• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odin Sphere Leifdrasir announced - PS4/PS3/Vita, HD remaster w/ new shit, Jan 14 2016

klee123

Awesome to see the game look more like Muramasa since Odin Sphere was flawed.

Also Interesting to see a lot of Japanese developers adopting this multiplatform but from the same company approach. I guess Sony must be providing a lot of incentives.

Biker19

Banned
I'm glad that we still live in a world where Vanillaware games can still be made.

Me too (though I was hoping for a Dragon's Crown Remaster on PS4, but since I've never played Odin Sphere before, this looks like it would be a good alternate for now).

I loved Odin Sphere a lot back on the PS2 (even picked it up on PS3 re-release), but I'm not blind to the problems like slowdown or how repetitive it was.

Holy hell though, it looks like there's a lot of new content in the trailer.

Recall

This game was really repetitive and boring, the cooking was really tedious, and it was filled with slowdown. I imagine it'll be really good on PS4 and MAAAAYBE PS3 technically though...

The PS2 version on the PS3 PSN store removed the slowdown or so I heard?

Wow that theme tune is so good, along with the whole demo sequence to the game.

Odin Sphere surely must have one of the top five videogame demo/title screen sequences of all time. Vagrant Story being another.

Looks like there's an new artbook for pre ordering the Japanese version?

Hopefully that comes Westward this time. Actually bought the original artwork on its own from eBay back in the day.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm glad I didn't bite on the numerous Odin Sphere sales on PSN.

Wonko_C

Actual platforming, use of tools to progress, items to open new areas a la metroidvania, new combat abilities, new background graphics... This looks like a remagining rather than an enhanced HD remaster. Will buy for $60.

dkoy

yes yes Yes Yes YES YES. Just come to PAL regions with a reasonable LE price tag (if there is one) and I'm so in.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just realized Odin Sphere will be 9 years old next year and has been released thrice (initial, PSN rerelease, and remake)... And Versus XIII (FFXV) announcement is also 9 years old next year and has yet to be released.

Ultimadrago

ponpon, let's re-experience Mercedes' adorableness together

But yeah, though I had the same length/repeat complaints as others here, I enjoyed Odin Sphere's strengths. I'll likely pick this up.

anderedna

Game looks nice.

I enjoyed playing Muramasa Rebirth and Dust on Vita and PS4, however I didn't really enjoy Dragon's Crown on Vita. Is this game is more like the former or the later?

I just realized Odin Sphere will be 9 years old next year and has been released thrice (initial, PSN rerelease, and remake)... And Versus XIII (FFXV) announcement is also 9 years old next year and has yet to be released.

may as well skip to 2017 so we can have 10th anniversary edition for XV lol

The PS2 version on the PS3 PSN store removed the slowdown or so I heard?

I didn't finish the entire thing on the PSN release, but at least during the Queen Odette fight, the normal absurd slowdown is gone. I want to say there were other areas with a -small- bit of slowdown in that version, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as anything the PS2 version had.

I mean, it'd be cool if they added some stuff, but I have difficulty imagining that it won't still be extremely repetitive. It's a beautiful game but pretty high on the list of things I don't really want to play again.

This. It really should have been like Wonder Boy in Monster World on Genesis. Side scrolling rpg. Instead we get these levels where you scroll to the other side....yeah I...just don't know.

I was so hyped for the game when it first came out, tried to like it, but ugh.

Shin-Ra

There's some dodgy de-interlacing (why are they capturing interlaced footage?) in the parts with the gameplay UI showing. They should be a bit more pro about that.

It plays nothing like Muramasa though

People seem to be suggesting that based on the trailer, they've changed up the combat to be more like Muramasa. Which is good for me because playing Muramasa on Fury mode was one of the most satisfying combat experiences I've ever had.

BasilZero

Sadness that there wont be a PC version but thats fine.

I loved the original when I played it on PS2 few years back.

Will be getting it for PS4 - hopefully western release!

Top Bottom