• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Officer Chun-Li costume spotted in latest SFV beta, also some other lame costumes

Anything that can affect gameplay is unlockable.

Costumes don't affect gameplay, DLC characters do.

We still don't have any confirmations on anything though.
I'd argue chunli dress and Laura alt costume can distract me enough during gameplay and cost me my match, so they should be unlockables with fm. :p

Labolas

I think people are looking at the characters' outfits like Chun's alt the wrong way. SF always has been wacky and weird. Characters that look and are ridiculous. It's part of SF's history. MK isn't any more grown up or mature than SF. The dumb gory violence is still there and people love it for that. NR wouldn't get rid that because it's part of their history and it still sells.

We've been talking for so long about these costumes, I can't believe we all forgot that there are cosplayers that are going to be wearing these costumes!

CZI5dpWVIAAEboe.jpg:large
https://youtu.be/itcT5uCxXY8?t=1m17s

NexusCell

How does an adult woman like this shit when it was so clearly made for teenage boys?

Madness.

Translation: Why don't women do what I think they should do? Why aren't they angry about this like they're suppose to be!

Newsflash, people like different things. Get over it.

How does an adult woman like this shit when it was so clearly made for teenage boys?

Madness.

Ill think you will find some people have liked playing dress up from when they were toddlers.

I understand reaction to the outfit in-game but come on. Lets not be dense.

Also: Sidenote...I'm surprised people haven't picked up on lauras taunt in here yet.

She says "You wanna be my grappling buddy...... My GRAPPLING buddy"

to me her tone comes off incredibly suggestive..

Platy

I'd say this is a reasonable conclusion

I am just saying she basicaly turned Laura into brazilian Poison.

I acept the headcanon that Laura is trans, but it is far from the dlc design

Brazil has by far the most trans deaths of every single country on the world so I guess it is another "street fighter stereotype" ? =P

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I am just saying she basicaly turned Laura into brazilian Poison.
It looks like Poison even without her cosplay, though. At least it reminded me of her from the get-go and is what makes the outfit way cooler.
Don't fall for the obvious troll lol
Not even trolling, lol. Just parody of the fuckers a few pages back actually implying this stuff was for teenage boys.

Gbraga

Much better than the actual in-game costume, imo.

And a lot more sexy too. True, no underboob, but opening and holding her shorts like that makes it so much more sexy than just showing boobs while fighting. It's amazing.

Kid Ying

that's unrealistic!
That type of short and shirt is actually very used in Brazil by women. It's a bit exagerated in SF5 to show the underboob, but the costume itself is a very close depiction of the style of many girls in Brazil. Apart from the "bonita", which makes no sense at all... For now.

Platy

That type of short and shirt is actually very used in Brazil by women. It's a bit exagerated in SF5 to show the underboob, but the costume itself is a very close depiction of the style of many girls in Brazil. Apart from the "bonita", which makes no sense at all... For now.

Also the high panties line was a fashion fad that never worked here in brazil because of how the "normal brazilian woman body" is compared to "normal usa woman body".

Also you will rarely see brazilian girls without bras

wtf9lplt.png

Am i the only one who thinks that this looks freakin awful? Like she got fake titties attached or something?

I haven't seen much tits in my life as a gay guy but still, capcom pls

Nope. It's so obnoxiously inaccurate to me. Natural boobs are teardrop shaped. Bitch don't even got a bra on, and they're just perfectly perky? Don't think so. >.>

nded

It's probably just Capcom being too lazy to make a separate physics model for the alt. The whole costume seems kind of low effort in general. They didn't even change her hairstyle.

Kid Ying

Also the high panties line was a fashion fad that never worked here in brazil because of how the "normal brazilian woman body" is compared to "normal usa woman body".

Also you will rarely see brazilian girls without bras
Yes. The panties are off. You can find some, but its very unusual to say the least. The short and skirt is spot on though.

I much prefer this costume than the usual indian one.

Top Bottom