• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix E3 Hype Video

sörine

Banned
And for those of you who mentioned Bravely Second, it was shown in the last Nintendo Direct, I believe. Probably being published by Nintendo again.
It's possible, though there were other 3rd party games in that Direct and given SE's comments on Bravely Default's performance I definitely got the sense they felt they missed an opportunity there. I think SE might be selfpublishing this time.

Does anyone know how long this conference is? I have to leave for school after 1 hour.

Sure.. It is the strongest push because it is their first E3 conference. But it may just be that their Eidos side has finally earned its own conference to promote its big games as central (or Just Cause 3) and the Square legacy is merely along for the ride.

Would love to be wrong though. I'd love to see a return of core Square. Just can't expect it, or even hope for it.

Oh I hear you. The FF7 PS4 reveal has me containing all my hopes in the smallest of bottles...that I will burst forth upon GAF if they actually deliver.

KupoNut

Well, they have Bravely Second, Star Ocean 5 and Mobius trademarked for Europe. Those games are good, have their fanbases but still, I hope we get something more substantial from Square JP. If they take some risks, do some crazy things (like TWEWY) and stay loyal to their core franchises, nothing can go wrong. (just wish XV was there even just briefly)

theofficefan99

maybe they are not ready yet to show the new material.
The marketing campaing for this game will start in August with the gamescom...From that point on, im expecting new videos about gameplay, the towns and cities, driving with the car, optimized gameplay with magic......

Since the game will probably release in Q3-Q4 2016, they will another E3 show to focus on FF15

I kind of doubt the game will be releasing Q4 2016. Q3, maybe. Though I'm betting on Q2.

saturnine

that frog theme gave me chills. reminded me of a time I could call myself a squaresoft fan. can't say I have much hope for this event.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
World preimere? Chrono Trigger OST?

PLEASE SQUARE, PLEASE

Ue90yn7.gif

Kadmac25

Same music has been used previous years for promotional videos, they troll hard. Don't expect anything to do with Chrono

Are you serious?! Tired of Square messing with us. Why can't this company deliver on what people actually want?!

DJIzana

Are you serious?! Tired of Square messing with us. Why can't this company deliver on what people actually want?!

Because they obviously don't care about $$, or a good chunk of their fan base, apparently. :p

Regardless... still looking forward to Heavensward stuff, possibly KH3, JC3, Star Ocean 5 and anything else that fits my taste... despite that troll.

Kadmac25

Because they obviously don't care about $$, or a good chunk of their fan base, apparently. :p

Regardless... still looking forward to Heavensward stuff, possibly KH3, JC3, Star Ocean 5 and anything else that fits my taste... despite that troll.

Agreed. And to further top it off, here is the Square Enix Presents E3 from 2014. Exact same theme from Chrono Trigger. Sorry guys, no Chrono game this year. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28lBGNYmoCw&feature=youtu.be

theofficefan99

Obviously they feel they can make a better presentation that will get more attention a couple months on. Would you rather they show a bunch of rushed and poorly edited footage that gets lost in the crowd?

I see no reason as to why they couldn't at least throw together a new story trailer.

I'm expecting:

No new Chrono game announcements
No Dragon Quest 7/8 3ds localizations
No FF7 remake announcement

Because that's how Square-Enix rolls these days.

Best case scenario, we get the PSone version of Chrono Trigger with its horrendous loading times on PS4.

Icon1c

Banned
I'm expecting:

No new Chrono game announcements
No Dragon Quest 7/8 3ds localizations
No FF7 remake announcement

Because that's how Square-Enix rolls these days.

Best case scenario, we get the PSone version of Chrono Trigger with its horrendous loading times on PS4.

Stop. People need to get over this already.

They do care about $$, that's why they're more focused on mobile games.
Traditional games aren't just worth it for them anymore, too much hassle and investment, not enough profit.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a Chrono sequel on the 3DS. No way they'll invest the time/money on anything next-gen.

I wouldn't even mind a Chrono Cross 3DS port at this point. I have to be realistic with myself.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
This synth shit isn't doing Frog's Theme any justice.

Contrary to common belief, a new game doesn't erase an older game from existence.

My problem is more with the fact that people think a new Chrono game in this day and age will be a true Chrono game even though none of the original talent will be there. I just think their hoping for something that can't happen. The magic is gone.

Kadmac25

My problem is more with the fact that people think a new Chrono game in this day and age will be a true Chrono game even though none of the original talent will be there. I just think their hoping for something that can't happen. The magic is gone.

I actually feel differently than this. I see people talk about how there can't be a new Chrono game since the old team is gone. They all left the company and went on with their own pursuits. So is Square never to make a Chrono game again because their employees left?

I think they can and probably should. I want to see sequels to their older classics even if the original team is gone. It doesn't mean it will be automatic garbage if new people work on it.

Look at Star Wars. George Lucas is no longer involved. New directors and storytellers are taking it over and I think a lot of good things will come of it. The same can be for gaming sequels.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a Chrono sequel on the 3DS. No way they'll invest the time/money on anything next-gen.

I wouldn't even mind a Chrono Cross 3DS port at this point. I have to be realistic with myself.

Xenogears 3D makes way too much sense.

And yeah, Monolith have enough of said folks that they're likely the #1 team most capable of making a true sequel to Chrono Trigger/Cross, especially if they worked with Mistwalker.

I actually feel differently than this. I see people talk about how there can't be a new Chrono game since the old team is gone. They all left the company and went on with their own pursuits. So is Square never to make a Chrono game again because their employees left?

I think they can and probably should. I want to see sequels to their older classics even if the original team is gone. It doesn't mean it will be automatic garbage if new people work on it.

Look at Star Wars. George Lucas is no longer involved. New directors and storytellers are taking it over and I think a lot of good things will come of it. The same can be for gaming sequels.
I mean, it's not like you had to go with Star Wars. We have examples within the game industry itself of that happening (Devil May Cry for instance...)

Heck, the most loved FF games are not even directed by Sakaguchi.

It's like people are starting to buy into their own Lightning and Toriyama jokes and are actually starting to think that a new Chrono game would be directed by Toriyama and would have Lightning in it...

chrono01

What version of frogs theme was that??? Sounded like shit. This is how I remember it...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J5FFDj7vH6E

I wonder who remixed that Frog theme.
I posted it earlier, but it's:

"クロノ・トリガー カエルのテーマ (NOVOISKI REMIX) / Chrono Trigger Frog's Theme (NOVOISKI REMIX)"

It's from the Battle SQ album. Specifically, the Bonus Disc.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/sq/battlesq/

~Kinggi~

Banned
These motherfuckers.....troll masters they are. After that FF7 tease bullshit itsfuckingnothing.gif they are forever dead. DEAD

But yeah i still love me some Deus Ex and shit.

Bingo. To describe even a game as a "True Crono game" or whatever is just silly. A new one can be true just like the old one.

Top Bottom