell out of me because I thought it was referring to German reunification, which isn't even 200 years old, but then I remembered the protestant reformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom