• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odin Sphere Leifdrasir announced - PS4/PS3/Vita, HD remaster w/ new shit, Jan 14 2016

convo

I never played this myself so i guess i can waste my time with it unless people want to interfere and and kill me for wanting to own this .

Lol it just occurred to me this is like the first proper HD remaster Atlus have done.

They didn't pick Nocturne, or Persona 3/4, or anything of the sort. They chose to remaster Odin Sphere. Lol.

Considering the serious technical issues (e.g. slowdown) that the original Odin Sphere had...I'd say remaking it is a very good idea.

Although Muramasa was more polished, I still liked Odin Sphere more. Odin Sphere actually provided a decent challenge. Better music, characters and more aesthetically pleasing too.

If the new content is interesting and they tone down the repetition some, then I may grab OS Leifdrasir. Very pretty game.

Loved the original but it absolutely got repetitive before the end. Depending on the additions I am SO there day one. Probably there Day 1 regardless, it's Vanillaware baby.

kewlmyc

Can't believe this is happening. It had better get a stateside release.

It's Atlus, there's no way this isn't coming out in at least the US.

Europe, um, hmm....

I'll get the PS4 version, but hopefully it's not as repetitive as the original game. If they updated the combat to be more Muramasa like, I'll probably finish it.

Crisium

If English version sells well maybe we will finally get Princess Crown English? I tried it on Saturn but Japanese only, so is PSP apparently.

mejin

opjVOTU.gif

g11

I am okay with this. I'd also be okay with Muramasa coming to PS4 and Dragon's Crown being ported over as well when Dragon's Crown 2 comes out. I'd also like Dragon's Crown 2...

vato_loco

FUCK.YES. One of the most gorgeous games EVER. Sure, gameplay could get repetitive and cooking was annoying as balls, but it was still one of the best PS2 games I played.

UCBooties

I've been waiting for this ever since Muramasa Rebirth! Very excited and I hope they announce a Western release (with the Vita version) soon.

I played Muramasa and DC on my Vita. I've never really seen or heard anything about this game, so it feels like Vanillaware's next game to me, and it looks soooo awesome!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I want to be excited for this as I loved this on PS2, but what are the odds of this getting a disc if it comes to North America?

I bet it'll be a digital only title :/

Atlus better do the right think and bring this to the west. It'd also be nice if they do the best thing and make it cross buy, or at least a pricing structure like Dragon's Crown.

FluxWaveZ

I want to be excited for this as I loved this on PS2, but what are the odds of this getting a disc if it comes to North America?

I bet it'll be a digital only title :/

It's Atlus. Literally every single time they announce a game, there are reactions like this, but then it ends up coming to the West in the way you would expect it to.

tokkun

Made it maybe 20% into the first game before I quit due to boredom. I'm more inclined to wait until this shows up on PS+ in a couple years.

I never completed the original because I found it to be incredibly boring... but it was a beautiful game with good music. I think I might give it another shot... hope they do some sort of improvement to the gameplay itself.

ys45

I might play this if it's more fast paced like Muramasa .
Because I stopped playing after a few hour the combat and control did not click with me and I was really bad at it .

A little disappointing though, I was expecting a new game .

This announcement made my day. I never even expected a Odin's Sphere remake. Everything sounds so good. I'm excited, I loved Odin's Sphere a lot.

ALSO DAY ONE VITA. Oh wait no I'm European. Not allowed to get excited for Atlus games. Import day one for Vita because artbook.

I really hope there isn't any DLC for this. Not that I wouldn't want any, but then I won't be able to import and then I'll just get annoyed at our delayed release or digital only.

Edit: What does Leifdrasir mean? Something like remake? Revived to life?
I don't know Norse or whatever, but it's neat I guess

varkuriru

New gameplay!!! Yes!!! Also new maps and stuff seems cool. But new gameplay tweaks is what I wanted the most.

Also dat Nibleung Valesti!!

Is that some new content in the last minute of the trailer? i cant say it because i played the ps2 original game many years ago and stopped playing it at 60% or 70% because it got really repetitive, you were fighting in the same stages the same enemies over and over, i really liked te story and art though, if they add more variety to the combat system and add enough new content i will give it another try.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Noticed near the end when 4 clips were showing at once, on the main menu (top-left), there's a Classic Mode & Refine Mode, so seems you get the original game as well, hopefully with the HD treatment.

Probably will get this for Vita, though please make that artbook a pre-order bonus in the US, Atlus.

........also PLEASE change it so increasing HP isn't tied to eating food/healing.

Begaria

I am so in for this. I misse the original release, so I played the game on PCSX2 (which ran flawlessly with no slowdown). With the changes they are making, I am super hyped to play through it again.

Trailer gave me chills, but mostly because I had forgotten how beautiful the theme song for this game was.

Don't doubt Atlus will pick this up for overseas release, just hope NISA swoop in to rescue a European release, otherwise I'll have to import like I did with Muramasa.

While both VW games I've played Odin & Muramasa are repetitive as hell I found this to be more enjoyable (atleast to finish the 1st character) simply because the battles have more than one enemy type unlike Muramasa.

If PAL gets the PS3 version I might get it, I'd be more interested if they gave an option to switch off cookery for XP nonsense.

Ventara

Man, I am so glad this is happening! And I'm sure it'll be physical. This is Atlus; they know what their fans want. Seriously, day 1! I will buy whatever LE they make as well and gladly pay the Atlus tax for this game.

Top Bottom