• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release/Briefing on Oct. 26/27

I was correct in hearing Nikkei, they're basically only up on operating cost because of the excess profit taken from the Mariners sale. Next Quarter's gonna be carried solely through Pokémon, NES/Famicom Mini, and the Switch.

BasicUAE

Here we go
Daniel Ahmad ‏@ZhugeEX
- Pokemon Go affect noticeable for 3DS.
Hardware and Software up on a global basis.
Most notable in America & Other regions. (Not Japan)

- Global launch still planned for March 2017.
NES Classic launches November, Super Mario Run December.
Animal Crossing/Fire Emblem after..

- Nintendo: Nintendo Switch offers a wholly new concept as a home gaming system that can switch between different styles of play.

- No unit sale forecast for Nintendo Switch.

casiopao

(>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> Kirby Robobot 1 million seller baby.

Pokemon GO effect to WW increase 3DS number by 19% this year
It also increase the number of Pokemon software sales except in Japan
Amiibo is declining to 3.8 million for figure type and 1.7 million for card type thanks to the lack of software using Amiibo
Wii U also dropping both on hardware and software front as there is not big titles compared to last year.
Yen getting stronger also create quite a loss for Ninty as many of their revenue comes from outside of Japan.
Switch still March 2017
NES Classic November 2016
Super Mario Run December 2016

Only Planet Robobot was a hit? Man, that is harsh. We didn't get that many releases this year but its still sad.

Umm...... what other games that Ninty actually released this year though?O_O

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
In case anyone was wondering

Oct. 27, 2016Six Months Financial Results Briefing
(for institutional investors and securities analysts)

The investor briefing is indeed tomorrow, and then the Q&A will follow.

trugs26

There is a brief mention of Pokémon Go, in that it helped 3DS hardware sales as well as older Pokémon games.

fhqwhgads

Only Planet Robobot was a hit? Man, that is harsh. We didn't get that many releases this year but its still sad.
Whilst I am glad Kirby did well, I'm honestly surprised the new Fire Emblem underperformed. Obviously it was never going to be the same hit Awakening was but even so I was expecting it to do well.

robotrock

Banned

s70lXrL.jpg

casiopao

A whole lot of nothing. I'm going to bed.

Are you new to this lol?

Poke X and Y is now 15.64 million, ORAS is now 13.18 mil
Mario Kart 7 almost 14 million
Luigi Mansion:DM hit that 5 million.O_O

On Wii U
Mario Kart 8= 8 mil
Splatoon still selling 4.5 million
Smash Bros 3DS+Wii U now reach= 13 million

Not bad at all.^_^

Whilst I am glad Kirby did well, I'm honestly surprised the new Fire Emblem underperformed. Obviously it was never going to be the same hit Awakening was but even so I was expecting it to do well.

Most of Fire Emblem Fates's sales came from the west and happened around February, so it's less likely for them to continue into the million territory into this quarter.

I'm trying to remember the last time Nintendo announced hardware launch plans and pricing more than two months before release. This isn't new for them.

The fact that we probably won't receive any Switch info before 2017 sucks though.

trugs26

Are you new to this lol?

Poke X and Y is now 15.64 million, ORAS is now 13.18 mil
Mario Kart 7 almost 14 million
Luigi Mansion:DM hit that 5 million.O_O

On Wii U
Mario Kart 8= 8 mil
Splatoon still selling 4.5 million
Smash Bros 3DS+Wii U now reach= 13 million

Not bad at all.^_^

Good to see that MK8 didn't become the worst selling Mario Kart game like Polygon's article projected it to. http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/15/5718168/mario-kart-series-sales

I'm trying to remember the last time Nintendo announced hardware launch plans and pricing more than two months before release. This isn't new for them.

The fact that we probably won't receive any Switch info before 2017 sucks though.

I'm pretty sure all their systems were announced and detailed more than 2 months before release.

casiopao

Hyrule Warrior Legends, Star Fox Zero, Federation Force, TMS#FE in the west I think (Or was that before that? I am a bit foggy on that one)

Except for Hyrule Warrior Legends, i can't see any of those title even reach 700k number lol.

Most of Fire Emblem Fates's sales came from the west and happened around February, so it's less likely for them to continue into the million territory into this quarter.

Yup. The only thing we can wait for FE:Fates is how the legs is going to be. And how much is the total sales and revenue from the DLC/Story branches.

Splitting the game in two probably didn't do it many favors. Not to mention it didnt have the same push behind it Awakening did or bring such a transitional shift it did either. Awakening felt fresh and new. Fates, despite its many improvements, felt more of the same sadly.

I'm pretty sure all their systems were announced and detailed more than 2 months before release.

Yup. We also had games announced alongside with their system. Switch is an exception. Gotta save that huge holiday season :")

Impressed by the Mario Kart number, it's better than Double Dash and Super Circuit on a smaller user base.

On the other hand, the Mario Kart IP has seen a bigger growth since these games. Not only accounting the fact that MK8 on Wii U is basically a game you have to own as a Wii U owner, considering the lacking library.

LordKano

Splitting the game in two probably didn't do it many favors. Not to mention it didnt have the same push behind it Awakening did or bring such a transitional shift it did either. Awakening felt fresh and new. Fates, despite its many improvements, felt more of the same sadly.

I'm pretty sure the game will end with more units sold than Awakening, if it's not already done.

Top Bottom