• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only Five measly trophies for a 2016 PSN game.? come on Sony.

Catvoca

Banned
OT but do we know how much the game is gonna cost? I can't find information about the price anywhere?

Not yet, but I think they mentioned something about it costing the typical price of digital only indie games. So I'd expect somewhere between 15-25 bucks.

Rival

Gold Member
I think most trophies or achievements are completely stupid so what difference does it make how many a game has? Shouldn't gameplay, story, etc be what matters? Do we need an achievement for every little thing we do in games to validate playing them? Like in rare replay you get achievements for starting the games. So dumb.

Nzyme32

it's up to the developer how many trophies they want in the game

Sony is right not to get in the way of that too much

really not a big deal

This isn't true. Jonathan Blow wanted the Witness to only have 2 achievements, but Sony apparently have some sort of specification that forced them to include more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it's up to the developer how many trophies they want in the game

Sony is right not to get in the way of that too much

really not a big deal

Pretty much. The notion that Sony should enforce a minimum that's well above five is patently absurd.

Jawmuncher

Every game should have a platinum trophy. This is why I feel Xbox Achievements work better. As many achievements as you want they'll just all equal 1000 at the end.

It's kinda shitty that no matter the topic achievement/trophy threads are allowed to spiral into the same fight. Like, you guys have had plenty of opportunity to voice your opposition to something that clearly doesn't affect you or the games you play over the past ten years.

5 is fine I think. Not being a Trophy or Achievement or Steam Cheevo or Uplay Badges or Origin thingy's collector I don't mind how many a game has. I only ever try and get them if I really really really like a game. That doesn't happen often so I only have a couple of 1000/1000 or Platinum's to my name.

OT but do we know how much the game is gonna cost? I can't find information about the price anywhere?

We're announcing our entire launch plan today. We're just making sure everything is in order, but you'll know everything there is to know about the game's availability soon.

tuxfool

Banned
Does it matter? The trophies don't get in the way of your playing or finishing the game.

They don't affect you in any way. They're just there.

In which case if it doesn't matter, then there should be no feelings one way or another if they're in or not.

Mivey

When will console players finally give up their senseless lust for trophies?
*Starts up Witcher 3 to get those last few Gwent Achievements on GOG Galaxy*

ZOONAMI

Why do people always say the current year like it means something? Guys it's 2016 though. Right, cool. I would be happy if Sony decided to get rid of trophies all together, even in the future that is 2016. People always say it like because it's 2016, things should be a certain way according to their own personal word view. It's weird.

GulAtiCa

This isn't true. Jonathan Blow wanted the Witness to only have 2 achievements, but Sony apparently have some sort of specification that forced them to include more.

Same with the 1st release of Don't Starve on PS4. The devs wanted 0. Which is why the Trophy "...and despair!" (Use the Accomploshrine 725 times) was made, to kind of make fun of trophies. lol

IvanJ

Banned
We're announcing our entire launch plan today. We're just making sure everything is in order, but you'll know everything there is to know about the game's availability soon.

I really like the fact that there is a launch plan.
This game certainly deserves more than just being pushed onto the store come Tuesday.

Squalor

In which case if it doesn't matter, then there should be no feelings one way or another if they're in or not.
That is incorrect.

Your logic is distorted and faulty.

The presence of trophies doesn't affect someone who doesn't care about trophies. The absence of trophies affects the people who care.

That's how logic works.

RiverBed

Banned
Does it matter? The trophies don't get in the way of your playing or finishing the game.

They don't affect you in any way. They're just there.

Is there a system option to turn off trophy notification? Because that random sound and graphics popping up is distracting and annoying. I was watching this emotional scene in a game after an involving gameplay part and that shit appears. Can't they at least wait till the scene is over to start childish pop ups? It breaks the illusion.

'A scene of a main character dying after a fight' PING!!!
'Watching the end of a game' PING!!!

Is there a system option to turn off trophy notification? Because that random sound and graphics popping up is distracting and annoying. I was watching this emotional scene in a game after an involving gameplay part and that shit appears. Can't they at least wait till the scene is over to start childish pop ups? It breaks the illusion.

Yes go to notifications and uncheck the box

dinoroar

Banned

There is! You can turn it off in the "Notifications" area of the PS4. It's so serene without them.

I know warframe hit the max number for trophies. Sony won't let them implement any more.

This is also silly if they're creating new content. They don't seem to have a problem with DriveClub.

This is what people are saying -- it's the inconsistency!

Alas, I guess any thread about Trophies will go the same way, so it doesn't look like we can have the discussion.

Tizoc

Trophies are overrated. If your selling point for a game is a friggin' checklist then you're doing it all wrong.

Why all the snarky replies?

I don't exactly care about achievements or trophies but they are always neat to see pop up when you do something.

Luke_Wal

Do we even know how much this game will cost yet? It's kind of weird that Firewatch (which I'm incredibly excited for, by the way) comes out next week and I have no idea how much I need to be budgeting for it.

Fisty

This is weird but for some reason this got me more excited for Firewatcg. Game does look pretty cool

Me too, after EGttR im kinda happy that a narrative-driven game focuses on the narrative for its trophies. I dont mind massive lists, but its kinda nice every once in awhile to kick back and play through. In EGttR you pretty much need a second playthrough to get them if you dont want to spoil your first run with a guide

FDC1

This is also silly if they're creating new content. They don't seem to have a problem with DriveClub.

This is what people are saying -- it's the inconsistency!

Alas, I guess any thread about Trophies will go the same way, so it doesn't look like we can have the discussion.

Driveclub has the same limit than any other game. They bypassed that by creating a separate second list for Driveclub Bike.

Gavin551

Banned
Do we even know how much this game will cost yet? It's kind of weird that Firewatch (which I'm incredibly excited for, by the way) comes out next week and I have no idea how much I need to be budgeting for it.

They will probably confirm the price later today.

Top Bottom