• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix E3 Hype Video

Teknoman

cross.jpg

Still a Chrono game. :p

Still T-H-E Chrono game.

I'll be honest, even though I havent sat down with it, the character art style aside from Lynx, Serge, Kid, and that knight guy...

I guess i'll roll through both after Xenogears.

Still want Toriyama back.

Video made me want to play Chrono Trigger.

I really believe the biggest things at the conference will be Deus Ex and Hitman, which is fine, but being a long time Square fan I would like to see some return to form, but I have low expectations from the years of disappointment.

Verendus had a post somewhere in the E3 predictions thread that gave me a lot of hope for Squeenix. I don't remember his exact words, but the gist was that they have a lot of ambitious projects in various stages of planning and production, and if they go well, opinions of Square would return to those seen in their glory days. Who knows if that is starting now, but I remain optimistic. We all have one company that we keep coming back to no matter how much they disappoint us, and Square is that company for me.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Long time has passed since the announcement and we still have nothing, it's time to show SaGa!

DChiuch

Neo Member
I think the font they use is FF Qtype Semi Extended, if anyone has access to paid fonts and feels like playing around in Photoshop to see what titles fit in the censors

Although I feel like they wouldn't actually make the censors match up with particular game titles but who knows

AmanoBuff

Lol what a tease SQEX.

This conference is the one I'm looking forward the most along with Sony's.

Just give me FFXII HD on Vita (and if you bring the KH HD collection to it would be great). That's all I ask for.

B.O.O.M

eh weird as bad as that was I'm kind of hyped for this conference. I appreciate that it didn't take itself too seriously as well.

JayBabay

Video made me want to play Chrono Trigger.

I really believe the biggest things at the conference will be Deus Ex and Hitman, which is fine, but being a long time Square fan I would like to see some return to form, but I have low expectations from the years of disappointment.

No matter how many times they disappoint after all the hype these past few years, it still get me pumped every time. Lets go! I hope they do go back to their roots with this.

Deus Ex...i adore the series but I'm not madly bothered about the game play reveal because you sort of know how it's going to play.

Hitman will be interesting.

Everything else will be a nice surprise.

All i want is KH HD Collection on PS4 (both combined, or separate, whatever) and FFXII IZJS HD on PS4. Can't really imagine playing it on Vita unless RP.

Fuck! I've been humming frogs theme for 20 minutes on repeat now because of this video!

Is that a bad thing?

Also, I'd given up hope of anything new related to Chrono long ago. Then this.... You're playing with fire here SE >:-(

Edit: Ha ha, what Tregard said ^

fedexpeon

Banned
I would love to play a HD remake of CC.
I think CC leveling system is one of the greatest RPG mechanic of all time.
It is so simple with the star levels.

Hedja

Square Enix Presents is always so pointless but that Frog Theme is baiting hard. Doubt it means anything though, at best it's yet another port of Chrono Trigger.

Bousf

DAT CHEAP MARKETING lol

I think they will do good though, not great, but still decently. Just gimme FFXII HD and I'll be satisfied.

Oregano

Hmmm no mention of Bravely Second. I guess Nintendo is publishing again...

SE has been complete shit on 3DS in the west

Toth

That frog theme....They could have used any stock music but they used that.

Well, I am a bit more hyped now haha

Kat Bailey on US Gamer and the 8-4 Play guys both strongly hinted at a Dragon Quest announcement. I think Kat was just speculating, but the 8-4 guys have localized Square games before aand they were clearly speaking from an informed position.

In either case, I suspect it will be DQ8.

Kazer

Kat Bailey on US Gamer and the 8-4 Play guys both strongly hinted at a Dragon Quest announcement. I think Kat was just speculating, but the 8-4 guys have localized Square games before aand they were clearly speaking from an informed position.

In either case, I suspect it will be DQ8.

That would be fantastic, but I'm not gunna bet on it yet. Only two days now so we'll all know soon enough!

sörine

Banned
DQVIII would be great. I'd prefer DQVII but I'll take what I can get.

I hope we see FF Explorers too. Mostly because I want that 3D FFI remake.

Kazer

sörine;167645238 said:
DQVIII would be great. I'd prefer DQVII but I'll take what I can get.

I hope we see FF Explorers too. Mostly because I want that 3D FFI remake.

Yeah, I would be glad to see both DQVII and DQVIII. I played the heck out of DQVIII on PS2 but I missed out on the original PS1 release of DQVII. Guess I could still find a copy and run through it, but I would much rather play the 3DS version.

Top Bottom