• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV Halloween costume pack dropping on October 27th

El Sloth

Banned
Courtesy of SRK

The cast of Ultra Street Fighter IV will be receiving their spooky costumes just before Halloween, according to new details reported by 4Gamer.

As was previously reported, players who log into the second Street Fighter V beta will receive these horror-themed outfits on October 28, but they will also be available for purchase on the same day. Costumes will be priced at ¥411 (~$3.44 USD) apiece or ¥2468 (~$20.66) for the complete package.

4Gamer was also able to share some new images, highlighting the ways Cody, Poison, Gen, Chun-Li, Yun, and others plan to celebrate the holiday. You’ll find them in the gallery below.

An official announcement has yet to be made for regions outside of Japan, so stay tuned for more information.

Edit: Costumes finally confirmed for the west:

Combofiend said:
Hey guys, it’s almost time for Halloween and you know what that means right? It’s time to terrify the competition with something even scarier than landing all your one frame links without plinking; that’s right, the all new Horror costumes for USFIV are set to launch this October 27th through Steam, PS4, PS3 and Xbox360.

For those looking to cause pandemonium online with these creepy costumes, you’ll be able to purchase all of them under the Complete Horror Pack at $19.99 (€17.99/£14.99) or if you would like, just choose packs consisting of your favorite characters for $3.99 (€3.99/£3.29).

We're actually getting it a day earlier. Rad. No mention of getting them free with the SFV Beta though. Must mean that offer is Japan only.

Got some of the images from Eventhubs too.

SSYgAZB.jpg

TTgwRMZ.jpg

uQaO9t7.jpg

eLqevzS.jpg

3xC4MAf.jpg

CTeXNM2.jpg

jHvOmts.jpg

qGXQ0wy.jpg

2JK1O4N.jpg

7Sus2Ri.jpg

vKWCZnL.jpg

QDtiemR.jpg

oioj42S.jpg

whhwrvG.jpg

j8GD2FH.jpg

MG4kklV.jpg

EIrv2g4.jpg

pMIzFUv.jpg

tSyyH0R.jpg

ivBDi69.jpg

A lot of these are cool as hell. I wish they would be used in a tournament to show em off. Of course Dan's costume looks like that haha.

I don't really get what this is saying. Anyone who logs in to the beta on the 20th get these or you can buy them on the same day.
So if you play the beta they are free? Seems not likely they would give out 20 dollars worth of costume dlc if you play a beta for another game.
Also still no confirmation on US even though it's three days away?

Rymuth

Some of these are awesome. Love Rose's Wicked Witch/Elphaba schtick.

Way better than the furry pack *shiver*

Sanctuary

With SF5 five months away, will anyone really care about these costumes? I get that many people will still be playing SF4 for a while, but it's a safe bet the focus will be on 5.

KTO

With SF5 five months away, will anyone really care about these costumes? I get that many people will still be playing SF4 for a while, but it's a safe bet the focus will be on 5.

SF4 will is very active on PS4. No shortage of matches online.

Also: that's easily the best honda (fyi: I hate the turtle) and zangief outfit.

Windforce

I'm surprised they're making these, but the SFIV is still very alive online.

Very expensive pack, I'm glad beta players are getting these for free. The costumes look incredible.

cwistofu

Is it possible to access SFV through vita remote play? I ask because I'll be out of town that entire weekend but i want to log on and get the costumes at least .

KTO

Is it possible to access SFV through vita remote play? I ask because I'll be out of town that entire weekend but i want to log on and get the costumes at least .

I would assume so, I mean, it just streams the ps4 to the vita.

A lot of those are really nice. Cody, Gen, Blanka, Honda and Hakan in particular.
Something sexy for Cammy would have been nice. Ah well.

t_wilson01

I'm liking some of these costumes; very nice. However, what happened to Rose's thighs? Is she on a diet? Sexiness index decreasing. :/

On another note, it's crazy how dated this game looks now.

MrDaravon

Still waiting on any sort of western confirmation on this, this was posted a while back in the FGC thread but I don't think a thread was ever made because its JP only at the moment.

My Hori FC4 finally shows up Monday so I'm really hoping this is US as well.

Top Bottom